Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Oxxidation posted:

overriding is part of her skill tree, you pick up the skills as you go on

also my most reliable way for taking down Glinthawks consisted of tethering them and then beating them to death with a big stick, since actually trying to shoot one down just led to me getting munched on from their more terrestrial helpers

I need like an ultra :doh: emote for BOTH of these very obvious things. I didn't even loving THINK of tethering them down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macaluso posted:

How on earth do I learn how to override machines beyond the rideable ones and the watchers? Aloy will say something to the effect of "I bet I can override them... I just have to learn how" but I don't know what I have to do to learn how. Can any machine be overridden? Can I override one of the birds??

You unlock new Overrides by beating the Cauldron dungeons

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ElwoodCuse posted:

When did Mary Sue go from being "self insertion of the author" to "exceptionally competent woman"

As soon as the term moved past books with a singular author

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You unlock new Overrides by beating the Cauldron dungeons

Huh I had to go look up what those were. I haven't even gone over to those things on the map

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Huh I had to go look up what those were. I haven't even gone over to those things on the map

the map doesn't really open up until you progress past that narrow checkpoint in the center, so don't stress it too much

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I honestly liked that NPCs thought Aloy was the most badass ever for what she did, unlike Nathan Drake or Lara or Joel who each individually set world records for kills in a couple of days

Closet comparison to Aloy would be snake in the metal gears , honestly. Everyone's like yeah you rule and you're going in solo and that's that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Macaluso posted:

How on earth do I learn how to override machines beyond the rideable ones and the watchers? Aloy will say something to the effect of "I bet I can override them... I just have to learn how" but I don't know what I have to do to learn how. Can any machine be overridden? Can I override one of the birds??

You have to do a dungeon to get more robots unlocked before you can override them. I think they're called Cauldrons?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RareAcumen posted:

You have to do a dungeon to get more robots unlocked before you can override them. I think they're called Cauldrons?

Yeah. When cauldrons are revealed on the map b-line for them asap doing whatever on the way.

Those curated linear levels are my favorite part of the game. Really well done.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Housh posted:

Must be the RAGE team. :rolleye:

I think the problems were only in the Foundry stage. I found a bunch of people showing they were getting stuck there too. I'm much further in the game and enjoying it without issue.

Well, that was Carmack

Also Rage was good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only thing I thought was a bit much was the DLC arc.

“I have to get through this door, can you let me in?”

“Sorry, only the chief of the tribe may open this door. “

*becomes chief of the tribe*

Now will you let me in?”

“...ok.”

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I honestly liked that NPCs thought Aloy was the most badass ever for what she did, unlike Nathan Drake or Lara or Joel who each individually set world records for kills in a couple of days

Closet comparison to Aloy would be snake in the metal gears , honestly. Everyone's like yeah you rule and you're going in solo and that's that

aloy would be vastly improved if she tried to eat every new robo-dino she encountered

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Well, that was Carmack

Also Rage was good.
I must have an id software curse because upon installing the first RAGE on my 360, it gave it the red ring of death. Maybe the tight code murders all my systems. Anyways, I'm enjoying the humour in DOOM.

Should I bother even taking a peak at the multiplayer?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

a7m2 posted:

I'm looking for an "immersive" game. Maybe an RPG or something, but another genre is fine too. Any suggestions? If it's on sale even better. (I already have the thread regulars P5, Yakuza 0, H:ZD, Bloodborne, etc).

Prey.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think Alien isolation is on sale for like 5 bux and it's really good.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I think Alien isolation is on sale for like 5 bux and it's really good.

Its 9 or 12 for the "collection" is that work it? The $3 extra?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I just got two power cells. I got the one on top of the skyscraper (thanks thread) and then the other in some room near where the big deactivated spider metal gear robot is. Turns out I still need 3 more. Am I still on track for 3 more in the future or did I miss others? By that I mean, are the two I found so far the first two in the progression order?

Here's a pretty picture I just took

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Macaluso posted:

So I just got two power cells. I got the one on top of the skyscraper (thanks thread) and then the other in some room near where the big deactivated spider metal gear robot is. Turns out I still need 3 more. Am I still on track for 3 more in the future or did I miss others? By that I mean, are the two I found so far the first two in the progression order?

You've missed one, possibly two by this point but the final power cell cannot be obtained until much, much later in the story anyway. If you don't have 5/5 by the time The Mountain That Fell is over, then just look up a guide for the remaining cells. None of the others will take very long to get to with fast travel.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Time to google. But they are pretty easy to get back to besides the skyscraper you got. Just play til you get the last one then google.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Got mad at the telephone club minigame and beat yak0. Having ten days off work lined up perfectly with that game, I beat it 10x as fast as anything else I've played in years

I don't really get why majima has so many weapons and armors, I guess on legendary it matters? It's just odd but it's not like this game doesn't like to have overwhelming variety

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You've missed one, possibly two by this point but the final power cell cannot be obtained until much, much later in the story anyway. If you don't have 5/5 by the time The Mountain That Fell is over, then just look up a guide for the remaining cells. None of the others will take very long to get to with fast travel.

