Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Captain Kirk is dreamy and also a wonderful QB, I won’t hear any of this slander :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

A 3 year contact is all in?
A remarkably team friendly 3 year contract, too.

This doesnt look at all like Jay Cutler though :confused:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This doesnt look at all like Jay Cutler though :confused:

because he's so fat and sloppy now -- trust me, this is really him. it got posted on facebook by the official jay cutler sucks page.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Cutler was the source of the butt smokes with sunglasses av right?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
this is a fun montage even tough the Bengals get scored on three times in it http://www.nfl.com/videos/td-tuesday/0ap3000000935763/Best-touchdowns-by-punters-and-kickers

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

A+ preview image for this video.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

whypick1 posted:

Even though he's been married twice and has a daughter, I'm still not entirely convinced Russell Wilson has had sex.

That instagram video of him bragging about loving Ciara was probably just a ploy. Bet he couldn't get it in.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

That instagram video of him bragging about loving Ciara was probably just a ploy. Bet he couldn't get it in.

Whoa I thought he only had trouble throwing it in before the ring ceremony

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

A 3 year contact is all in?

How long is the average non-Patriots championship caliber window open for? 3-4 years? So probably.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoeank posted:

Whoa I thought he only had trouble throwing it in before the ring ceremony

:randvince:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Are you talking about the Super Bowl, from the end of the Super Bowl when that pass got intercepted.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

How long is the average non-Patriots championship caliber window open for? 3-4 years? So probably.

Fournette still has his rookie deal and the defense will remain stacked for a while. No reason to think they couldn't pick up a QB next draft to work up behind Bort.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

It's out!

10 reasons the Cowboys will be a dumpster fire this season

http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-cowboys-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2018/

enjoy!

x-posting some good stuff from the NFC East thread for us all to discuss while in the doldrums of summer.

I think the Cowboys ceiling this year is probably something like 6 wins.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fournette still has his rookie deal and the defense will remain stacked for a while. No reason to think they couldn't pick up a QB next draft to work up behind Bort.
Exactly. They have Bouye and Ramsey for at least 3 more years (there is no way they dont pay Ramsey and Bouye singed a 6 year deal 1 year ago, I think). They have Telvin Smith extended for 5 years and Jack should be extendable. The DL is a good mix of older and younger guys (Ngakoue :swoon: ). All that and they have been drafting well and have some good coaches on staff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I got a bit caught up in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes but I am wondering how he will fit with the Vikings. Is that team good enough that it'll allow Kirk Cousins to really flourish? Or is Kirk Cousins mediocre enough that he will never truly flourish? I'm starting to have this feeling that Alex Smith would've been a better choice for the Vikings. I hope Kirk does ball out and makes his former team look like a bunch of incompetents

axeil posted:

x-posting some good stuff from the NFC East thread for us all to discuss while in the doldrums of summer.

I think the Cowboys ceiling this year is probably something like 6 wins.

Funny article and really lays it out. This team needs some new faces in the coaching staff and front office desperately. The lack of depth is really amazing; any number of a lot of key players going down and the team will completely fall apart. I also noticed watching All or Nothing that the coaching just wasn't there, way too many players totally checked our and not giving a gently caress about all the cliches Jason Garrett spouts off constantly. Some good position coaching but you need that presence at the top. One playoff win in seven and a half years? That's not production and most teams wouldn't tolerate that no matter how much they liked the guy.

The management needs help just as much as the coaching though. I think they need some big changes and until that happens they will stay as perennial also-rans. I'm sure they'll grind out a certain number of wins but overall I like their chances the least in that division. Every other team in the division has things to really get excited about, but with the Cowboys it's really hard to even say that they've even improved this offseason while every other team in the division looks like it has

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

I got a bit caught up in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes but I am wondering how he will fit with the Vikings. Is that team good enough that it'll allow Kirk Cousins to really flourish? Or is Kirk Cousins mediocre enough that he will never truly flourish? I'm starting to have this feeling that Alex Smith would've been a better choice for the Vikings. I hope Kirk does ball out and makes his former team look like a bunch of incompetents

Funny article and really lays it out. This team needs some new faces in the coaching staff and front office desperately. The lack of depth is really amazing; any number of a lot of key players going down and the team will completely fall apart. I also noticed watching All or Nothing that the coaching just wasn't there, way too many players totally checked our and not giving a gently caress about all the cliches Jason Garrett spouts off constantly. Some good position coaching but you need that presence at the top. One playoff win in seven and a half years? That's not production and most teams wouldn't tolerate that no matter how much they liked the guy.

The management needs help just as much as the coaching though. I think they need some big changes and until that happens they will stay as perennial also-rans. I'm sure they'll grind out a certain number of wins but overall I like their chances the least in that division. Every other team in the division has things to really get excited about, but with the Cowboys it's really hard to even say that they've even improved this offseason while every other team in the division looks like it has
What I find hilarious about this is that Jerry Jones refuses to admit that Jimmy Johnson was at all responsible for helping to assemble those superstar teams in the 90s.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

What I find hilarious about this is that Jerry Jones refuses to admit that Jimmy Johnson was at all responsible for helping to assemble those superstar teams in the 90s.

the vikings helped

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jerry Jones is absolutely the root of the problem. Jason Garrett is the perfect little toady and any coach/GM that actually has the skills and the drive to change things would naturally object to Jerry's interference which is unacceptable. The whole thing with Jimmy Johnson started when Jerry Jones pushed for more personnel decisions and look how all that turned out.

