Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Haven't they said the increase in revenue will be from wage growth, which is flat out not happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Also the reason for the tax cuts is bracket creep

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

Haven't they said the increase in revenue will be from wage growth, which is flat out not happening?

ANY loving DAY NOW

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

The thing you need to understand about economists is that if they become libertarian they will have successful careers, if they don't they will struggle. I've been to a few panel discussions with leading economists and the people from the private sector are almost always neo-classical true believers spouting the same crap they did before the financial crisis. That Richard Wolf episode of Chapo Trap House was good as he explained that while economics pretends to be a natural science, it is actually a form of highly politicized applied math. Economists are actually good at forecasting, but they are also good at knowing what those numbers need to say in order for them to keep their jobs.

To make it worse the people in power that they're speaking to are completely out of touch and have broken bullshit detectors. Once I heard a well-respected person say in a conversation about Trump that the financial crisis didn't affect the US people much. He vehemently defended this statement against objections from an economist and a professor. Policymaking is full of people like that, which is why economists can easily manipulate them with a few easy to understand and hard to argue against graphs and numbers.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Don Dongington posted:

If people would actually source their loving quotes we wouldn't have to keep doing this.

Edit:

Also in a bizarre turn of events, the morons of the mostly working class WA State electorate of the Darling Ranges have elected the Liberal candidate with a sizeable swing on a seat the ALP won with a 16% swing after a demographic shift last April.

People suspect support for a tax cut that will not benefit anyone living in the electorate other than one Andrew Forrest may be to blame,

I think it had something to do with the previous Labor candidate being corrupt. :shrug:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/paddygibson/status/1011106831559606272

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

maybe if they stopped breaking the law something something intervention now

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what's the deal with this albanese leadership challenge, given kevin rudd changed the rules so that challenges are very hard to bring

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BBJoey posted:

what's the deal with this albanese leadership challenge, given kevin rudd changed the rules so that challenges are very hard to bring

There isn't one. He made a speech on Friday that all the pundits are reading too much into because they live for spills

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

asio posted:

In Rockhampton, meals at the Brunswick are "quantity over quality" but if that kitchen opened anywhere in SE QLD they'd win awards

I ate there last week and it was $15 for a crumbed steak at lunch time. Fuckin rort

Best feed in Rockhampton is Captain Nemos. Sunshine sub or the seas-a-sub if available.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

MysticalMachineGun posted:

There isn't one. He made a speech on Friday that all the pundits are reading too much into because they live for spills

Mate half this thread lives for spills

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Let the politician blood spill!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Spills are the only spark of good fun a person can get out of this country's political shitshow

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A good leadership spill can be quality entertainment.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

A good leadership spill can be quality entertainment.

I got very drunk when Abbott got knifed. Celebratory drinks are much better than commiseration drinks.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Imagine being an LNP stooge complaining about Shorten resorting to personal attacks with a straight face.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Knorth posted:

Spills are the only spark of good fun a person can get out of this country's political shitshow

Pauline Hanson crying on national telly as her egomania blows her party apart again is pretty heartwarming

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Box of Bunnies posted:

Pauline Hanson crying on national telly as her egomania blows her party apart again is pretty heartwarming

thats not a spill thats a pack of rabid dogs biting each other

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
spuds are gonna spud

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mattjpwns posted:

spuds are gonna spud

Flag in twitter handle 👌

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Mattjpwns posted:

spuds are gonna spud

This owns.

Pity CFMEU gagged debate regarding contentious issues such as putting children in offshore rape and misery camps at the last big union meeting.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Mattjpwns posted:

spuds are gonna spud

Of more interest is what happened in the aftermath of the triple bashed cowards meeting at transport bar and intimidating and harassing a street performer and the utter incompetence by PSOs and Police to have any kind of coverage over these miscreants and when they went for the fed square putsch, to throw them in the loving yarra

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

BBJoey posted:

A desperate attempt by the coalition to manufacture something out of nothing in the hope that the public will vaguely remember Rudd/Gillard/Rudd and forget all about Tony/Turnbull.

Nearly every response to opposition questions in QT today contained some long, ludicrous divergence about THE MEMBER FOR GRAYNDLER. I'm fascinated by how they think this could possibly have legs. Even aside from the new rules the ALP knows full well that leadership instability now would be electoral suicide.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Coalition got checkmated by Rudd in advanced and he is probably laughing right now in his Rove voice.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Quantum Shart posted:

Of more interest is what happened in the aftermath of the triple bashed cowards meeting at transport bar and intimidating and harassing a street performer and the utter incompetence by PSOs and Police to have any kind of coverage over these miscreants and when they went for the fed square putsch, to throw them in the loving yarra

Yeah he's trying to back out of that roid rage performance by claiming a whole bunch of "hurr durr he ranted at me about toxic masculinity and said he wanted to fight", which spud's own loving video demonstrates never happened.

This quickly deleted post was pretty delicious though.

:discourse:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

:lol:

“No one wants to come to my hate rallies, youse are all hosed hey”

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

It's only a matter of time before Cottrell kills someone, probably another alt-rghter because the only people they hate more than the people they shout at are themselves.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He doesn't have a toll polo shirt what a pussy.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

CrazyTolradi posted:

It's only a matter of time before Cottrell kills someone, probably another alt-rghter because the only people they hate more than the people they shout at are themselves.

Didn't he try to murder his girlfriend by burning her house down?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wait what did he do after the rally?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

Didn't he try to murder his girlfriend by burning her house down?

Yes he did.

He's a complete Nazi-worshipping scumbag.

JBP posted:

Wait what did he do after the rally?
Him and his True Blue Crew mates got drunk, went to Fed Square and hassled a street performer.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi posted:

Him and his True Blue Crew mates got drunk, went to Fed Square and hassled a street performer.

Is this recorded anywhere?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yes he did.

He's a complete Nazi-worshipping scumbag

Well he's just a nazi. And a failed arson murderer

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

JBP posted:

Is this recorded anywhere?

... Why would you assume someone was fibbing about Cotrell doing a street harassment?

https://mobile.twitter.com/blaircottrell89/status/1011070351931920385

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Peccadillo posted:

... Why would you assume someone was fibbing about Cotrell doing a street harassment?

https://mobile.twitter.com/blaircottrell89/status/1011070351931920385

I just wanted to read about it and couldn't find anything on Google.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

JBP posted:

I just wanted to read about it and couldn't find anything on Google.
You sure looked hard

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi posted:

You sure looked hard

I typed Cottrell altercation and performer. Sorry for asking for a simple loving link to something I wanted to read about or see the footage of.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I went and typed in Blair Cottrell (I'd expected that to return a million unrelated things that were not yells at a busker) and as expected it gives me results for the rally and burning an effigy, not the busker.

Thanks for simply linking something that's a pretty small story and acting like it's some intense ordeal.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

You're welcome, you crybaby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Peccadillo posted:

You"re welcome, you crybaby

I'm not the broken brain that has to screen shot and post in the thread over something you'd clearly been looking at very recently.