Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol the owner was going to but all the staff wanted her removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
i was just listening to npr this morning, i think it was this american life but i got in the car about halfway through so i'm not sure

anyway, listening to this story about a dude in NY-19 trying to run as a progressive and the DNC and DCCC just totally dicking him around basically loving infuriated me and i just thought i'd share that

the rich have so thoroughly and totally hosed over this country lol

we're so goddamned screwed and the democrats will never change because they're run by the same lead-brained bootlickers as the gop

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dems afraid they'll be banned from Waffle House

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Daou will be with Harris in the primaries.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BUSH 2112 posted:

i was just listening to npr this morning, i think it was this american life but i got in the car about halfway through so i'm not sure

anyway, listening to this story about a dude in NY-19 trying to run as a progressive and the DNC and DCCC just totally dicking him around basically loving infuriated me and i just thought i'd share that

the rich have so thoroughly and totally hosed over this country lol

we're so goddamned screwed and the democrats will never change because they're run by the same lead-brained bootlickers as the gop

Remember how certain Hillfolk lectured us on how if progressives want to change things they should run for office?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/1010917905586970625

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

A blue plate special: milk and toast

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This loving party is full of bitch-made dickheads.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

This loving party is full of bitch-made dickheads.

Treating MAGA chuds with kid gloves just so they can claim the "moral" decorum high ground.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Matt Zerella posted:

Daou will be with Harris in the primaries.

And if you don't call her a progressive you're a loving racist

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
oh my god the decorum is spreading https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/1010917905586970625?s=21

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

David assholerod

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This hilarious given how the GOP did the same thing especially the whole keep nasty gays out of your business for moral reasons.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Still remember back in the primaries, criticizing this guy was the equivalent of undoing the entire Civil Rights Act.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who is David Axelrod again

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Obama's 2008 campaign mastermind.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

chief political strategist for obama in 08 and 12. hes not dumb or anything but a firm lib. smarter than anyone involved in the clinton campaign tbh

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

Hillary was the most unelectable candidate of all time let’s not kid ourselves here

George McGovern lost to Nixon in 1972 almost 2-1 in the popular vote, losing every state except Massachusetts and DC in the EC.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1010933806055022592

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

George McGovern lost to Nixon in 1972 almost 2-1 in the popular vote, losing every state except Massachusetts and DC in the EC.

hillary would have done worse against nixon before watergate

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

How many people on the Hillary campaign do you think by election day had already written the first chapter of a book called something like "Competence Into Excellence: My Time in the Clinton White House"

Nah they hadn't actually written poo poo because writing is hard and they were nothing talentless sycophants. Plus the book deals hadn't officially begun yet so the ghost writer's hadn't started yet.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
nixon was also a former vice president and not a literal tv clown

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The schizophrenic dude was still a better VP pick than Tim Kaine.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

nixon was a popular president running for reelection and a genius politician who basically built the modern culture war in his campaigns

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

boooooooo

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1010926776728473600?s=21

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

chief political strategist for obama in 08 and 12. hes not dumb or anything but a firm lib. smarter than anyone involved in the clinton campaign tbh

reminder that mook worked for the tories in the 2017 election and also on the failed italian referendum

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Probably Magic posted:

The schizophrenic dude was still a better VP pick than Tim Kaine.

Tom Eagleton lol

also George Meany endorsed Nixon

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:allears:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

this was literally just schatz' rear end in a top hat response god loving A

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ah, now I see why wj endorsed him today

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

Tom Eagleton lol

also George Meany endorsed Nixon

yeah nixon very successfully destroyed the new deal coalition and left us with this mess

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Looking forward to hearing the self-styled Bernie fans who are also way more radical than him try to square that circle.

Although I wish they could just collectively declare that they were merely inspired by him and untether themselves from him as an individual.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

watched the actual video and it just seems like he avoids the question tbh. considering the strength behind it now i expect he'll fall into the lefts general line.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Looking forward to hearing the self-styled Bernie fans who are also way more radical than him try to square that circle.

Although I wish they could just collectively declare that they were merely inspired by him and untether themselves from him as an individual.

:thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Won't matter, if enough momentum gets built to destroy ICE then it'll happen regardless if Bernie supports it or not

Push policies, not politicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

bernie was always the compromise candidate

• Locked thread