Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not gonna lie: while it was definitely the smart move, I’m a little heartbroken MacLachlan didn’t submit for Dougie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

ya missed one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY5cZNsnx8s

FACES OF STONE

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1005071242645237761

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahah that's the new worst take ever

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lynch is a troll but not intentionally. He makes these bizarre (almost abstract) art pieces, but to him, they make complete sense. It's only because we are not David Lynch that they can sometimes seem difficult to fully comprehend to us.

He's like this hyperintelligent alien creature and we're just attempting to make sense of how the hell he works.

And I'm sure he doesn't give a poo poo about Crystal Skull, if he's even seen the thing. He turned down directing Star Wars when it was offered to him because it wouldn't be his kind of thing where he could work like he likes to.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It reminds me of a similar argument about Lost Highway being a hitpiece on some Oliver Stone stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAi2ehBBw7M

Might have been linked here before.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I was really hoping these would all just be "For Your Consideration: Kyle MacLachlan as _____"

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

give david lynch best actor

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

give david lynch best actor
NOT WHERE IT COUNTS, BUDDY! :smugdog:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Only peripherally Twin Peaks related, but since we were talking about it a while ago, the Italians Do It Better store is back online, heavily redesigned so you can actually sort by products now and the MP3s and stuff are back. And they've also announced new Chromatics and Desire albums. I'm gonna wind up with everything they put out eventually just from padding out my orders so the shipping costs are worth it.

Also, lent my Twin Peaks gold box to a friend who's never seen beyond two or three episodes. I felt it was prudent to tell him in advance to stick with it throughout season 2.

The store is still a little finicky, but I finally managed to buy a few albums. Johnny Jewel's Twin Peaks outtakes don't really blow me away. I genuinely liked the Windswept album better. Maybe it'll grow on me. For one buck each, it's a steal, either way. :shrug:

The Other Side of Midnight, though, that album is creepy as gently caress. Just one continuous track that slowly draws you in. Really good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So this new Lynch biography, Room To Dream, came out recently and it’s excellent. The draw with this one is that it’s also part autobiography - the main author would do the usual biography stuff of talking to everyone she could and writing up the story of his life, and Lynch would go through each chapter, make any corrections to dates and such, and then write his own view of whichever specific section of his life the chapter is about. He tells a lot of great stories and while no book will ever truly explain this dude it’s about as close as anything is going to get I think. I even understand the long-rear end sweeping scene now!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The sweeping scene immediately reminded me of various stories of Buddhist monks sweeping as a form of meditation.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Was jean michel renault the black lodge version of jacque?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1010306457433182208

:stare:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It'd be cool if it happens, but if it doesn't I'm satisfied with what we have.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Raxivace posted:

It'd be cool if it happens, but if it doesn't I'm satisfied with what we have.
Yeah, same. I don't see a need for more.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

I'm definitely satisfied with the ending to season 3, it was an absolute masterpiece, but I have full faith that if Lynch did decide to continue the series I have no doubt it would be amazing. He wouldn't continue it unless he had some very strong ideas. Plus, sooo many great musicians that Lynch could feature! Tom Waits at the Bamg Bang Bar!!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Season 4 is a VR sweeping simulator.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
If he makes more, I hope he abandons anything about Cooper or Laura or the Lodges and just makes a show about the town still being fuckin weird without them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm game for whatever lynch is up to

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Origami Dali posted:

If he makes more, I hope he abandons anything about Cooper or Laura or the Lodges and just makes a show about the town still being fuckin weird without them.

I hope it's all completely new and we never see the old twin peaks again, since it's been fundamentally altered by Laura's disappearance.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I'm definitely satisfied with the ending to season 3, it was an absolute masterpiece, but I have full faith that if Lynch did decide to continue the series I have no doubt it would be amazing. He wouldn't continue it unless he had some very strong ideas. Plus, sooo many great musicians that Lynch could feature! Tom Waits at the Bamg Bang Bar!!

:same:

I never even though we needed a season 3, to begin with. Then he did it, and it was amazing

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The Adventures of Wally Brando

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Guardian did a little portrait on Lynch: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/23/david-lynch-gotta-be-selfish-twin-peaks

His hair situation is becoming a thing to behold.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My Lovely Horse posted:

The Guardian did a little portrait on Lynch: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/23/david-lynch-gotta-be-selfish-twin-peaks

His hair situation is becoming a thing to behold.
Yeah, uhh, about that:
https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1011300546731499520

I'm not okay with this even though he's calling Trump stupid and a child. That does not make him great or right. Lynch is contradicting himself here.

I thought Lynch was against terrible people, but maybe he just doesn't follow things closely enough.

It's not a good look for him.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, uhh, about that:

I'm not okay with this even though he's calling Trump stupid and a child. That does not make him great or right. Lynch is contradicting himself here.

I thought Lynch was against terrible people, but maybe he just doesn't follow things closely enough.

:stare: Well, that's...a take. Kinda reminds me of Shania Twain's comments on Trump that she ended up walking back almost immediately after the Guardian published its interview with her.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lynch has also been accused of rape and sexual harassment before so not too surprised he’s a idiot and wrong. Makes good stuff though.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Empress Brosephine posted:

Lynch has also been accused of rape and sexual harassment before so not too surprised he’s a idiot and wrong. Makes good stuff though.

???

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
You're talking about the claims made by Michael J. "The Jews are the real Nazis and they control the media and are why I don't get gigs" Anderson?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
He says Trump is like a child and that he's a bad president but that the jarring of the system by his presence is opening up a possibility for a good thing in the future. It's not wrong. The status quo manchin/pelosi dinos were going to run things safely into the ground until this presidency put into relief how much the democrats have failed as leftists and populists.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah, uhh, about that:

p. sure he just means important, not great as in good

his presidency could be looked back upon as good if it makes the left get its poo poo together (it won't)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Your Parents posted:

He says Trump is like a child and that he's a bad president but that the jarring of the system by his presence is opening up a possibility for a good thing in the future. It's not wrong. The status quo manchin/pelosi dinos were going to run things safely into the ground until this presidency put into relief how much the democrats have failed as leftists and populists.
Yeah but calling this the new status quo sucks and is wrong. Sure, someone better and not a career politician could run and conceivably even win in the future as a result of Trump's win, but what about all the havoc Trump is causing in the meantime? Look at the loving child concentration camps and shaking hands with North Korea but not actually achieving anything. This should not be the new norm.

Lynch is on the wrong side of things here.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah but calling this the new status quo sucks and is wrong.

nobody said it was???

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The child concentration camps have existed since GWB and a bill to eliminate ICE has been introduced into the house just recently as a result of pressure from the left responding to the current administration.

Also this just happened:

Kevin K. McAleenan, the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection posted:

told border agents not to refer families to the Justice Department for prosecution until the two agencies can agree on a policy that would allow parents to be prosecuted without separating them from their children. Because Immigration and Customs Enforcement does not have enough detention space for families, the immediate impact of the decision will be that many families will be quickly released, with a promise to return for a court date at some point in the future.

Things are going to keep turning around.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's a world... of truck drivers.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
What the gently caress kind of thread is this?

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Baloogan posted:

It's a world... of truck drivers.

It's amazing the amount of usage I've gotten out of that quote lately.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
lynch entertained 9/11 conspiracy theories and thinks maharishi mahesh yogi was a great dude and not a ridiculous scam artist, he ain't exactly a smart guy.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wait his name his NAME is "lynch"???????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Baloogan posted:

What the gently caress kind of thread is this?

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
lmao