Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All BBQ is awesome. Some is just less awesome than others. Anything cooked for a really long time is usually going to be one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

slinkimalinki posted:

Ah, the ham cannibal thread.

lol I forgot about that dumb poo poo

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Funxion posted:

What was this thread about again?

how pineapple pizza is the best sandwich

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I like buffalo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

More like The Carnivorous Rhino

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Solice Kirsk posted:

All BBQ is awesome. Some is just less awesome than others. Anything cooked for a really long time is usually going to be one of my favorites.

There's a guy on pbs who just does bbq and drat he really into BBQs

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

eating meat is great.

e: no sarcasm, I just love meat!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Funxion posted:

What was this thread about again?

chili with well-done steak and circumcised beans

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Beans in chili is fine in moderation. Like you should get 1 bean per 2-3 spoonfuls.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

eating meat is great.

e: no sarcasm, I just love meat!

You truly take after your mom

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

I doubt it, considering I never set foot in LF.

He might have posted it in GBS but I’m pretty certain it was one of his. Fish Steer a Dhow / Fall Sick and Die. The same poster who made this wonderful amazing thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3078231

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm looking for something, and I'm putting all the "lost stuff" threads I can find on this one, cause I've had it in my head for years and it never popped up again. I'm not even very sure it was originally a SA thing, but I strongly associate it with this place so I might as well give it a try. It's a cute story about a guy who discovers a civilization of sentient mice in his basement. He kinda helps them along but keeps them a secret from his wife. One day she discovers them on their own and it turns out she's just as enchanted as he is, and they look after the mice together. There's no dark twist or downer ending (the way I remember it, anyway :ohdear:), they just end up living in that house all their lives and become this mouse tribe's guardians over several of their generations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bobby Digital posted:

You truly take after your mom

Spoken like a true veggie patty enthusiast

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm looking for something, and I'm putting all the "lost stuff" threads I can find on this one, cause I've had it in my head for years and it never popped up again. I'm not even very sure it was originally a SA thing, but I strongly associate it with this place so I might as well give it a try. It's a cute story about a guy who discovers a civilization of sentient mice in his basement. He kinda helps them along but keeps them a secret from his wife. One day she discovers them on their own and it turns out she's just as enchanted as he is, and they look after the mice together. There's no dark twist or downer ending (the way I remember it, anyway :ohdear:), they just end up living in that house all their lives and become this mouse tribe's guardians over several of their generations.

I hope you find it and share it, that sounds amazing

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know I've read it before but I had no luck searching for "mouse friends", which I remember being a phrase that was used a lot.

But my memory also sucks, so maybe it wasn't?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wet is better than dry. Beef is better than pork. Texas BBQ is the worst of the Big Three styles.

The first two opinions do not gel with the last one here

Beef brisket with a fuckton of BBQ sauce all over it is like, the quintessential Texas BBQ

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The first two opinions do not gel with the last one here

Beef brisket with a fuckton of BBQ sauce all over it is like, the quintessential Texas BBQ

So basically you want the sauce and no BBQ?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

marktheando posted:

He might have posted it in GBS but I’m pretty certain it was one of his. Fish Steer a Dhow / Fall Sick and Die. The same poster who made this wonderful amazing thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3078231

ok, I'm reading this, and GBS from 09 seems to be almost exactly the way it is now. wasn't 09 back when SA was huge and thriving? We can't say that GBS 2.0 killed SA if modern GBS is almost exactly as toxic as it was back when things were great for the site.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Odddzy posted:

So basically you want the sauce and no BBQ?

It's not necessarily my preference, I'm a pulled pork guy and dry rub can be amazing on that, but it's a little weird that someone who prefers wet BBQ and beef over pork would dislike Texas BBQ

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Latawnya the naughty horse

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

RFC2324 posted:

ok, I'm reading this, and GBS from 09 seems to be almost exactly the way it is now. wasn't 09 back when SA was huge and thriving? We can't say that GBS 2.0 killed SA if modern GBS is almost exactly as toxic as it was back when things were great for the site.

