Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Onmi posted:

So no, Dabi's just a flame-based Quirk-user, he's no more Endeavour's son than Midoriya is. Midoriya's dad breath's fire, does that mean he's also secretly Endeavour?

I see you missed out on that early crack theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nuebot posted:

I'm still going with black mist, powered up by Muscular's quirk and others. We even see him transporting other Nomu through his body!

Thats not actually what happened. It did not teleport other Nomus it was storing them inside it's body. It also looked differently then Kurogiri's power did.

Added on he looks nothing like Kurogiri, acts nothing like him, And Kurogiri was only just captured.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
to this day, i still don't understand why the characters in-universe latched so hard onto the traitor theory when it could just as easily have been afo or even just some rando villain with some kind of surveillance-related quirk.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Onmi posted:

I don't doubt his name is relevant, I just... don't think it's a good revelation for him to be a failed Endeavor prodigy, It's not been properly hinted at, and if it was the case I'd be loving annoyed we had all these internal thoughts and not one thought like that.

You know, is what I say, but I don't doubt whatever Hori does I'll be going "And that's why you're the master."

i mean we've told you a lot of hints but ok

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thats not actually what happened. It did not teleport other Nomus it was storing them inside it's body. It also looked differently then Kurogiri's power did.

Added on he looks nothing like Kurogiri, acts nothing like him, And Kurogiri was only just captured.

it almost makes me think Ectoplasm, but his clones aren't discolored

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Mirage posted:

I'm gonna muddy the waters here a bit by noting that any of the kids could have whipped out their phone (or other communication device) during the run through the Forest of Magical Beasts and sent a "We're here" message with GPS coordinates. Since the bad guys didn't show up until night of the second day, they had plenty of time to prepare.

how many forests do you know with cell reception

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....pretty much all of California's national, state and regional parks? With a few allowances for geographical features where it's unreasonable to expect reception in, like deep valleys.

Like, you REALLY gotta get into the sticks to lose cell phone reception entirely.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 23, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Eej posted:

Dabi is Endeavour's son, but Deku's dad is the one who gave him those burn scars! :tinfoil:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 23, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Eej posted:

The DekuDad theories are

1. Endeavor, because apparently, EVERY fire quirk user should be Endeavor and
2. All For One.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
It must be rough for Deku's dad to need to be away from the most sweet and adorable woman in the world for such long periods of time.

Either that or he's a monster.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

If AfO was Deku's dad, it'd make sense that he would stop coming around after All Might smashed his face.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Deku's dad does end up being a villain, I don't want him to be some super powerful one, I want him to be some mid to low tier gently caress-up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are there any theories that Deku and his mom are related to Shimura because of what All Might said that one time?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NEW THEORY: All Might is Dabi's son.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

weird place for a dynamite headdy tie in but I'm game

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Rhonne posted:

La Brava did show us that UA's cyber security is kind of poo poo.

Did she? I know she talked a big game but I don't think she ever actually got a chance to do any hacking before they got caught.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

NEW THEORY: All Might is Dabi's son.

That's ridiculous.

Look at what we know about All Might

1) He's ridiculously American

2) He's Japanese.

3) He was born without a quirk

4) He gets involved with any situation in front of him, due to a chronic inability to not get involved.

Obviously, he's a descendant of President Hitomi Mishima

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean a lot of this could be explained by whatever cause his appearance is something he did himself/something after he separated from the family. Also I don't think Dabi is his real name, it's like Spinner or Magnee. it's a villainous moniker. When the heroes raiding the alliance list off names do they give Dabi's out?

Maybe they all think he's dead because of whatever made him look like a cadaver.

Rhonne posted:

If Deku's dad does end up being a villain, I don't want him to be some super powerful one, I want him to be some mid to low tier gently caress-up.

He was just so lame she tells everyone he's a busy salary man instead.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://i.gyazo.com/93834eb637e2b8e4310219db231444a8.mp4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mitsuki's voice is perfect, holy crap.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Deku's father can breathe fire, but all he would do is upload lovely "Will it burn?" videos on youtube.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Next week we're getting the dorm room showoff! :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArstBLEEqUs

Deku is totally about to take one of Tokoyami's swords there. :allears:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

All I want to see is the shot of Mina shoving Tokoyami out of the way of his door.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

All I want to see is the shot of Mina shoving Tokoyami out of the way of his door.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

These are the important things that we as a fandom need to talk about.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Inko Midoriya gives me life.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mirage posted:

I'm gonna muddy the waters here a bit by noting that any of the kids could have whipped out their phone (or other communication device) during the run through the Forest of Magical Beasts and sent a "We're here" message with GPS coordinates. Since the bad guys didn't show up until night of the second day, they had plenty of time to prepare.

The villain squad very conveniently attacked just as the camp was doing one of the very few activities in their program that would involve the kids and their teachers being scattered and isolated from each other for any length of time; this was totally key to their plan succeeding, because even the villain squad would have had an impossible task trying to attack the students and teachers as one big group. That would be pretty hard to find out and plan around quickly, especially since the kids only found out about the test of courage the day it was going to happen and even then it was right before they did activities and wouldn't have time to tell anyone about it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Lot of small scenes got cut this episode. I kinda hope they're just re-arranging some stuff but I doubt it. They cut the TV discussion of Ragdoll's essential retirement, Jeanist being out for an indeterminable amount of time due to his injuries, One For All explaining to the prison guard how he sees, etc.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Lot of small scenes got cut this episode. I kinda hope they're just re-arranging some stuff but I doubt it. They cut the TV discussion of Ragdoll's essential retirement, Jeanist being out for an indeterminable amount of time due to his injuries, One For All explaining to the prison guard how he sees, etc.

The One For All thing was a big cut, but the other two were at least mentioned in the mid-episode screen splash.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 32 of Vigilantes dropped. It's mostly setup though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nuebot posted:

I'm still going with black mist, powered up by Muscular's quirk and others. We even see him transporting other Nomu through his body!

The visual effect for the teleport looked the same as what AfO used to transport people during the VA raid arc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Clearly he just broke a piece of himself off like Naraku from InuYasha

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Did Aizawa just fight a pair of Kamen Riders?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kyte posted:

The visual effect for the teleport looked the same as what AfO used to transport people during the VA raid arc.

No it looked way different then that too. This things were actually coming out of High Ends Skin.

But Yeah I noticed they skipped some scenes. Like All for One going to prison and Hero Billboard JP.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

MonsterEnvy posted:

But Yeah I noticed they skipped some scenes. Like All for One going to prison

That was in the episode. Explaining how they keep him there and Stain's cameo were skipped.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Also, this amazing piece that left me laughing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did the goofy bonus comic get posted?

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/188/1/page/1

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Wanna see her face even more now.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

This is good, isn't it?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I can't wait until Endeavor discovers all the perks having a hole in his chest gives him:

1. Having an exhaust port to help regulate his body temp.
2. Since it looks like the hole is next to his lung, he can heat up the air as he pushes it out of the hole and propel himself, thus giving him mobility in the air.

Other than that, can someone help clarify something? All Might made his hero debut, what, 11 years ago when Deku was 4, is that right?