Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look out the assassins are going to scratch you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Newspaper Spiderman: Stuck in the 50s enough to still have all female nurses with retro nurse uniforms, modern enough to have female doctors with scrubs.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
If he had a gun why was he going to fistfight or scratchfight until the hostage showed up?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
naw the comic is often dumb in confusing ways but in the first panel he's pulling the gun out of his scrubs

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Which is wonderful because like scrubs do have pockets sure but like he's holding it in the waistband of his scrubs so he's just constantly having his gun fall down a pants leg and clatter to the floor, apologizing for it and putting it back before puffing his chest out to continue to try to keep it in place. Scrubs aren't necessarily, like, elastic-waisted.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

joehonkie posted:

If he had a gun why was he going to fistfight or scratchfight until the hostage showed up?

Unfortunately on short notice he could only get a Western gun, with Western bullets that obey the Western laws of physics. It's a last resort since it's useless against the Iron Fist.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

joehonkie posted:

He’s pulling the gun from his scrubs in the first panel.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I want the confidence of that random goon saying "it's two on one" to the guy who just demolished a wall with, literally, his bare hands.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I want the confidence of that random goon saying "it's two on one" to the guy who just demolished a wall with, literally, his bare hands.

Reminds me of the goons in the Arkham games going "If the bat ever shows up, everyone rushes into him at once. Always works."

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
"Those odds won't last long - and then!"
"...and then what?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Unfortunately on short notice he could only get a Western gun, with Western bullets that obey the Western laws of physics. It's a last resort since it's useless against the Iron Fist.

These draconian gun laws are making it so a man can't even attempt to assassinate an FBI Agent without some mystical kung-fu monk who ain't even from around these parts (recently) smashing through a wall and getting all up in his business!

Makes me sick, motherfucker, how far we done fell.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no, curses, if only I wasnt delaying every action so I could narrate what I was doing

Ann Coulter's job IS talking too much, you can't expect her to stop just because she is murdering someone.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Jerusalem posted:

What is he standing on? Is he outside the building with his Iron Toes jammed into the wall to hold him into place? Or is Spidey squatting beneath him and he's holding him on his back?

Either way is good!

His Iron Fist is so iron it interacts with Earth's magnetic core, enabling him to fly.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I like the idea that this hospital is so loud that a person can literally explode a wall and all that happens is one person thinks they heard something

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

quite stretched out posted:

naw the comic is often dumb in confusing ways but in the first panel he's pulling the gun out of his scrubs

It's pretty obvious now but somehow I saw him as having both hands up in some really weird boxing stance at first.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This thread.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Look out the assassins are going to scratch you!

That first panel is awesome.
Sexy assasin nurse by day...
Star of the off-Broadway revival of Cats by night!

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

:five:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:perfect:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I'm crying.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love everyone in this thread :allears:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Go for it, Wall-Gronker!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, actually you know what? they are in a hospital now. hospitals are where blood transfusions happen.

it's time for jimmy woo to acquire the proportional strength and speed of shou lao the undying.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Samuringa posted:

Reminds me of the goons in the Arkham games going "If the bat ever shows up, everyone rushes into him at once. Always works."
'Always'? Where, in his imagination?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Malachite_Dragon posted:

'Always'? Where, in his imagination?

:thejoke:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I want to imagine someone opening their paper to the funnies and seeing this pair of panels with no context.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
that Fake Nurse looks like she's pretending to walk down stairs

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i love you

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So was he thrown into this hospital too or has he acquired the power to break through walls on his own?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Samuringa posted:

that Fake Nurse looks like she's pretending to walk down stairs

Spider-Man: Woah, there was a set of a stairs there the whole time!?! :aaa:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ironically this looks like a job for a web-slinger. Watch Spider-Man not do anything useful when he has the perfect set up.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

evilmiera posted:

So was he thrown into this hospital too or has he acquired the power to break through walls on his own?

His perfectly tuned Gronk-sense allows him to tell Hulk where to aim to fling him to where he is needed.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Zerilan posted:

His perfectly tuned Gronk-sense allows him to tell Hulk where to aim to fling him to where he is needed.

This is now canon.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Gronk Bullet and Fire Me Hulk?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The only explanation for all of these perspective changes is that everyone is circling each other constantly.

Iron Fist went from the wall with Jimmy between him and the goons, to being between Jimmy and the goons, to switching places with the goons and now being cut off from Jimmy.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 23, 2018

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

joehonkie posted:

It's pretty obvious now but somehow I saw him as having both hands up in some really weird boxing stance at first.

amusingly now that youve said this, im having a hard time seeing the gun

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

uPen posted:

I want to imagine someone opening their paper to the funnies and seeing this pair of panels with no context.
And under the heading Spider-Man no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Zerilan posted:

They call it the Gronkball Special.