Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

bell jar posted:

i think labor would have a much better shot at elections if shorten was out

I remember thinking "ah gently caress" when Abbot got rolled and there was a leak from the Labor party room that they would not roll shorten if and when they lost the immenent election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

gucci bane posted:

Is that why he sat on the lazard international advisory board for a decade

Here's my theory: they're inducing a bullshit non competition for leadership now to get it out of the way

Paul Keating thinks neoliberalism is bad aside from the aspects of it which allowed Paul Keating to make fat stacks

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

You Am I posted:

That's a bit of a "closing the gate after the horse has bolted" situation

Sure, but you don't see John Howard admitting in public "we shouldn't have sold everything and handed the profits to Boomers and corporations in tax cuts because it didn't work and tanked the future" or "fabricating news about kids being thrown from a boat to drum up racist sentiment towards immigrants was something I wish we hadn't done"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ewe2 posted:

Also I like sausages and bacon but I do make a mean Gujarati dal, and a cup and a half and a cup of rice can feed you for 3 days easily, see here. I add veges like sweet potato and finish off with lemon juice and sugar, cos that's how I like curries.

I'm not bothered by red meat being a potential carcinogen, what worries me is the supermarkets putting shitloads of sugar into sausages and other meat blends.

The last thing anyone in this country needs is more carbohydrates. Especially, hidden ones.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm not bothered by red meat being a potential carcinogen, what worries me is the supermarkets putting shitloads of sugar into sausages and other meat blends.

The last thing anyone in this country needs is more carbohydrates. Especially, hidden ones.

Imo they should start regulating this before we end up putting sugar in literally everything a la America (but cane sugar not corn syrup obvs)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Sure, but you don't see John Howard admitting in public "we shouldn't have sold everything and handed the profits to Boomers and corporations in tax cuts because it didn't work and tanked the future" or "fabricating news about kids being thrown from a boat to drum up racist sentiment towards immigrants was something I wish we hadn't done"

Who cares?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This thread is interesting because Twitter is all #libspill. It seems like one of the parties has so.ething going down and is trying to draw attention to the other.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Don't they already shove sugar in everything they can?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Why would you give a poo poo about whether or not the fucker feels bad about the policy, the problem is that there's the policy

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Jeeze I wish Howard would show some remorse about invading Iraq with the Coalition of the Willing and materially enforcing one million murders, that'd be good politics or some poo poo

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 23, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
good things howard did
gun control
power walks

bad things
power walks in team jerseys
everything else

Senor Tron posted:

This thread is interesting because Twitter is all #libspill. It seems like one of the parties has so.ething going down and is trying to draw attention to the other.

the only poo poo i see about labor leadership challenge is from christopher pyne

as for the liberals dutton was canvasing with his colleagues about turnbull being a disaster leading into the next election

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Dutton admitted The Boats never stopped coming.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/compassion-can-undo-efforts-against-people-smugglers-dutton

quote:

The boats are still coming and if the government were to relax its tough stance, such as by transferring refugees held on Manus and Nauru to the mainland, it would see the people-smuggling business restart, he told The Weekend Australian.

"We are in a danger phase because only a month ago we stopped a steel-hulled vessel with 131 people coming out of Sri Lanka, there aret...

The boats are there, we are scuttling boats, we are returning people and we are turning around boats where it is safe to do so. The boats haven't gone away and if there is a success defined by an arrival of a boat in Australia then the word will spread like wildfire."

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Very true, they're putting sugar in bottles of minced garlic for no reason I can figure. See also dubious claims of "no added sugar or salt". Avoid the honey sausages, its not honey.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

I'm so confused. I thought locking people up on torture islands stopped the boats, if the boats are still coming why are we still locking people up in vassal nations?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT A LIBERAL GOVERNMENT POLICY DOESN'T WORK!?!?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Konomex posted:

I'm so confused. I thought locking people up on torture islands stopped the boats, if the boats are still coming why are we still locking people up in vassal nations?

Racism.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Processed meat is a class A carcinoegen, which means it is known that it causes cancer.

Also the meat industry is inherently cruel and bad for the environment.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Chicken isn't that bad for the environment.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

:siren: DANGER PHASE :siren:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
With all the noise the National Party made of the plant mince, I went out of my way to buy it instead of normal mince.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Comstar posted:

With all the noise the National Party made of the plant mince, I went out of my way to buy it instead of normal mince.

Is it any good? I've been meaning to start adding that kind of food/more vegetarian stuff to my diet but the stores around me don't have much on them for that.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Comstar posted:

I eat a fair bit of Quorn and similar stuff but wouldn't have known about this without them kicking up a stink so have a packet sitting in my fridge now as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Apparently my street is now hooked up to the NBN and the node is probably 1km of cable distance away, even though they said it'd be FTTC.

"It can't be any worse than what we already have", my dad keeps saying. Yeah loving right.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

$8 for a small pack is pretty bourgie. I'll probably give it a miss for now, but if it leads some people to choose something other than meat, then good.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Zenithe posted:

$8 for a small pack is pretty bourgie. I'll probably give it a miss for now, but if it leads some people to choose something other than meat, then good.

It's part of the problem with the whole system - cheaply made, less healthy options are a lot cheaper than the quality stuff.

I remember doing a special diet through gym (they called it the leaning challenge, so it was a high fat low carb diet) and the requirements for seafood and stuff made my grocery bill go through the roof.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Apparently my street is now hooked up to the NBN and the node is probably 1km of cable distance away, even though they said it'd be FTTC.

"It can't be any worse than what we already have", my dad keeps saying. Yeah loving right.

Next time ask him if he thinks if "It can't be any worse than what we already have" is a good criteria to judge the quality of a $40+ billion project.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Konomex posted:

I am sending emails with this bastard rear end image attached

E: first page also, I was asking about what the navy did with the bodies they dredged up from the sea from boats they received distress signals from and intentionally let drown

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 24, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Lol there's a boomer dad with his lesbian daughter at Taco Bell and the daughter and her partner started kissing eachother in front of him and he has this extreme level of boomer disgust expression on his face.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Lol there's a boomer dad with his lesbian daughter at Taco Bell and the daughter and her partner started kissing eachother in front of him and he has this extreme level of boomer disgust expression on his face.

stop staring at people in public

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav posted:

at Taco Bell

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Delicious lovely taco bell

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

How is the US these days?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Anidav posted:

oh, so that's who was complaining about the couple kissing after the women's Origin game on Friday

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Box of Bunnies posted:

oh, so that's who was complaining about the couple kissing after the women's Origin game on Friday

A friend of mine is gay, plays Union, is Italian and her partner is from Fiji. It's like "things to piss off old fuckers" bingo

Oh, and they want to have a kid together :3:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

How is the US these days?

Its in Queensland.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1009993498949382144

Alice Workman
Matt Canavan's office has sent around a 13 page slide show called THE COAL ERA IS NOT OVER. This could have been what Tony Abbott was carrying around this week.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GoldStandardConure posted:

stop staring at people in public

They're nobodies. Stare at whatever who cares.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

JFC, this is correlation =/= causation dot jpg

Also I find it amazingly suspicious that only ~2% of people in east asia and the pacific are living in poverty.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

bandaid.friend posted:

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1009993498949382144

Alice Workman
Matt Canavan's office has sent around a 13 page slide show called THE COAL ERA IS NOT OVER. This could have been what Tony Abbott was carrying around this week.

Edit: me read graph good

The links to swimming pool deaths vs Nick cage movies in the thread are amazing

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

They're nobodies. Stare at whatever who cares.

you also stop it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GoldStandardConure posted:

you also stop it

*stares with disgust at your poasts*