Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

Nah, the wooden armor has very little Tutamen. I'll just stick with the iron chestplates.

I've discovered a pretty severe problem. The stabilized nodes that I have surrounding my wand recharge pedestal are becoming tainted again after I purify them. I think that the tainted nodes are causing the other nodes to become tainted? I thought the stabilizers were supposed to prevent that! Anyway, whatever is happening, the nodes are becoming tainted faster than they produce enough charge for a node purification. Wands can't purify nodes.

What do I do? The area surrounding my recharge pedestal has become a taint-blighted hellhole because there are four tainted nodes in it.

Do you not have ethereal blooms keeping the taint out? You should be looting the poo poo out of those from points of interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I have plenty of ethereal blooms, but they don't seem to outpace the nodes.

EDIT:

This is not ideal. My current plan is to make a bunch of those necklaces that store vis, and charge them all up so I have enough to clean all the nodes at the same time. I'm open to suggestions for a more convenient strategy.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 24, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

I have plenty of ethereal blooms, but they don't seem to outpace the nodes.

EDIT:

This is not ideal. My current plan is to make a bunch of those necklaces that store vis, and charge them all up so I have enough to clean all the nodes at the same time. I'm open to suggestions for a more convenient strategy.

If they're tainted now, you're probably gonna have to unstabilize one, jar it up, move it to a containment area, purify it, jar it again, then repeat until you've got all the nodes pure and jarred. Then, make double drat sure your charging area is completely taint-free before unjarring/stabilizing them.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
It's transducing them that stops them from acting like tainted nodes, and prevents them from being tainted.

Willheim Wordsworth
Dec 29, 2008

Ariong posted:

Wands can't purify nodes.

If I recall correctly, a silverwood wand with thaumium caps stores 100 of each type of vis, and purifying takes only 70 ordo. I think a sceptre can purify nodes as well and a silverwood/thaumium sceptre holds 150 of each type of vis.

In your position, rather than making a bunch of vis storage necklaces I'd just make a bunch of wands and sceptres. They'll come in handy in the endgame for spot-cleaning the taint too.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Willheim Wordsworth posted:

I think a sceptre can purify nodes as well and a silverwood/thaumium sceptre holds 150 of each type of vis.

You need to use the purification focus, so a scepter won't be able to do it. They can jar nodes, however.

If you're absolutely out of options, you can use a Vis Necklace as a go-between for a staff and a transduced node. It's slow as hell, though.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
A Tainted wand core will make a wand big enough to purify nodes, funnily enough.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Willheim Wordsworth posted:

If I recall correctly, a silverwood wand with thaumium caps stores 100 of each type of vis, and purifying takes only 70 ordo. I think a sceptre can purify nodes as well and a silverwood/thaumium sceptre holds 150 of each type of vis.

In your position, rather than making a bunch of vis storage necklaces I'd just make a bunch of wands and sceptres. They'll come in handy in the endgame for spot-cleaning the taint too.

Yeah it seems like it should work, but no matter how long I jam on a tainted node with a purify-focused, thaumium capped, silverwood wand with 100 vis in every category, it just doesn't work.

McFrugal posted:

A Tainted wand core will make a wand big enough to purify nodes, funnily enough.

I'll give this a try.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If they're tainted now, you're probably gonna have to unstabilize one, jar it up, move it to a containment area, purify it, jar it again, then repeat until you've got all the nodes pure and jarred. Then, make double drat sure your charging area is completely taint-free before unjarring/stabilizing them.

Doesn't jarring a node damage it?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

Yeah, I looked it up and you're right. Welp, nevermind on that one.

Willheim Wordsworth
Dec 29, 2008

Ariong posted:

Yeah it seems like it should work, but no matter how long I jam on a tainted node with a purify-focused, thaumium capped, silverwood wand with 100 vis in every category, it just doesn't work.

Only thing I can think of is that (a little counter-intuitively) you hold left click on the node for some time, like you're mining it. It's not a right click action. If that still doesn't work, then I have to admit I do not remember how to do it. Seconding the tainted wand core thing too, tainted wands are good.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ariong posted:

I'll give this a try.

