Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The 173d jump is probably one of the funniest jokes of OIF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm real proud of my unit's history o7

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Entitlement is a liberal concept nowadays. Dude was super condescending to left ideas and mostly liked to own people over guns and low taxes. At least they’re internally consistent about denying poor people welfare since they won’t even accept it themselves (that would require them to admit that THEY are poor). The army echo chamber leans mostly to the right and legit the dude probably was not actually considering that those benefits are for him. Like dude you’re not getting 70% for ‘ptsd’ like that one scammer, you are actually loving broken. Please go get looked at and don’t let your problems get worse! 30% qualifies you for rehab, the greatest flavor or welfare queen education benefits. It’s such a great benefit and people are too proud to accept them. :argh:

Here's how I sometimes get through to guys like that:

1. You signed a contract with the American people
2. That contract said that you would be prepared, even if it never happens, to go fight and die for the American people.
3. And in return for that service you will be compensated with education/disability/employment benefits.

And then I follow up with the fact that just being prepared to go do military things (even if you never even go to war!) will wear your body down. You absolutely earned the benefits.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm rated 70% PTSD and I'm pretty sure I'm not faking. I'm also not emotionally stable, suffer panic attacks and other fun bullshit.

The problem is even after you earn your benefits, the VA can still be like "nope!" As literally every veteran in here can attest.

We're being cringy? You're acting like the single soldier in the barracks wondering why everyone is making fun of him for marrying that stripper and buying that expensive truck that costs 500 a month. You have to understand that you might be wrong in this situation.

What the gently caress is cringy about caring for your health and future?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

What the gently caress is cringy about caring for your health and future?

Being charitable as gently caress, I'd have to say it's either a sense of just wanting to be independent. Or maybe not wanting to take it from others.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Cringy is the forum stalking, I do not mind the other stuff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I get that, and I know it feels weird when someone cares about you that you didn't expect.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

That's kinda what they do here. Wait until you see your face as Buzz's Girlfriend.

Woof.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm posting this meme because I've been kicked out of an applebee's before (with my Soldiers)

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I happened to see your post in the AI thread, because I have the stupid thing bookmarked.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

spacetoaster posted:

I'm posting this meme because I've been kicked out of an applebee's before

family_day.jpg

It's almost nostalgic every family day, watching the younger dudes getting poo poo-housed in record time, someone passing out in a bathroom, two or more joes and janes getting handsy with each other thinking no one notices, senior NCOs giving bad life advice, a drunken reenlistment proposal, senior NCOs and joes and janes hooking up building camaraderie.

Post your favorite family day memories here.

Mine is watching my BC visibly uncomfortable with our openly gay soldiers holding hands (in civilians) with their boyfriends.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 23, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It isn't stalking when you reg under your drat name and post photos with the loving tape confirming said name and provide details re every step of your service career to a public forum

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I'm posting this meme because I've been kicked out of an applebee's before (with my Soldiers)

Mine happened whenever we got back from Iraq. 15 months and we came back to a dry loving county. So we go to Applebees. With 1 hour left before they close. So we power drink. I'm trying to gently caress this thick rear end bartender who is an admitted ex-stripper. She gets us a few more drinks when last call comes. My friend has been walking around trying to get people to slap him. Only the waitresses. Like being a real creep about it. The bartender tells me that her manager is getting weirded out by him so I tell at him to come over and that I'll slap him. He excitedly agrees and giggles and skips over. As soon as he gets within arms reach I full stretch slap the gently caress out of him. He falls on his rear end but doesn't go out. He is clearly dazed, but starts laughing a few seconds after and claims that it was awesome. Manager comes over and asks us to leave.

