Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

One_Wing posted:

Goddamit, i was hoping against hope that one of the things in chapter approved this year would be a rebalancing and update of all things called “knight” that aren’t imperial.

*weeps in Wraithknight*

Are they really that bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Podcast talk: I get the impression that Carl from the IC is really good friends with Kat and Caleb from CK Studios, but my goodness I am tired of them having an interview every other episode, and then Carl or one of the guys saying they haven't heard from CK in sooo long. I would love to take a class with them sometime, sure, but maybe they could consider spacing those out a bit more.

Not sure if I am the only one that gets annoyed by this in a free, generally awesome Podcast, but for some reason it always grates on me. Then again, I don't love interviews in general in Podcasts, so maybe its just that.

Badcast = best cast.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Podcast talk: I get the impression that Carl from the IC is really good friends with Kat and Caleb from CK Studios, but my goodness I am tired of them having an interview every other episode, and then Carl or one of the guys saying they haven't heard from CK in sooo long. I would love to take a class with them sometime, sure, but maybe they could consider spacing those out a bit more.

Not sure if I am the only one that gets annoyed by this in a free, generally awesome Podcast, but for some reason it always grates on me. Then again, I don't love interviews in general in Podcasts, so maybe its just that.

Badcast = best cast.

I've been skipping those interviews tbh. There's not a lot you can expect to get out of hearing them talk for the 4th time or whatever.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I skip the occasional interview too. Unless it's a BL author or something, I'm typically not interested.

Personally, I can't loving stand the "HEY, IT'S BIG NASTY B HERE" commercials and I frantically click to skip them as soon as they pop up.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is there a white/cream color traitor legion?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've stopped listening to a ton of podcasts recently because of the placement of ads. One of them, This Is War, is really good with great quality. It's a guy interviewing veterans about their experiences. But nothing like listening to a veteran and having that be broken so we can talk about blue apron for 7 minutes and forgetting what the person was saying.

Ads belong either at the top or the end, not in the middle. Ruins the flow.

mango sentinel posted:

Death Guard would be the closest, or maybe World Eaters. Death Guard have some splinter factions in 40k that have different paint schemes. One of them is a really nice cream color.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

Not a legion but the sons of malice are white with black trim Warband.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

PaintVagrant posted:

Are they really that bad?

A wraithknight with Suncannon, scattershield and two starcannons is 570 points, so only 13 points less than a default Valiant loadout, and has a mere 5++ with no way of boosting it.

The default loadout plus starcannons is 532 points and has no invuln.

They looked deeply sketchy pre-knight codex, and utterly embarrassing since.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

I skip the occasional interview too. Unless it's a BL author or something, I'm typically not interested.

Personally, I can't loving stand the "HEY, IT'S BIG NASTY B HERE" commercials and I frantically click to skip them as soon as they pop up.

Yeah, but that one is comedic genius compared to the 'Foam Fingers' James Bond spoof. I almost always skip adds too, but sometimes if I am driving or running I'll just let them go because it is more hassle to mess with them then to just wait.

I know it is a pain, but I really appreciate Podcasters that take the time to do something different with their ads. Dan Carlin almost always does a separate thing for his ads everytime, such as a different recommendation on Audible for something related to this topic. Would be cool to see that with adds for something like Wargamma or whatever. maybe a different short product highlight or review?

Soldier o Fortune fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 22, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, but that one is comedic genius compared to the 'Foam Fingers' James Bond spoof. I almost always skip adds too, but sometimes if I am driving or running I'll just let them go because it is more hassle to mess with them then to just wait.

I know it is a pain, but I really appreciate Podcasters that take the time to do something different with their odds. Dan Carlin almost always does a separate thing for his ads everytime, such as a different recommendation on Audible for something related to this topic. Would be cool to see that with adds for something like Wargamma or whatever. maybe a different short product highlight or review?

Dan Carlin is head and shoulders above pretty much anyone in the business when it comes to quality though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

GreenMarine posted:

Opinions requested. Should I keep doing these drop cloths for my primaris Thousand Sons? I'm torn. They look okay, but maybe not great. Too tacked on?

(Need to clean up the paint on this one.)

I think they look pretty great given the painting quality you used for an example. But I do agree it looks a little tacked on. I think adding a bit of green stuff to make a waistcord or something would help.

I also think they probably look amazing when viewing them on the table. The tacked on thing only pops up when looking at them up close.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Badcast = best cast.

