Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jose posted:

i have a pm containing a goons intentionally prolapsed anus and some sounding pictures as well i can share if you or anyone else is curious just how bad they are

the prolapse peddler ._.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Kurtofan posted:

I think he's talking about the pundits being idiots about it

A third option!

You're probably right. I hadn't thought that side out.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Soulex posted:

So you're embarrassed because he's not ethnically Swiss or because he is celebrating his heritage against a nation that was extremely violent towards his family?

No, I’m embarrassed by Swiss football culture and Swiss culture in general having trouble with simple concepts like hybrid identities, dual citizenship and the like.
I mean, just to give you an example of the reactions here, the Swiss pundits on TV didn’t condemn the double eagle gesture because it‘s a manifestation of a stupid sentiment - nationalism -, they condemned it because they would’ve preferred it if Xhaka and Shaqiri had made a different gesture, a „Swiss cross“ (there is no such gesture but whatever). That’s just dumb, they should either accept that the two players have complex plural identities or condemn nationalist semiotics altogether.

The Germans have a similar problem - when Müller plays like utter dogshit, nobody really cares, when Özil makes his stupid face and plays badly, everyone goes omg maybe he’s actually Turkish and I’ve always said it’s weird that he doesn’t sing the national anthem like WHERE DO HIS ACTUAL
LOYALTIES LIE???? HUH???

Just dumb tribalism and stoking the fear of the OTHER. Sorry I wasn’t clearer before.

Wengy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 22, 2018

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Shaqiri should denounce the KLA imo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I appreciate effort posts like this. Interesting stuff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wengy posted:

No, I’m embarrassed by Swiss football culture and Swiss culture in general having trouble with simple concepts like hybrid identities, dual citizenship and the like.
I mean, just to give you an example of the reactions here, the Swiss pundits on TV didn’t condemn the double eagle gesture because it‘s a manifestation of a stupid sentiment - nationalism -, they condemned it because they would’ve preferred it if Xhaka and Shaqiri had made a different gesture, a „Swiss cross“ (there is no such gesture but whatever). That’s just dumb, they should either accept that the two players have complex plural identities or condemn nationalist semiotics altogether.

The Germans have a similar problem - when Müller plays like utter dogshit, nobody really cares, when Özil makes his stupid face and plays badly, everyone goes omg maybe he’s actually Turkish and I’ve always said it’s weird that he doesn’t sing the national anthem like WHERE DO HIS ACTUAL
LOYALTIES LIE???? HUH???

Just dumb tribalism and stoking the fear of the OTHER. Sorry I wasn’t clearer before.

You're right and I was wrong to assume otherwise. I completely understand the sentiment. Nationalism is a plague and affects many cultures. I loving hate that people confuse patriotism with nationalism.

I totally get it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Soulex posted:

You're right and I was wrong to assume otherwise. I completely understand the sentiment. Nationalism is a plague and affects many cultures. I loving hate that people confuse patriotism with nationalism.

I totally get it.

Do you really?

Every time you see the word Albania you freak the gently caress out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Because what usually follows is some bullshit stereotype. Or something racist.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 23, 2018

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Man Serbia got hosed over, how did the ref not check VAR for that penalty claim during the corner kick? As blatant a penalty as it gets

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Soulex posted:

Nationalism is a plague
:hai:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wengy posted:

LOYALTIES LIE???? HUH???

I'm a Swiss with dual citizenship and I approve this message.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
When I score for Holland I will make the gesture of the Swiss cross

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Not a nice day to be Serbian.
I feel like if my country had more money and didn't recently end up on the wrong end of a few wars we'd probably have gotten a penalty kick for that wrestling match... Disgraceful.

I don't care what your politics are, leave them outside the pitch this isn't acceptable behavior. If team USA did a Hail Trump ya'll wouldn't say poo poo but you love that Albanian Eagle just to rub salt into a sensitive subject.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Kraftwerk posted:

I don't care what your politics are, leave them outside the pitch this isn't acceptable behavior.

Kraftwerk posted:

I feel like if my country had more money and didn't recently end up on the wrong end of a few wars we'd probably have gotten a penalty kick for that wrestling match... Disgraceful.
:thunk:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Kraftwerk posted:

I don't care what your politics are, leave them outside the pitch this isn't acceptable behavior. If team USA did a Hail Trump ya'll wouldn't say poo poo but you love that Albanian Eagle just to rub salt into a sensitive subject.

Maybe shoulda won those wars

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Kraftwerk posted:

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

What's your point? Gotta hold the players to a higher standard than the fans. If the Serbian players were waving 3 fingers around I'd be equally disappointed. Not to mention the Albanians were playing for the Swiss team yet it seemed like they were more interested in scoring the goal for Albania/Kosovo than they were for the nation they were representing.
Even if you hate Serbia you should not be cheering on the bad ref calls and behavior of the swiss players because when it happens to your team and the ref doesn't call it you're gonna be the one sitting in my position.

Kraftwerk fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 23, 2018

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
well FIFA is investigating the players for making birdy signs and not the fans wearing shirts featuring a genocidal maniac, so there you go

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Kraftwerk posted:

I see your point op and it’s reasonable. However we in England we won all the important wars and the reffing is still terrible, maybe FIFA was rooting for the other side

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kraftwerk posted:

I think you grossly underestimate my utter loving hatred for trump. I kneel at loving sports games, I protest, and also shut the gently caress up. Last I recall Serbia did the whole genocide thing, with mass graves. I know people personally affected by the bullshit Serbia did. You're like Israel shooting Palestinians going "BUT THEY'RE MUSLIM!"

You want acceptable behavior? Try not chanting regionally discriminatory remarks during the game. What the gently caress did you think was going to happen?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Soulex posted:

I think you grossly underestimate my utter loving hatred for trump. I kneel at loving sports games, I protest, and also shut the gently caress up. Last I recall Serbia did the whole genocide thing, with mass graves. I know people personally affected by the bullshit Serbia did. You're like Israel shooting Palestinians going "BUT THEY'RE MUSLIM!"

You want acceptable behavior? Try not chanting regionally discriminatory remarks during the game. What the gently caress did you think was going to happen?
Sir this is an Arby's

KLA committed lots of ethnic cleansing and atrocities too and organ theft. Bad poo poo for sure. But back to the point, It was wrong what the swiss players did, and they should get suspended like Simunic had his career ended for saying za dom spremni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Sir this is an Arby's

KLA committed lots of ethnic cleansing and atrocities too and organ theft. Bad poo poo for sure. But back to the point, It was wrong what the swiss players did, and they should get suspended like Simunic had his career ended for saying za dom spremni

This is true, but no where near the levels of the other side. Serbia displaced 90% of Kosovo. KLA isn't guilt free, and they did some hosed up poo poo too. IIRC, a lot of the KLA brought up on charges were much later or ended up with charges dropped. I'm not going to paint them in a positive light by saying it's ok because they were being oppressed and invaded. War crimes aren't ok regardless of what side you're on.

Xhaka's father was held as a political prisoner for 3 1/2 years. The conflict happened 20 years ago, and backlash is going to continue to happen. This is akin to them taking a knee, yet we want to assume that footballers all have backgrounds that are politically neutral. They aren't allowed to be real people, just signs and symbols that represent the ideals of a corporation that employs them.

This might be a different story from your side, and I respect that. I may not understand it but I respect it.

They have a different story too.

• Locked thread