I'm sure someone has that graph handy that shows new registrations drop off a cliff directly after GBS 2.0, it was already on a slow downward trend but 2.0 was the nail in the coffin

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Booourns posted:

I'm sure someone has that graph handy that shows new registrations drop off a cliff directly after GBS 2.0, it was already on a slow downward trend but 2.0 was the nail in the coffin

Having posted here before 2.0, but only a year or 2 before that(I can never remember exactly when the change happened) I'm inclined to say that the mods drove off the good posters before that with things like banning for poor punctuation and grammar, then GBS 2.0 drove off the people who thought that having GBS overly rule bound(and hive mind oriented) was a good thing.

That GBS immediately prior to the bloody halloween nearly drove me off the site. It was pretty bad.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

RFC2324 posted:

Having posted here before 2.0, but only a year or 2 before that(I can never remember exactly when the change happened) I'm inclined to say that the mods drove off the good posters before that with things like banning for poor punctuation and grammar, then GBS 2.0 drove off the people who thought that having GBS overly rule bound(and hive mind oriented) was a good thing.

That GBS immediately prior to the bloody halloween nearly drove me off the site. It was pretty bad.

I agree that things probably needed to be shaken up, but I think Gbs2.0 was too much. Letting people go haywire for a day or a week is one thing, but permanently doing away with all rules in GBS was an invitation for disaster.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I can't believe old GBS was doing all that well though. From what I remember, most threads were links to sensationalised news stories followed by pages of furious third world maoism.

I mean whatever your opinions are that doesn't appeal to the general public.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

sweet geek swag posted:

I agree that things probably needed to be shaken up, but I think Gbs2.0 was too much. Letting people go haywire for a day or a week is one thing, but permanently doing away with all rules in GBS was an invitation for disaster.

Yeah, I saw the announcement that the rules were going away, and I assumed it would be for a week or a month, tops. It lasted for what, a year? before they started enforcing some rules again.

Strategic Tea posted:

I can't believe old GBS was doing all that well though. From what I remember, most threads were links to sensationalised news stories followed by pages of furious third world maoism.

I mean whatever your opinions are that doesn't appeal to the general public.

Or even most of the people who post on a comedy forum.

Millennials ruin everything :v:

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Are you sure it wasn't ants? I remember one about a goon who, as a child, did a murder on his brother to preserve an ant colony by their driveway and then eventually moved them to an abandoned farm and found a wife who loved the ants. Is there a reason you of all people would be thinking of it as mice and not ants?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NLJP posted:

Latawnya the naughty horse

gently caress

takes me back!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not Evans posted:

Is there a reason you of all people would be thinking of it as mice and not ants?
nice one

I'm pretty certain on the mice, though, cause it was a cute story and ants aren't as cute as mice. Plus they're plenty smart enough as it is and build some pretty complex stuff, but it's the creepy sort of insect intelligence that if you did allow it to build a city behind your furnace you'd end up as a living mushroom farm.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've mentioned before that basically SA's moderation swinging between one political/ideological extreme to the other at various points has pretty much driven off every kind of rego you can imagine at some point or another.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

is this idiocy an sa saga?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR0SCOj57sY

anyway it has its moments

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

is this idiocy an sa saga?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR0SCOj57sY

anyway it has its moments

"anyway" = my premise is dogshit & I know it /
"has it's moments" = I love this video and it's extremely my poo poo

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Some SAclopedia entries tell an entire story in two posts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's not necessarily my preference, I'm a pulled pork guy and dry rub can be amazing on that, but it's a little weird that someone who prefers wet BBQ and beef over pork would dislike Texas BBQ

The majority of Texas BBQ I've had have been dry. I put those things in the list of importance to my BBQ enjoyment, not necessarily all of them have to happen for me to like BBQ. In fact I love pretty much all BBQ, those are just my current likes. Kansas City style BBQ is my current favorite. Beef ribs are my current favorite BBQ thing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Drowning in sauce isn't the same thing as being moist.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Who What Now posted:

if the meat is dried out, its bad BBQ no matter what kind it is.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Who What Now posted:

But enough about your mother,

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

The majority of Texas BBQ I've had have been dry. I put those things in the list of importance to my BBQ enjoyment, not necessarily all of them have to happen for me to like BBQ. In fact I love pretty much all BBQ, those are just my current likes. Kansas City style BBQ is my current favorite. Beef ribs are my current favorite BBQ thing.

Apology accepted.

There is some very good BBQ places in Texas, of all styles, but still mostly brisket

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I prefer barbecue to BBQ.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

I like brooklyn meal of sadness that shouldn't be called barbecue bbq :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!