It CAN damage a node, you can use the blood magic translocatior to move nodes without jarring them, or you can use the warded glass/silverwood slab advanced jar construction to jar nodes without damaging them. Also you have to "punch" the tainted node with a wand with purification focus for about a second before it will trigger.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If I infuse a Thaumium Fortress Helm to give it Goggles of Revealing, will it lose its enchantments? If not, is there any way to turn on cheats in my world so I can spawn in the materials and experience I wasted?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

If I infuse a Thaumium Fortress Helm to give it Goggles of Revealing, will it lose its enchantments? If not, is there any way to turn on cheats in my world so I can spawn in the materials and experience I wasted?

I don't know about the goggles of revealing bit, but open the game to LAN and turn on cheats using the dialog. If you want the ability to pause the game by hitting escape after doing that, though, you'll have to close the save and re-open it.

You can always test it in a creative test world first if you aren't sure.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Unfortunately this version of Minecraft is from before they added that option.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Yeah then make a creative test world and give it a whirl. I think there's a creative-only item to give you all the thaumcraft research.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
If you want a more technical solution you can always use NBTExplorer to open your save folder and modify it to allow cheats. Also a good tool for general fixing stuff.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rynoto posted:

If you want a more technical solution you can always use NBTExplorer to open your save folder and modify it to allow cheats. Also a good tool for general fixing stuff.

That was just the ticket. Thanks!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How do I get essentia out of an alchemical boiler? Essentia tubes won't connect to it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

How do I get essentia out of an alchemical boiler? Essentia tubes won't connect to it.

It needs alembics on top like the alchemical furnace thinger.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The direwolf20 pack finally updated, so I got around to playing with some of the new mod stuff.

The new COFH stuff is great. The fluxmagnet is really cool -- it's extremely cheap, the charge lasts forever, and it has both a passive collection mode and an active use that sucks items up from far away where you point it. It also has a whitelist/blacklist, though I haven't tried that yet. Both the fluxmagnet and the flux capacitors can fit into any bauble slot, too, which has been a huge help. I made the AA drill, filled up a reinforced flux capacitor, and mined for what felt like forever.

Actually Additions now has worldgen in villages, which is pretty nice. It comes with a crusher and atomic reconstructor, with attached generators. However, don't do what I did and break them to try to move them into my base -- they are "fragile" and are destroyed if you break them. This only appears to be the case with the worldgen versions, which is fine I guess.

The new Ender IO is less great. It's suffering from that unique creature feep disease that popular mod makers seem to contract. In order to get started with Ender IO you have to set fire to bedrock for a 50% chance of a Grains of Infinity item, which can burn in the very fire you're making if you dare to try to parallelize production. SAG mills and alloy smelters now have two tiers -- basic and industrial. The basic ones are all you can make at first, and they are slow, can't be turned on and off with redstone, and they leak 1 RF/t at all times. The alloy smelter can only make alloys. Upgrading requires you to make some kind of plant fiber nonsense out of cactus or at a low chance with other stuff, slime or eggs, and ground quartz + lapis.

That being said, I did find a dark steel sword in a dungeon chest pre-fit with the teleport doohickey, which I am glad to have back after it was cruelly taken from me in 1.12. Teleporting through walls rules; doors are for losers.

Still not really too sure about the new Thaumcraft. I haven't really been too motivated to do its research.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The new Ender IO is less great. It's suffering from that unique creature feep disease that popular mod makers seem to contract. In order to get started with Ender IO you have to set fire to bedrock for a 50% chance of a Grains of Infinity item, which can burn in the very fire you're making if you dare to try to parallelize production. SAG mills and alloy smelters now have two tiers -- basic and industrial. The basic ones are all you can make at first, and they are slow, can't be turned on and off with redstone, and they leak 1 RF/t at all times. The alloy smelter can only make alloys. Upgrading requires you to make some kind of plant fiber nonsense out of cactus or at a low chance with other stuff, slime or eggs, and ground quartz + lapis.

That sounds less like feature creep and more like an attempt at ~progression~ and ~balance~. I hope upgrading past basic doesn't take much effort, otherwise I'm just never going to recommend the mod to anyone. Basic machines can be slow, but power leech is loving stupid.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've been using the updated EnderIO on the Revelations 2, and it's a pain in the rear end. Hope you like making organic dyes!

Really tho, the worst part is the grains of infinity. It got to the point where the our server mod just decided to put in one of those market place blocks so people can just trade coal for some.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
When I make a Sky Resources 2 condenser block, can I use any casing I want? It looks like you can make an end stone condenser pretty early on in Exoria, but the end stone casing requires purpur, which seems like it requires access to The End.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
It seems like automating grains of infinity production would be pretty easy, though. You'd just need a dispenser and vacuum hopper.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

When I make a Sky Resources 2 condenser block, can I use any casing I want? It looks like you can make an end stone condenser pretty early on in Exoria, but the end stone casing requires purpur, which seems like it requires access to The End.

