Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

An Apple Watch for £1.53 including post, oh boy!

I dashed into this listing because I was sure the watch part would be amazing.

You can probably download a watch face to make your real Apple Watch look like this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2588883138.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Horace posted:

An Apple Watch for £1.53 including post, oh boy!

I dashed into this listing because I was sure the watch part would be amazing.

You can probably download a watch face to make your real Apple Watch look like this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2588883138.html
That looks way cooler than the actual Apple watch, loving ordered.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sex Robot posted:

My mum got a surprise in the form of a big ol' pack of pusheen stickers today to put on her lists and paperwork and poo poo. A happy mum for 50p, can't complain.

noice

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

harry podder book pins

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

She was confused by some of the stickers and now doesn't understand why cat's with bread on their face is a thing.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Sex Robot posted:

and now doesn't understand why cat's with bread on their face is a thing.

Does anyone, really?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Couple of requests -

1 - Has anyone had any luck buying wool / cashmere, etc? My wife knits and wants to try some cheap wool from Ali, in case it's better than some of the cheap stuff we can get here

2 - I'm trying to buy some classic Wu-Tang t-shirts for my daughter, ideally for aged 2, 3 and 4 so she always has one for a while. It's incredibly difficult to find them, and when you do they're really expensive. I can't seem to find any on Ali express, but maybe someone else knows that magic search terms?

Cheers

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Highly recommend always upgrading to epacket delivery for an additional ~$1.80. Good way to get your stuff in 2 weeks instead of 8 for minimal cost.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Male Tears posted:

Highly recommend always upgrading to epacket delivery for an additional ~$1.80. Good way to get your stuff in 2 weeks instead of 8 for minimal cost.

Hell, a lot of the time it's only like thirty cents extra.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Let's start a small business!! We've got our location and our equipment, I think we're set

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Let's start a small business!! We've got our location and our equipment, I think we're set
Throw in the penis waffle maker.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Killingyouguy! posted:

I'm the ice cream cones that say McDonald's on the ice cream maker

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

Find me a 7-11 Slurpee maker now!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

mattfl posted:

Find me a 7-11 Slurpee maker now!

I've never actually had a slurpee but I think this looks right?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Amphigory posted:

Couple of requests -

2 - I'm trying to buy some classic Wu-Tang t-shirts for my daughter, ideally for aged 2, 3 and 4 so she always has one for a while. It's incredibly difficult to find them, and when you do they're really expensive. I can't seem to find any on Ali express, but maybe someone else knows that magic search terms?

Cheers

You'd probably have better luck using a print on demand site like redbubble.com. They have a lot of bootleg designs and you can get your chosen design printed on anything, I'm sure they do kids clothing.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

cyberia posted:

You'd probably have better luck using a print on demand site like redbubble.com. They have a lot of bootleg designs and you can get your chosen design printed on anything, I'm sure they do kids clothing.

They also now have A-line dresses. I have a few in my cart. But yes, they do have children's clothes. I think the artist has to choose which clothing you can put the design on.

If none of the artists have put up a WuTang design for children's shirts, the poster asking can set themselves up as an artist and print it from there.

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 20, 2018

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Amphigory posted:

Couple of requests -

1 - Has anyone had any luck buying wool / cashmere, etc? My wife knits and wants to try some cheap wool from Ali, in case it's better than some of the cheap stuff we can get here

Cheers

I feel like I remember someone else commenting at some point about yarn and stuff and said it was pretty hit or miss especially with color and quality of the spin? I might not be remembering correctly.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I haven't actually ordered any yarn, but I have a hard time imagining it would be better than Michaels-level yarn here. It's gonna be all acrylic either way. Imo the best cheap, washable yarn (in stores here) is Berroco Vintage, a wool/acrylic blend. If anyone has bought yarn on aliexpress, I'm curious, though.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

My 'walk home from gym' cap has gotten a bit manky, time for a new hat - what does Ali have for me?

