Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Crow Jane posted:

Are vets.

Jesus Christ.

Whenever he makes grammatical mistakes like that, the "Make Trump Tweets Eight Again" plugin is all the more appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Hut of brown, now sit down

Poor bonehead. At least he can see now.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

Are vets.

Jesus Christ.

6th grade. By 6th grade, everyone in America should have mastered basic homophones.

Dan Quayle got endless poo poo for a stray E, and this dipshit misspells “our” and yet still has Fox News buttchugging his tweets like they contain the antidote to national demographic changes.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MadJackal posted:

6th grade. By 6th grade, everyone in America should have mastered basic homophones.

Dan Quayle got endless poo poo for a stray E, and this dipshit misspells “our” and yet still has Fox News buttchugging his tweets like they contain the antidote to national demographic changes.

His big beautiful hands are just too much for smartphone typing.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/RepStevenSmith/status/1011037388779524102

Very serious representatives.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MadJackal posted:

You misspelled 3rd grade, or American standards are hella lower than Canadian standards.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What does your heart tell you?

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

PT6A posted:

American standards

hilarious

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Groovelord Neato posted:

jimmy fallon sucked before that. his obxious overlaughing at everything every celeb says. how the gently caress did he even get a show.

The networks expect you to grow into the show/audience like Conan and Letterman did over time, but Fallon didn't realise his audience was people that would discover with Trump that they're liberal.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That's not a real congressman.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Groovelord Neato posted:

jimmy fallon sucked before that. his obxious overlaughing at everything every celeb says. how the gently caress did he even get a show.

It starts with Leno deciding "I'm gonna unretire from The Tonight Show". Then Zucker who would go on to buy CNN decides to gently caress things up for both Conan and Leno.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

That is not actually a representative. Georgia only has 14 congressional districts.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

LegendaryFrog posted:

That is not actually a representative. Georgia only has 14 congressional districts.

Might be a state rep.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

MadJackal posted:

I don't know if secondary things like bad spelling, small hands etc. are so smart to latch onto in a big way. Even here on SA, some well liked posters consistently use no punctuation, write everything in lower case, use "off of", "could of", and so on. They never get criticized for that, because they're on our team. I don't want to be governed by monsters with perfect writing skills, I just don't want to be governed by monsters.

Joseph Goebbels wrote very well.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

He was Lorne Michaels' pet favourite castmember at SNL, and Lorne had gigantic sway at NBC at time. So when it came time to pick a replacement for Conan for Late Night when he moved up to the Tonight Show, Lorne bulldozed every other candidate in favor of Fallon getting the chair. Then when Conan got screwed out the Tonight Show all for Jay Leno to come back and then just retire like two years later, Fallon basically tripped into hosting the Tonight Show because NBC had literally no one else left to take the job, and no one else wanted it because their good will had been shot to poo poo industry-wide thanks to Conan getting screwed.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

MadJackal posted:

Homophonia has no place in the classroom.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Might be a state rep.

It says parody in the bio duder.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

screamin and creamin posted:

I don't know if secondary things like bad spelling, small hands etc. are so smart to latch onto in a big way. Even here on SA, some well liked posters consistently use no punctuation, write everything in lower case, use "off of", "could of", and so on. They never get criticized for that, because they're on our team. I don't want to be governed by monsters with perfect writing skills, I just don't want to be governed by monsters.

Oh, please. Making fun of the loving President of the United States for having the vocabulary, wrpiting skills, general temperament and tiny hands of a grade schooler is perfectly acceptable.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Oh yes, a "very fine people on both sides" from the WP.
Politely telling Shucks to leave is un-civil. But Shucks' response by blasting them on Twitter is entirely justified. gently caress the WP. Burn those fuckers down

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Crow Jane posted:

Oh, please. Making fun of the loving President of the United States for having the vocabulary, wrpiting skills, general temperament and tiny hands of a grade schooler is perfectly acceptable.

Gotcha!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

:doh: Hoisted on my own autocorrect petard.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Someone else said it best: Trump feels no shame for being a fascist, but his ego is brittle like nothing else, and he gets really offended really easily. If him being offended we make fun of his hair keeps him from signing more orders because he has to get on twitter and own people then gently caress it, make fun of his hair forever.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Man it got really dusty in here suddenly. This really was a pick me up after unceasing dark days.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Fun fact, according to literally the first thing I googled, Our/Are is something that a child is supposed to have mastered by First Grade

fake edit: what happened to the 'this is are country' emote

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Crow Jane posted:

Oh please yourself (heh!). It's not about that, it's about emphasizing this above what he does.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Someone else said it best: Trump feels no shame for being a fascist, but his ego is brittle like nothing else, and he gets really offended really easily. If him being offended we make fun of his hair keeps him from signing more orders because he has to get on twitter and own people then gently caress it, make fun of his hair forever.

As far as it reaches him, sure. What I mean is that sometimes when you have people like him, it makes it acceptable to make fun of things that are usually taboo, legitimately, or not. Some reasonably nice and intelligent people (and by that I don't mean Trump or any Republicans or their followers etc.) have spelling weaknesses, but it's generally not seen as okay to point those out. This normalizes it. That's all.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MadJackal posted:

That was Scavino because Trump doesn't know the .@ trick, and we know Scavino plants typos and homophones on purpose.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I liked this tweet thread

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1010968799049285632

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Fun fact, according to literally the first thing I googled, Our/Are is something that a child is supposed to have mastered by First Grade

fake edit: what happened to the 'this is are country' emote

It's a thread tag that D&D scavenged from the corpse of LF.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I posted that yesterday but it wasn't a tweet so no credit >_<

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

:golfclap:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I posted that yesterday but it wasn't a tweet so no credit >_<

It was watched and appreciated, you get full credit IMHO.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I am 95% certain that when evilweasel writes in his professional guise his punctuation and capitalization are better than is his habit here.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

haveblue posted:

It's a thread tag that D&D scavenged from the corpse of LF.

If LF still existed Trump wouldn't have happened.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1011022893994541056?s=21

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

r u retarded er something dude

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sonofabitch couldn't even pronounce his own name right.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Unlike, recently, the House of Representatives, I try to avoid taking my political direction from a child predator.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm curious; given how much our stupid hell country lost its drat mind over Black President, was anybody in Obama's orbit ever targeted in a civilian capacity?

I think this is real indicative of how much people hate Trump.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a baker or something wouldn;t serve biden and then paul ryan went and celebrated the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They were continuously just-short-of-slandered on Fox News if that counts

• Locked thread