Bombadilillo posted:

Time to google. But they are pretty easy to get back to besides the skyscraper you got. Just play til you get the last one then google.

Cool thanks folks :)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

mastershakeman posted:

Got mad at the telephone club minigame and beat yak0. Having ten days off work lined up perfectly with that game, I beat it 10x as fast as anything else I've played in years
Trying to aim at zigzagging targets while dialing a wobbly rotary phone, while very abstract, somehow magically captures the frustration of being a desperate adolescent

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Man, Crew 2's steering wheel support is some hot garbage and not being able to reassign buttons to ones you can actually physically reach is beyond lame.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

But my heart soars everytime kiryu answers that phone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

But my heart soars everytime kiryu answers that phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfgvLI0dlI

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Yakuza 0 has so much stuff I’m surprised people still make video games let alone good ones

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah for 3 bux it's not bad and the dlc has a callback to the original movie which was pretty cool. But afaik the DLC is just little survival zones where you get from point A to B. It's not bad DLC but it's not great either. I only played the free ones that came with the day 1 edition.

The game on its own is worth well more than $12 though I'd just say go for the bundle.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah for 3 bux it's not bad and the dlc has a callback to the original movie which was pretty cool. But afaik the DLC is just little survival zones where you get from point A to B. It's not bad DLC but it's not great either. I only played the free ones that came with the day 1 edition.

The game on its own is worth well more than $12 though I'd just say go for the bundle.

Cool thanks. Might as well go in for that.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

The Crew Expendable/Last Survivor DLCs recreate a couple of scenes from the first movie and bring back the original cast, which are really neat if you like the original movie. The other stuff is just challenge rooms if you're hankering for some more Alien sneaking but the main game is pretty long (perhaps to its disservice).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Should I get back into Bloodborne today or do the naughty boi side plan and reinstall The Witcher 3 and do that first?

posting this so the BbBoyz internal signals start going off :bigtran:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

On the yakuza 0 pause screen what do the battle, mr shakedown, etc poo poo mean? they're numbered 1.0, 1.2, 1.1 and they seem to be affected by my equipment but idk what they mean.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Holy gently caress the bat tattoo :shittypop:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Should I get back into Bloodborne today or do the naughty boi side plan and reinstall The Witcher 3 and do that first?

posting this so the BbBoyz internal signals start going off :bigtran:

I've had the urge to start a new playthrough in The Witcher 3 lately, but a friend in another state currently has my copy. Might as well enjoy it vicariously through you.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

On the yakuza 0 pause screen what do the battle, mr shakedown, etc poo poo mean? they're numbered 1.0, 1.2, 1.1 and they seem to be affected by my equipment but idk what they mean.

There are multiple versions of Mr. Shakedown for both Kiryu and Majima. You beat one, another one shows up.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

I've had the urge to start a new playthrough in The Witcher 3 lately, but a friend in another state currently has my copy. Might as well enjoy it vicariously through you.

I’ll be continuing mine from where I was so I’ll only be lost for like 10 hours lol.

Still deciding though. They’re both somewhat equally important for me to finish so it doesn’t really matter. I’ve been in the mood for both but lately I’m really digging big open rpgs to gently caress around in.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Morby posted:

There are multiple versions of Mr. Shakedown for both Kiryu and Majima. You beat one, another one shows up.

beep by grandpa posted:

I think what he’s asking about are money gain multipliers. But I’m not sure. It’s definitely not related to the individual Mr Shakedowns, that all goes on the completion screen.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yea it's def not what version of mr shakedown is around cause the number changes based on my equipment but idk what they're supposed to be telling me :|

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I think it’s tied to the CP shrine?

When you finish quests you get Completion Points, which you can trade in at a shrine to get bonuses like “get more money when you beat up guys”

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

beep by grandpa posted:

Yea it's def not what version of mr shakedown is around cause the number changes based on my equipment but idk what they're supposed to be telling me :|

Multiplier on how much money you get from him. Different equipment can do that

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I know the trite advice is gonna be 'Get gud' but I swear the second boss of Nioh (Hino Enma) is just putting me off playing the rest of it.

It's just this ridiculous wall for this point in the game and from what i've read so much of the rest of the game (including new moves and abilities) is gated behind it.

I've watched a few gameplay videos and beating her sounds reasonably simple (bait, dodge, chip away) but i swear all of these videos seem a lot slower than the gameplay i'm experiencing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

beep by grandpa posted:

Holy gently caress the bat tattoo :shittypop:

Every single time someone posts this I know we're in for some good reactions for the next few days