:piss:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/hig...2817233845.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks all, for the advice on the Wu-Tang tee, I can honestly say I never thought of bootlegging it myself

Hopefully someone remembers the post about the wool at some point :)

(Sweet hat, NMN)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Are you a manchild? Need more suffering in your life? If so, 12oz Build-On Brick Mug Type Building Blocks Coffee Cup DIY Block Puzzle Mug Portable Drinkware Drinking Mug has got you covered.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...2587628788.html

It looks unpleasant to drink from. Uncomfortable to hold. Difficult to wash. The perfect gift!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

It looks unpleasant to drink from. Uncomfortable to hold. Difficult to wash. The perfect gift!

what is “my ex’s penis?” alex

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
except for that last part

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are you a manchild? Need more suffering in your life? If so, 12oz Build-On Brick Mug Type Building Blocks Coffee Cup DIY Block Puzzle Mug Portable Drinkware Drinking Mug has got you covered.

Honestly it seems fun but also seems like they took the first prototype and went with that without any revisions to the original model.

If they smoothed out the handle and instead of having “in” sides on the sides and instead only had “out” sides I would even consider it (not really because gently caress spending money on a cup but you know)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Furia posted:

gently caress spending money on a cup

That’s crazy

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

NoneMoreNegative posted:

My 'walk home from gym' cap has gotten a bit manky, time for a new hat - what does Ali have for me?

I was walking around Manhattan in 2014 and the streets were full of people selling this crap. Only place I’ve ever seen that style, which is a positive at least.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EL BROMANCE posted:

I was walking around Manhattan in 2014 and the streets were full of people selling this crap. Only place I’ve ever seen that style, which is a positive at least.

go to the fashionable areas in tokyo and seoul and you will see it plenty. Some of the k-pop boy bands wear those hats

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 23, 2018

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

That’s crazy

If I ever want to buy a cup for some reason I just wait until an uncreative coworker or family member feels compelled to give me one as a present or something

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Goddamnit! "Hot Chick in feather bikini and Thigh-highs poking a Swan" is taking for-loving-ever to work on. It will be hideous, though, since some of the bead colors their color matching program chose are unfortunate. The beaded version also includes jpeg artifacts!

I have to write a freebie review for this thing. Like, kinda in depth, according to the directions.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Aliexpress posted:

Note:
This product can withstand 100 degrees centigrade, but can not be put in microwave and dishwasher.
Please wash it by hand!

You'll be dead from flesh-eating bacteria within a week or two
It's the same reason you shouldn't 3d print cups and other food containers, all the cracks and crevices are great for trapping and growing bacteria

The only way it could be sort-of-safe is if you can autoclave it

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

r u ready to WALK posted:

You'll be dead from flesh-eating bacteria within a week or two
It's the same reason you shouldn't 3d print cups and other food containers, all the cracks and crevices are great for trapping and growing bacteria

So you're saying this is the perfect murder instrument, as long as you want to murder a quirky manchild?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Cool, with this you can be a JoJo Character.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

r u ready to WALK posted:

Alternatively, put pens in it and keep it away from your mouth altogether.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

subpar anachronism posted:

Thanks to whomever recommended the unlabeled ray-bans or whatever they were, the acetate sunglasses. Mine came and are quite nice and feel very solid.

That was me I think. I still have all three pairs and they're all in good shape. They might not be as good as the actual thing but they're certainly better than any $20 sunglasses I'd get here.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Snowy posted:

It’s hard to tell between a bunch of those, have you guys tried on raybans in person first or just going for it?

And thanks

I've owned actual raybans and the weight and everything feels the same to me.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Woden posted:

Speaking of packaging I love some of the ingenuity that goes into it with AE type stuff. A CPU in an envelope with a single stamp? Hell yeah. Meanwhile crap from elsewhere comes with cubic metres of bubble wrap and packing peanuts, all I think about when looking at it is yep, that's why it cost me $20 for the delivery.

I ordered a bunch of lab glassware and it came in a monstrosity made of insulation and packing tape.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

I got this for Father's Day and it isn't really good for drinking, but I keep pens in it on my desk at work and messing about with Lego while I'm on the phone is an adequate alternative to a fidget spinner or something.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I ordered a bunch of lab glassware and it came in a monstrosity made of insulation and packing tape.

i ordered a camera lens and it came in a tupperware container full of plastic bags and shredded newspaper, the whole thing entirely encased in packing tape.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
I mostly order from Banggood, and they always arrive in a padded plastic pouch with a few wraps of thin foam mat around the item, no matter what's inside.
Fine for small components or tools, but a flexible phone case arrived looking more like a pretzel. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A lot of my ebay stuff comes from India and is always in a cardboard box with a linen bag sewn around it.