That was the second time. I'm corporate banned from working at Applebees ever again.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I wasn’t talking about you by the way soulex:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.military.com/daily-news/2017/06/08/some-vets-with-ptsd-are-scamming-va-testimony.html/amp

I couldn’t find it but there was a recent video with senator duckworth going to town on a dude for obvious fraud. A choice lol from that article btw:

Then there is politics. "In order for soldiers to avoid something called 'moral injury,' they have to believe they are fighting for a just cause, and that just cause can only reside in a nation that truly believes in itself as an enduring entity," Junger said.

"When it became fashionable after the election for some of my fellow Democrats to declare that Donald Trump was 'not their president,' they put all of our soldiers at risk of moral injury," he said.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I can safely say that being a member or the armed forces on active duty under Donald Trump has had a severely negative impact on my mental health, to the point where I have sought psychological advice and help, so loving whatever.

Edit: and as a fellow paratrooper, that dude should never jump again and just take care of his loving body. The army won't let you do 20 years in a wheelchair.

Double edit: ^^^I think this is the video you were referring to.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 23, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Duckworth owns rule. I hope she gets to pilot an Arwing in the space force with her robot legs

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Duckworth owns rule. I hope she gets to pilot an Arwing in the space force with her robot legs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i would play a starfox/metal wolf chaos crossover with her as the main character.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A Bad Poster posted:

I can safely say that being a member or the armed forces on active duty under Donald Trump

My retirement certificate will be signed by him. :smugdon:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

spacetoaster posted:

My retirement certificate will be signed by him. :smugdon:

Me too :smithicide:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I got Barry, swish.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

i cant wait to marry a stripper from fayetteville to start my new career as a 82nd airborne infantry officer

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

idgi, when did this happen

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

That's not stalking, it's clicking a single button. Are you this dumb everywhere?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

We noticed his forums name was the same as his last name when he posted pics of himself with his loving Name Tape. You know, stalking.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Carteret posted:

We noticed his forums name was the same as his last name when he posted pics of himself with his loving Name Tape. You know, stalking.

oh that was it? haahahahha loving moron

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Lol why the hell would I care about that. I use my name. Nevermind.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Lol why the hell would I care about that. I use my name. Nevermind.

Outside of the poo poo give-and-take that happens among users on SA, remember that this place has gotten raided several times by outsiders either reading while the paywall was down or by people simply registering an account and gathering information and that resulted in multiple personal information exposures which led to harassment.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRBORNE

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Midjack posted:

personal information exposures which led to harassment.

The worst one, that I'm aware of, was lowtax's kid's school getting a fake call about him abusing kids.

Were there others?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Who was the officer who posted pictures of his trench feet after a very wet ruck march and then had to vanish off of the forums because his COC found out?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

Were there others?

Yes, several. Some very legit and probably for the best, others just people being assholes for petty reasons.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Aranan posted:

Who was the officer who posted pictures of his trench feet after a very wet ruck march and then had to vanish off of the forums because his COC found out?

Martello.

Also did a memorandum banning high and tights and frequently submitted stuff in Creative Convention.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you post a picture with your nametape entirely visible to a forum fill of current and former military members I don't know what you would expect could happen. It seems...unwise.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've been doxxed twice.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I self-doxx periodically to stay one step ahead.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I've always wondered what real damage could come from some nerd knowing our real names, etc.

Then I see those swatting videos. :stonk:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

The worst one, that I'm aware of, was lowtax's kid's school getting a fake call about him abusing kids.

Were there others?

somethingsensitive has done it to a bunch of mods, admins, and prominent posters and a whole lot of people got their poo poo exposed when kiwifarms came after this place a couple of years ago.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There's a reason the LGBT-friendly forum moves around often, too. A lot of people that I know have been personally doxxed, had employers harassed, etc.

Take the stereotypical goon, have them be banned from their hovel, and watch how the REEEEEEEEEEact back at their perceived aggressors. It's sad, but with real consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

redneck nazgul posted:

Martello.

Also did a memorandum banning high and tights and frequently submitted stuff in Creative Convention.

Somehow I missed the memorandum part. What a champ.

:patriot: