Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We don't get good cheese curds here (more specifically southern US)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Le Cellier is where you take your meat and potatoes kinda people, Yachtsman is where you take the foodies who really like steak.

Why is there not a loving poutine cart in Canada? Come on, this should be easy.

This place is in disney springs and is supposed to be very good.

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/the-daily-poutine/

I saw it last time I was there but didn't try it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dren posted:

This place is in disney springs and is supposed to be very good.

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/the-daily-poutine/

I saw it last time I was there but didn't try it.

It's a favorite for me when I get in and I need to go buy 30c+ speedway gas. Because gosh it's just right there across from Disney Springs.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Cais posted:

I’m going Thursday and hoping they have the lunchbox open for us.

Lucky.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Jealous of my nephew, his other aunt and uncle invited him to a free trip on a Disney Alaskan cruise that they had paid for their friend who bailed out at the last minute. Currently helping my nephew rush his passport out as it starts in two weeks.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Alien swirling saucers is very much Mater’s junkyard jamboree and slinky dog is delightful and a blast.

Andy’s lunch box wasn’t open. The land is HOT. There is basically no shade and it’s all outdoors. Including the new toy story queue apparently.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
Footage of the new Incredicoaster is out and it looks like garbage.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Cais posted:

The land is HOT. There is basically no shade and it’s all outdoors. Including the new toy story queue apparently.

Well that sounds lovely...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Omne posted:

Well that sounds lovely...

What do you mean? Central FL heat index only got up to 109 today :suicide101:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
So you’re saying the newest item on the Lunchbox Menu is BBQ Tourist Sandwich for $9.89?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Our Fastpass window is coming up, which is all well and good, except we want to try to ride every ride in one operating day.

This is an interesting time to be planning such a thing; we'll be booking almost immediately after TSL opens, which doesn't leave a lot of time to get a feel for how badly the two new rides completely bone up wait times at the Studios. So let's spitball.

The largest pressures of the thing, near as I can tell: are/will be the three Toy Story Land Rides (probably, weirdly, with Toy Story Mania being the easiest of the three), the two Pandora rides, and the Main Street Vehicles. Assuming I'm remembering correctly - and someone yell at me if I'm not - the vehicles shut down around noon, which creates a unique time pressure. Common strategy was to start Pandora, burning through fastpasses there, hopping to MK, then picking up additional FP as possible.

That feels like the wrong option now. Is the answer to just start at Hollywood Studios and hope for the best whenever you can get to Animal Kingdom? It's possible Pandora passes will get marginally easier to come by, since they're no longer the "absolute must have" priority. Part of me wants to say this game is impossible, but people did this back when Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy were around. Surely a couple extra attractions balance out...and even if not, we'd like to give it the ole college try.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 25, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The answer would be start at Pandora but no fast passes. Then knock out the rest of the rides at AK. Use your fast passes for TSL because no matter what it’ll be busy.

But I think the people that did it never counted stuff like Main Street Vehicles.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

The answer would be start at Pandora but no fast passes. Then knock out the rest of the rides at AK. Use your fast passes for TSL because no matter what it’ll be busy.

But I think the people that did it never counted stuff like Main Street Vehicles.

I think the "official" list does include at least one Main Street Vehicle, which should make it incredibly hard because they're not running more often than not.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Star wars the void was great. Homecomin was also really good, glad i didnt drive after a couple moonshine drinks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kri kri posted:

Star wars the void was great. Homecomin was also really good, glad i didnt drive after a couple moonshine drinks.

Art Smith is great.

I went to Paddlefish yesterday. Solid seafood, though in terms of flavor it seems to be getting pushed aside by Art Smith and Morimoto nearby. They still make a good Old Fashioned. I also hit up The Edison again for drinks; I recommend Leather & Tweed for anyone who like smoky cocktails, as it combines smoky scotch with a sort of minty touch. They also have a selection of absinthe if you really want to go classic.

Enzo's Hideaway is probably my favorite spot for drinks and appetizers. Sit at the bar with some polpettine or suppli alla Romana and relax.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 25, 2018

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Isn't it technically impossible to do all of them right now due to Liberty Square riverboat being out of commission?

But knock yourself out - I like the logistics of doing everything in one day - just not sure if I'm game enough yet.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Play Disney Parks app is out, I looked at Hollywood Studios in the app. There are achievements for riding rides (you have to either fastpass it or leave location services + bluetooth on while you ride it). HS has achievements for Star Tours, Rockin' Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Slinky Dog Dash, and Midway Mania. There are games that activate based on location. There's a game for the Midway Mania queue and you can play the Slinky Dog Dash game anywhere in the park. There's a few trivia games you can play if you're not in the park.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Also some cute Easter eggs.

https://twitter.com/kryptonlogic/status/1012303172096942083

And in HS:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Yes the porg forest is delightful.

There are no ride achievements in Epcot or AK, surely these will be added later?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
What is the best way to check for park capacity closures? I want to stop in HS to buy Toy Story Land merch tomorrow but I don’t get in till the afternoon.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Saw pics of Toy Story land, and oh God, I thought the restaurant was gonna be indoors. Nothing like a gooey s'mores sandwich in the blazing humid sun.

Also it's gonna feel near 100degrees at times, this 4th of July week when I go to. Universal needs to make seasonal summer Harry Potter robes for the kids.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Quixotic1 posted:

Saw pics of Toy Story land, and oh God, I thought the restaurant was gonna be indoors. Nothing like a gooey s'mores sandwich in the blazing humid sun.

Also it's gonna feel near 100degrees at times, this 4th of July week when I go to. Universal needs to make seasonal summer Harry Potter robes for the kids.

Sounds like the budget cuts have hit TSL pretty drat hard. Good luck anyone going there this weekend.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Apparently they opened DHS early today. The Slinky Dog line was, at 300 minutes, through all of toy story land, through Pixar place, and also through part of the GMR queue. In fact, you got in line in front of the Chinese theater.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1013058350358126592?s=19

Past ABC Commissary now.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
God speed you crazy crazy people.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A friend of mine went today. She was the fifth person to arrive at 4:15 AM and was entering while the sky was still dark blue from the sun coming up.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Sure hope there's a FP line

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Friend went today, got there at 5am, and got on Slinky with only a 40 minute wait, and also did Aliens. Said the line was 3 hours by the time she was done. She loved Slinky.

Apparently the most interesting thing I learned from her is that if you're not in the TSL when your fastpass opens up, having a FP won't get you in the TSL, so you're going to lose it. And they are only letting people in as capacity allows, so there are going to be some annoyed people who lose their FP because they couldn't get into TSL in the first place, because they were still stuck in line to get in there.

Cast members want to confirm or deny on that? Reading on the disboards - they are saying FP gets you in, VIP tours, and DAS passes get you in, but that's it.

Anya fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 30, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Avatar worked the same way so I wouldn’t be surprised

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah fire code is fire code and they're pretty strict about things like that. Harry Potter/Hogsmeade had the same problems early on. We also had some crazy thunderstorms today so I can't imagine how much of a cluster it was there.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I walked through at 3:30ish after I bought my pins. No wait to get into the land at that time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apparently they're not even closing DHS. Just a 2 hour closure of Toy Story at 1:00 AM for maintenance, then it reopens at 3:00.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Since this is partially the New Developments in Disney Parks R&D, here's a thing that's been going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENa98h7M7qY

Probably not anywhere near done enough for, say, Galaxy's Edge. But for some sorta Superhero show a couple years down the line... idunno.

Also, some new artwork for Runaway Train.

Makes me think the ride is more of a layover than perhaps originally suspected. Just maybe with an automated (and shorter) train rather than one driven by a cast member, and definitely no live actors. Still interested to see how it works.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Apparently they're not even closing DHS. Just a 2 hour closure of Toy Story at 1:00 AM for maintenance, then it reopens at 3:00.

I send best wishes to anyone working that place this weekend.
Current wait times via the app are 180 for slinky and 50 for aliens.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anya posted:

I send best wishes to anyone working that place this weekend.

My thoughts as well. Those poor, poor CPs.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Rope dropped HS and it’s a lot of people but doesn’t look insane yet. They are holding us at prospect ave.

In line at SDD and the trains are running with no riders.

Edit- I arrived at 615 and got done with all 3 rides at 930. SDD was fun, haters vacate

kri kri fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 1, 2018

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 1, 2018

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
No ring.

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/1013535681799507968

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

My favorite part of this is thinking about how completely wrecked the park is going to get by Galaxy's Edge.

They opened at 6 and ran for 22 hours to help alleviate Toy Story Land crowds. If my math is right, if they start running 24/7 starting...a week ago people should be able to enter and exit the land freely by Summer 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Boxman posted:

My favorite part of this is thinking about how completely wrecked the park is going to get by Galaxy's Edge.

My estimate for where the line to get into Hollywood Studios will end once it opens in Florida.

I'm pretty sure Anaheim's will cross international borders.