You can use any combination of condenser and casing that you want. However, if the life infusion stones are still functional, you can manufacture chorus flowers by infusing eyes of ender with a melon block. This will let you grow chorus fruit, which you can turn into purpur. I did this a few versions ago though, so I'm not sure if you can still do it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

which is the best version of thaumcraft? i like magic poo poo and want to do more but 6 is missing a lot of stuff

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

which is the best version of thaumcraft? i like magic poo poo and want to do more but 6 is missing a lot of stuff

Thaumcraft 2 for Minecraft 1.2.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHlurexV73Q

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You can use any combination of condenser and casing that you want. However, if the life infusion stones are still functional, you can manufacture chorus flowers by infusing eyes of ender with a melon block. This will let you grow chorus fruit, which you can turn into purpur. I did this a few versions ago though, so I'm not sure if you can still do it.

It's not in JEI, so I don't think you can.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Thaumcraft 4 for 1.7.10 with all addons: Thaumic Exploration, Thaumic Horizons, Thaumic Tinkerer, Tainted Magic, Automagy, Technomancy, Forbidden Magic, Thaumic Energistics (with AE2), Arcane Engineering (with Immersive Engineering), Witching Gadgets, Gadomancy. And supplementary mods Not Enough Thaumcraft Tabs, Thaumcraft Node Tracker, Thaumic Inventory Scanning and Thaumcraft NEI Plugin.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 27, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Oh man, the goggles of revealing in TC6 can be worn in a bauble slot (the head slot, not the amulet/ring/belt slot.) This makes me so happy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Well, this looks normal. Nothing to worry about here.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
That's part of thaumcraft. They lead to thaumcraft dungeons I think thats full of elderich enemies and goods. I think it might still have a boss at the end of it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

That's part of thaumcraft. They lead to thaumcraft dungeons I think thats full of elderich enemies and goods. I think it might still have a boss at the end of it.

Yeah, that sucker showed up when I shoved a bunch of trash into a crucible and vented thousands of essentia into the atmosphere. I wish it'd hurry up and spawn tainted stuff, though -- I need vitium essence and I'm too lazy to make mycelium.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I wanted to recreate this setup, but it turns out that the version of Botania included with Blightfall does not have the Animated Torch. Is there any way I can emulate its function? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for automated Gourmarylis feeding?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

I wanted to recreate this setup, but it turns out that the version of Botania included with Blightfall does not have the Animated Torch. Is there any way I can emulate its function? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for automated Gourmarylis feeding?

You don't need to feed the 1.7.10 Botania's Gourmaryllis two kinds of food -- it will happily eat the same food over and over with the proper delay. However, do NOT use the hovering hourglass -- the version of botania that ships with blightfall has a nasty memory leak or performance issue or something with the hovering hourglass that got fixed later. Use the automagy timer instead.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Started the Futurepack stuff in Exoria. I've seen some complaints about it but I quite like the research system and some of the machines so far. It's busy work but honestly I don't mind busy work while I wait for the half dozen other things I'm doing to finish.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You don't need to feed the 1.7.10 Botania's Gourmaryllis two kinds of food -- it will happily eat the same food over and over with the proper delay. However, do NOT use the hovering hourglass -- the version of botania that ships with blightfall has a nasty memory leak or performance issue or something with the hovering hourglass that got fixed later. Use the automagy timer instead.

oh, you're a lifesaver. I don't see an item called "timer" in automagy or any other mod in the pack. Do you mean the Magic Hourglass? (Different from Botania's Hovering Hourglass, which I won't be using thanks to your warning.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ariong posted:

oh, you're a lifesaver. I don't see an item called "timer" in automagy or any other mod in the pack. Do you mean the Magic Hourglass? (Different from Botania's Hovering Hourglass, which I won't be using thanks to your warning.

I don't remember what it is called, but any device that works as a redstone clock with a configurable time is fine. Hell, you can use vanilla redstone if you really want to.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I don't remember what it is called, but any device that works as a redstone clock with a configurable time is fine. Hell, you can use vanilla redstone if you really want to.

Is there a way to automatically send out a redstone pulse every 5-10 seconds or so using vanilla redstone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Repeaters on a standard redstone clock to stretch the signal out?