Poor Carl hasn't recovered after the 30k thread ran him off the forums :(

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

mango sentinel posted:

Get up your courage and do that OG World Eaters classic scheme. Classic Death Guard is a good cream scheme too.

Dang, it turns out 30k is the best. Who would have guessed.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I think that one's by the same people. All of their commercials are awful and I seriously question the IC podcast for being willing to run them.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 22, 2018

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Poor Carl hasn't recovered after the 30k thread ran him off the forums :(

Come back Carl.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

panascope posted:

Come back Carl.

I missed the whole thing,. was it people being dicks about Alan or Carl being overly sensitive about Alan or somewhere in the middle? I think I heard it was something about that.

But hey, ads aside, just glad we have a nice variety of podcasts to enjoy.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

I missed the whole thing,. was it people being dicks about Alan or Carl being overly sensitive about Alan or somewhere in the middle?

IIRC a couple of jackasses made some insensitive posts, Carl kind of lost it and took everything extremely personally (not just the dumbass comments), and then we (the 30k thread crowd) told him to take a breather and chill until he was feeling better/over the recent death of his friend. Apparently he took that as a request to leave, I guess?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

GreenMarine posted:

Opinions requested. Should I keep doing these drop cloths for my primaris Thousand Sons? I'm torn. They look okay, but maybe not great. Too tacked on?

(Need to clean up the paint on this one.)

I think they look great, and I want to know where you got them.

I've been using old oop 1k sons tabards, as well as tabards from marine veterans along with these.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I missed the whole thing,. was it people being dicks about Alan or Carl being overly sensitive about Alan or somewhere in the middle? I think I heard it was something about that.

But hey, ads aside, just glad we have a nice variety of podcasts to enjoy.
From what I remember, it was mostly people criticizing the quality of Inferno. Alan Bligh had recently passed and Carl kind of took it as a personal attack on his friend and felt it was best to take a break from SA. Some rear end in a top hat (Pawl?) also made a couple of really insensitive jokes which didn't help the situation. They, thankfully, got run off. Carl still pops in occasionally though definitely doesn't post like he used to.

Come back, Carl. :smith:

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Two Beans posted:

I think they look great, and I want to know where you got them.

I've been using old oop 1k sons tabards, as well as tabards from marine veterans along with these.

They are spellcrow "space knight tabards".

But check these out:

http://www.kromlech.eu/EN-H5/1/140/new-releaseprime-legionaries-bodies-tabards.html

Other than the helmet kneepad...

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

From what I remember, it was mostly people criticizing the quality of Inferno. Alan Bligh had recently passed and Carl kind of took it as a personal attack on his friend and felt it was best to take a break from SA. Some rear end in a top hat (Pawl?) also made a couple of really insensitive jokes which didn't help the situation. They, thankfully, got run off. Carl still pops in occasionally though definitely doesn't post like he used to.

Come back, Carl. :smith:

I think I've literally seen him in this thread a single time since that all went down. It's definitely a bummer because he seems like a pretty cool dude.

Come back Carl

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Broken Record Talk posted:

IIRC a couple of jackasses made some insensitive posts, Carl kind of lost it and took everything extremely personally (not just the dumbass comments), and then we (the 30k thread crowd) told him to take a breather and chill until he was feeling better/over the recent death of his friend. Apparently he took that as a request to leave, I guess?

He's popped into this thread a couple times since then but isn't super active. I'll listen to the IC infomercials depending on what the product is, but those guys are are incredibly kind in providing timestamps in the show notes for people who want to skip to specific segments.

Ask about traitor Legions because I really like the color scheme on the Renegade night on the Renegade box and was wondering if any CSM legion/warband looked similar. I could just make up my own if I really wanted but I like stuff with canon backstory.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 22, 2018

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pendent posted:

I've been skipping those interviews tbh. There's not a lot you can expect to get out of hearing them talk for the 4th time or whatever.

Yeah that's kinda one reason I stopped listening to them all together. They got really repetitive after a while.

The ads in IC worked as a good breather between segments but they really needed a bigger rotation of them and the latter ones were also rather dubious in quality. Seemed like I stopped before some really cringy ones as well.
Not to mention as a EU resident they're not really all that relevant for me outside of KR.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

those guys are are incredibly kind in providing timestamps in the show notes for people who want to skip to specific segments.

This is a huge reason why i love the IC so much. That shows that they know not everyone loves the ads and they don't want to force them on anyone.

