Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Pretty sure he got stonewalled on it. ICE apparently has a gag order on all agencies they are using.

I'd love to see the state police raid some poo poo for full governmental breakdown, but that might be worse for the kids :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LegionAreI posted:

Pretty sure he got stonewalled on it. ICE apparently has a gag order on all agencies they are using.

I'd love to see the state police raid some poo poo for full governmental breakdown, but that might be worse for the kids :(

A state police raid that isn't targeting them or their parents? We'll be greeted as liberators! :geno:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

LegionAreI posted:

HHS, not ICE. Don't let a bad actor off the hook by blaming everything on ICE.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A nice lady just canvassed me for Ocasio.

Crowley’s campaign also called me when she was at the door lol

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
a huge Ocasio van passed by this afternoon blasting Top 40 while I was eating near Astoria Park so +1 to the face van

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Pat Ryan came to our door in NY-19 today. I was out but my elderly dad was pretty impressed. I think the veteran thing is playing really well with the olds, so we'll see.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/gayhobbes/status/1011019710144663554

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/macc_nyc/status/1011078353745596416?s=20

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1011211060232249344

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Why does New York (City?) have two separate dates for primaries? I panicked for a second, but apparently Albany County doesn't do that.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why does New York (City?) have two separate dates for primaries? I panicked for a second, but apparently Albany County doesn't do that.

federal and state primaries are on different days

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

uncurable mlady posted:

federal and state primaries are on different days

That's what I get for only registering as a Democrat in time for the 2017 state elections. This is really stupid.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's what I get for only registering as a Democrat in time for the 2017 state elections. This is really stupid.

nice redtext, who'd you piss off?

anyway i don't believe tonko has a primary challenger.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

uncurable mlady posted:

nice redtext, who'd you piss off?

I made the mistake of being genuine in the Suck Zone, and there's someone with extra cash there red-texting posters for sport.

Yeah, I didn't think Tonko had a challenger, but it's still kind of bullshit.

Speaking of bullshit:

https://twitter.com/JonCampbellGAN/status/1011222851482017793

We're going to have a Republican governor, I just know it.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

given how motivated people are for hashtag resisting in the state i'll be pretty shocked if a republican gets the governorship.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

I like the "this neighborhood is so multicultural, you've got people from the subcontinent..."

I honestly expected him to go "and we're getting more and more orientals every day"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

We're going to have a Republican governor, I just know it.

It'd be an improvement over cuomo, it also won't happen.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
steve croman's out of jail and I can verify because he was in my apartment this morning.

doin my best to put him back where he belongs but this renovation inspection was a bit goon-squadish lol.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Anyone else in NY-1? I’ve been torn on primary candidates for a while now. Pechefsky seems like the best option but I’m not convinced he has a chance. I’m assuming Gershon will win because I see his ads and poo poo everywhere....he seems okay?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It'd be an improvement over cuomo, it also won't happen.

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CaptainPsyko posted:

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

New York Dems are trash, and Cuomo is even worse then a republican because idiotic new yorkers keep voting for him since he has D by his name.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

New York Dems are trash, and Cuomo is even worse then a republican because idiotic new yorkers keep voting for him since he has D by his name.

So we'll get Molinaro, with an R by his name... this will be good... because?...

Gunshow Poophole posted:

steve croman's out of jail and I can verify because he was in my apartment this morning.

doin my best to put him back where he belongs but this renovation inspection was a bit goon-squadish lol.

Wait, why was he in your apartment? :ohdear:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

sometime in the 90s there was this landlord who had a couple tenants killed to get them out of their apartment. He also owned my friend’s building on Ludlow, so I tagged along to the emergency meeting in the street. I thought it was going to be panic about not wanting to get murdered but everyone was basically taking the landlords side because they didn’t have leases. They were teaming up to make sure if anyone came asking about their building they’d have good things to say about him or some poo poo like that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

uncurable mlady posted:

tonko is good so it'd be kinda dumb to challenge him anyhow

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

:agreed:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

No haven’t you heard all incumbent Dems are trash by virtue of their incumbency and must be purged by fire.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

CaptainPsyko posted:

No haven’t you heard all incumbent Dems are trash by virtue of their incumbency and must be purged by fire.

hey, that's a fun post

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/surajpatelnyc/status/1011338955437068288

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wait, why was he in your apartment? :ohdear:

If you're interested in rent regulation and tenants' rights I've been sorta steeping in the issue over the last 8 months. I wrote a bunch of the details up starting with that post and the next couple of mine on that page in the LAN thread.

basically shithead's my landlord and was here unannounced (riding along with a properly notified/consented inspection by the property manager) as a bullying tactic. he has no power in the situation so I smiled and confirmed his lawyer's ethics violations and took a bunch of pictures, because oral arguments against their motion to dismiss my housing case are scheduled for Thursday morning :)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Voted Ocasio

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

Voted Ocasio

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gunshow Poophole posted:

If you're interested in rent regulation and tenants' rights I've been sorta steeping in the issue over the last 8 months. I wrote a bunch of the details up starting with that post and the next couple of mine on that page in the LAN thread.

basically shithead's my landlord and was here unannounced (riding along with a properly notified/consented inspection by the property manager) as a bullying tactic. he has no power in the situation so I smiled and confirmed his lawyer's ethics violations and took a bunch of pictures, because oral arguments against their motion to dismiss my housing case are scheduled for Thursday morning :)

Wow. Best of luck, hope he's back in prison soon!

Edit: Have some election fuckery:

https://twitter.com/sarbetter/status/1011589321709834240

Absurd Alhazred has issued a correction as of 13:46 on Jun 26, 2018

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
Voted Bunkeddeko

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Go ocasio. I just realized my grandmother and aunt lived in what is now ny-14 for decades but they moved to Florida after super storm sandy (presumably because they wanted more hurricanes, not less)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

voted Ocasio and helped hand out flyers for a bit.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What's up no election crew? We voted in Espaillat last cycle and I expect that's the last competitive Congressional election we'll have in my lifetime.

Family Photo
Dec 26, 2005
*cheese*

introduced Ocasio to a coworker yesterday. “I VOTED” sticker on their shirt this morning, first-time voter 🇺🇸🇵🇷

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1011614235972046850

I just sent 27$ if anyone else wants to send some bucks.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

zakharov posted:

What's up no election crew? We voted in Espaillat last cycle and I expect that's the last competitive Congressional election we'll have in my lifetime.

sup fellow 13er I'm ice chillin today with some plans to phone bank for Ocasio this afternoon after work poo poo cleans up

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1011614235972046850

I just sent 27$ if anyone else wants to send some bucks.

also done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
what would it take to get someone on the ballot on a third party line to run against maloney?