It sucks for the players but it's just desserts for their owner. His growing influence in personnel has been an absolute disaster by any standard and the fact that his ego can't tolerate strong personalities has made mediocrity inevitable for the team. Watching All or Nothing you can tell that Garrett is 100% Jerry's bitch

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm fine with Jerry Jones being the architect of his own destruction.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

I mean...Case Keenum of all people looked pretty good playing for them. I'd imagine Cousins might have a decent chance of being ok.

I also don't know that the Vikings had what the Chiefs were looking for in an Alex Smith trade, they pretty specifically targeted Kendall Fuller since they were planning on releasing Peters (obligatory what the Christ were you fucks thinking goes here). I think they would have preferred him over, say, Trae Waynes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I mean...Case Keenum of all people looked pretty good playing for them. I'd imagine Cousins might have a decent chance of being ok.

I also don't know that the Vikings had what the Chiefs were looking for in an Alex Smith trade, they pretty specifically targeted Kendall Fuller since they were planning on releasing Peters (obligatory what the Christ were you fucks thinking goes here). I think they would have preferred him over, say, Trae Waynes.

Keenum was surprisingly good at handling pressure last year.

The biggest weakness on the vikings is their oline, though it's better then a few years ago, but yeah, Cousins is walking into pretty much the best available spot for a QB since probably like... 2013 Denver?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The Cowboys being the ultimate milquetoast team is great. 8-8 forever with an occasional outlier which of course ends in disappointment for cowboys fans eg. 13-3 1st seed no playoff wins.

This is a feature to me of the Cowboys not a flaw.

also lol cowboys with the playoffs on the line:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

How much of this was Pat Shurmur, who is now the HC of the Giants?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Garrett's trash and the team won't succeed as long as he's head coach. The talent this year is pretty dire, but I expect they'll grind out 6 or so wins and push themselves out of a top 5 draft pick. The team has no depth so it's really a question of how lucky they are with injuries. Even with Bryant and Witten gone, I'm not sure they're worst in the division, though--I think Washington definitely got worse going from Cousins to Smith. It'll be the Eagles' divsion to lose in any case, though.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

TheChirurgeon posted:

Garrett's trash and the team won't succeed as long as he's head coach. The talent this year is pretty dire, but I expect they'll grind out 6 or so wins and push themselves out of a top 5 draft pick. The team has no depth so it's really a question of how lucky they are with injuries. Even with Bryant and Witten gone, I'm not sure they're worst in the division, though--I think Washington definitely got worse going from Cousins to Smith. It'll be the Eagles' divsion to lose in any case, though.

I believe that Washington and Cowboys will battle it out for 6-10 or 8-8 for #2 and #3 in division while the Eagles run away with it. They surely arent worse than the Giants? I admittedly don't know what the non-eagles NFC East is "supposed to look like"

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

How much of this was Pat Shurmur, who is now the HC of the Giants?

Pat Shurmur is an expert at making lovely QBs look okay

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Pat Shurmur is an expert at making lovely QBs look okay
What does this mean for future HoFer Elisha Manning?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

EmbryoSteve posted:

The Cowboys being the ultimate milquetoast team is great. 8-8 forever with an occasional outlier which of course ends in disappointment for cowboys fans eg. 13-3 1st seed no playoff

Forever mediocre and blaming other people for their own inadequacy. They really are America’s team.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

EmbryoSteve posted:

I believe that Washington and Cowboys will battle it out for 6-10 or 8-8 for #2 and #3 in division while the Eagles run away with it. They surely arent worse than the Giants? I admittedly don't know what the non-eagles NFC East is "supposed to look like"

I have no idea what to expect from the Giants. As much as they'd like to blame it all on the offensive line, Eli Manning is clearly on the decline. But with a healthy OBJ and a running game they can probably threaten 8-8 or better, depending on how the defense does.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 25, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Forever mediocre and blaming other people for their own inadequacy. They really are America’s team.

Totally. Incompetent billionaires who think they have talent meddling in the team's progress and thus pulling everyone down sounds very American as well.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

What does this mean for future HoFer Elisha Manning?

Benched for Davis Webb who goes on to take the Giants to the NFC Championship

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Grittybeard posted:

It was stefon diggs and adam thielen that made keenum look good because his accuracy is dogshit and they bailed him out on circus catches all year long

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm looking for Sanders, Sutton and (if he actually gives a poo poo) Thomas to do more of the same for Keenum

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Not to mention the Skins paid Alex stupid money® so I think both parties benefited.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

kiimo posted:

Not to mention the Skins paid Alex super-genius money® so I think both parties benefited.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I want the new season to start. But I'm enjoying the fact that the Eagles are currently the undisputed best team in the league and that could change when the new season starts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CyberPingu posted:

I want the new season to start. But I'm enjoying the fact that the Eagles are currently the undisputed best team in the league and that could change when the new season starts.

How? They currently have the same record as the Browns and 30 other teams.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I can’t wait for my team and it’s normal quarterback with a happy family to win 12-15 games and the super bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've made a lot of hard guarantees that Phillip Rivers' arm is dead so he better not throw for 4500+ yards again

• Locked thread