I wish more podcasts did this.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Ask me how much I love Ork sprues which have 27 parts per model, 3 models in the box, with no numbers on the sprues or instructions, and the parts in the instructions don’t quite match those on the sprue. And you’re meant to cut off the handlebar to glue on a hand on the throttle, and stuff doesn’t quite slot into place like it should.

The warbikers poo poo all over the Chaos ones in terms of character but oh my god. I’m tempting to have an entire horde of Ork bikers going “look no hands” to avoid trying to get the Ork to stay in his seat and touch the throttle in the right place.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I just zone out on commercials. Badcast supremacy.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Milotic posted:

I’m tempting to have an entire horde of Ork bikers going “look no hands” to avoid trying to get the Ork to stay in his seat and touch the throttle in the right place.

This does sound like a very orky thing to do

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Milotic posted:

Ask me how much I love Ork sprues which have 27 parts per model, 3 models in the box, with no numbers on the sprues or instructions, and the parts in the instructions don’t quite match those on the sprue. And you’re meant to cut off the handlebar to glue on a hand on the throttle, and stuff doesn’t quite slot into place like it should.

The warbikers poo poo all over the Chaos ones in terms of character but oh my god. I’m tempting to have an entire horde of Ork bikers going “look no hands” to avoid trying to get the Ork to stay in his seat and touch the throttle in the right place.

this is called modelling and it builds character, but i guess you kids nowadays have an anxiety attack when someone isnt hand holding you the whole way

also not sure how no one suggested the most obvious cream colored traitors

deathwing :haw:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

GreenMarine posted:

They are spellcrow "space knight tabards".

But check these out:

http://www.kromlech.eu/EN-H5/1/140/new-releaseprime-legionaries-bodies-tabards.html

Other than the helmet kneepad...

I got a set to make a Black Templar Primaris Deathwatch and they are sweet. The Kromlech ones. Also, the helmet kneepad is 40k as gently caress.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Okay so I had to go back to the videos and take some more screens. There are 2 SS82 batreps (CTS 43 and CTS 44)against a Guard player named Jensen Regan who has made some questionable design choices with his dudes.

First off there are a lot of Iron Crosses everywhere which could normally be fine. But they take on a different meaning when displayed next to prominent red banners with a black aquila on a white roundel:

Then the regimental insignia is a white cross on a shield, alternating with a freehand white iron cross. Normally not too bad, but there are little things that appear to be skulls in the bottom corner of the shoulder pads:

Hold on, those look like letters:

Now lets take a look at his commander:

Red skull with sig runes. Welp.

Oh and it looks like my comments about the army have been deleted! Thanks Luke! Here are the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdFjxiDSbRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEieimBGW38

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Thats pretty much the "i'm not touching you" of nazis.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
that guy was in such a rush to paint his nazi guard he forgot to trim the mold lines

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Just the flags are enough for me to tell someone to gently caress off. He really went the extra mile with the freehand.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

adamantium|wang posted:

yep that's some nazi poo poo

Thorough work, detective!

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Oh gently caress off with turning the Aquila into a swastika.

I’ve run into a small problem with my van Saar guardsmen. There’s 8 male and 2 female bodies per sprue. But tempestus heads are all male. The female bodies are also slightly smaller so the proportions are a little wonky (though less so than normal guardsmen so whatevs). I’m just gonna assume the rigors of Deathwatch guardsmen service really messes with your complexion.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
have you given thought to using heads from any of the dozen or so 3rd party companies that are compatible? because that frankly looks like poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i dont think berets go well with that weird armored bodysuit thing van saar have going on, but if you must stick with that look the option exists

its ok to glue non citadel parts to a citadel mini, it wont cause a violent chemical reaction

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Badablack posted:

Oh gently caress off with turning the Aquila into a swastika.

I’ve run into a small problem with my van Saar guardsmen. There’s 8 male and 2 female bodies per sprue. But tempestus heads are all male. The female bodies are also slightly smaller so the proportions are a little wonky (though less so than normal guardsmen so whatevs). I’m just gonna assume the rigors of Deathwatch guardsmen service really messes with your complexion.

I'd just stick with the helmeted heads for those in that case.

But the Scion heads is such a great addition to the IG line just because they can make some conversions look really good.
Even if their different dimensions make them slightly cumbersome to use at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

adamantium|wang posted:

Red skull with sig runes. Welp.

Oh and it looks like my comments about the army have been deleted! Thanks Luke! Here are the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdFjxiDSbRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEieimBGW38

So, are they a Nazi, or are they portraying the fascist imperium as Nazis? Am I going to be punched in the face for starting a Japanese WWII historical army?