Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Ok Courtney and Asia with an Alaska back is about as close as i think we're gonna get to perfect.

Obviously Alyssa replaces Carson and Jonathan Van Ness replaces umm. Well she's just around, can you believe!?

the new Queer Eye cast would be a great massive guest judge panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Get out of here with this poo poo, its Tyra Sanchez’s Drag Race and then we see some real poo poo

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Time for lady bunny’s drag race and it’s just gloryhole jokes for ten seasons

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

lenoon posted:

Time for lady bunny’s drag race and it’s just gloryhole jokes for ten seasons

Speaking of which, WHERE WERE MY drat PUPPETS?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

uh

it's just Art and Panpan's Drag Race though y'all?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
The winner each season should be the host of the season after.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

The winner each season should be the host of the season after.

Ooh, Dread Pirate Roberts style

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Dread Pirate Ruberts.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

Drag Pirate Ruberts.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

this is it

this is the new show

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I decided to watch the first episode of Dragula. Uh, this kinda sucks and lmao that it randomly turned into Fear Factor halfway through the premiere. I know people praise it a lot around here, does it get better? Or is it just more this?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

It definitely gets better! The production value is pretty rough in the first season, and the runways are sorta oddly edited (especially if you’re used to Drag Race), but once it gets going, it’s exceptional.
The queens are mega-talented and varied with their looks; especially season 2.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Berzerker posted:

I decided to watch the first episode of Dragula. Uh, this kinda sucks and lmao that it randomly turned into Fear Factor halfway through the premiere. I know people praise it a lot around here, does it get better? Or is it just more this?

Yeah. Season 1 was basically shot on a handicam in a shipping crate for youtube. Season 2 is much higher quality.

But you're not watching for flashy production, you're watching for the drag. Try to enjoy the feeling of being crammed into a tiny, dirty club with a bunch of talented queens with no sense of shame.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Also- just assume that every contestant's social media is gonna be NSFW. Especially James Majesty from season 2. Woof.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If you like Miz Cracker, I just came across an adorable Bon Appetit video of a chef talking her through making ravioli. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_axRz2hfk

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

Also- just assume that every contestant's social media is gonna be NSFW. Especially James Majesty from season 2. Woof.

Oh wow. I just googled some of his stuff. Apparently he posts videos of him having sex with his half-brother?

Propaganda Machine posted:

If you like Miz Cracker, I just came across an adorable Bon Appetit video of a chef talking her through making ravioli. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_axRz2hfk

It was posted like a page back. Cute video. And the ravioli turned out better than I expected.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Oh wow. I just googled some of his stuff. Apparently he posts videos of him having sex with his half-brother?

They just joke about being brothers; James is a bit of an envelope-pusher when it comes to winding people up.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I love James and think he won s2. His filth entry was just better than Bitqtch's

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Pinwiz11 posted:

Speaking of which, WHERE WERE MY drat PUPPETS?

I can’t believe they skipped this, everyone loves puppets!

I’ve been on Team Asia for a while and I care not for any of the others. I haven’t really been into this season, I skipped the episode before the reunion because I wasn’t super interested. I know Asia won’t win, so I’m not sure I’m even gonna watch the finale.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Just watched the reunion episode last night finally. Wife and I were taken aback how none of the queens thought Kameron should win, until I read that the reunion was filmed AFTER the finale was shot (and perhaps that explains some of the shade). I know the spoiler is out there, and I don't want to know, but did they do the thing they always do where they film 4 different endings so no one knows?

It's VH motherfucking 1. They can't pony up for a live finale? Even Ink Master can figure out how to do it - it's awkward but they still do it.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Trig Discipline posted:

Dread Pirate Ruberts.

Hahaha wow

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Flyinglemur posted:

Just watched the reunion episode last night finally. Wife and I were taken aback how none of the queens thought Kameron should win, until I read that the reunion was filmed AFTER the finale was shot (and perhaps that explains some of the shade). I know the spoiler is out there, and I don't want to know, but did they do the thing they always do where they film 4 different endings so no one knows?

It's VH motherfucking 1. They can't pony up for a live finale? Even Ink Master can figure out how to do it - it's awkward but they still do it.

I think someone in here said they shot two crownings, one for each queen in the final lip sync since they're doing the lip sync battle format again.

They could totally do a live finale if they really wanted to, but spoilers and gossip have become such a huge part of the show's stamp on the internet that I almost think it's intentional at this point. It would be far from the shadiest thing WoW has done.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The whole sequence where everyone went in on Kameron for being an introvert basically proved to her that she was right to keep to herself during the show god drat. Dusty basically showed that she was fake as hell because she started off by being "nice" (or intrusive) in the workroom and then decided to attack her when Kameron didn't respond in a satisfactory manner. It was really bizarre that Monet didn't understand that Kameron said that she wanted to throw shade but didn't meant that she wanted to be sassy and rambunctious with the rest of the queens but her introvert nature combined with her imposter syndrome drained her of any confidence that she could act that way.

As for the Vixen thing obviously it went down horribly and bless Asia's big heart but I'm the wrong shade of skin to meaningfully comment on the race issues.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Eej posted:

The whole sequence where everyone went in on Kameron for being an introvert basically proved to her that she was right to keep to herself during the show god drat. Dusty basically showed that she was fake as hell because she started off by being "nice" (or intrusive) in the workroom and then decided to attack her when Kameron didn't respond in a satisfactory manner. It was really bizarre that Monet didn't understand that Kameron said that she wanted to throw shade but didn't meant that she wanted to be sassy and rambunctious with the rest of the queens but her introvert nature combined with her imposter syndrome drained her of any confidence that she could act that way.

As for the Vixen thing obviously it went down horribly and bless Asia's big heart but I'm the wrong shade of skin to meaningfully comment on the race issues.

Everybody being dumb toward Kameron was definitely weird but I get how Monet could take what Kameron said the way she did.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
The more I see posts here, the more I put off watching the reunion show. It sounds like it will just make me kind of mad, and the news does that enough right now. I haven't seen any spoilers for who yet through careful avoidance, so I'm just going to live in my happy world where Asia totally wins the gently caress out of the whole thing :neckbeard:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tendai posted:

The more I see posts here, the more I put off watching the reunion show. It sounds like it will just make me kind of mad, and the news does that enough right now. I haven't seen any spoilers for who yet through careful avoidance, so I'm just going to live in my happy world where Asia totally wins the gently caress out of the whole thing :neckbeard:

The only thing you really need to take away from the reunion show is that Miss Vanjie is doing really well for herself

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Good, because no makeup tutorial has ever made me laugh that hard.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

While this has been a great season I'm so ready to get my Thursdays back, between this and All-Stars it's been a long (and great) first half of the year.

And tomorrow I'm going to watch it in a bar and celebrate my gayness with others in clear defiance to the news these last few days.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

finale tomorrow night!! will the producers crown the deserving aquaria? the heavenly asia?

forget the winner. lets talk about best finale songs. for me, the naomi smalls LEGS song is pretty unbeatable

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I can barely remember any of the finale songs to be honest but every so often "Fat Fem and Asian" pops into my head.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
‘I don’t like to show off’ is a drat good song just completely independently of drag race imo, also the season6 finale intro song

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the only song that matters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVoy1m14RBQ

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

esperterra posted:

the only song that matters:

Rectangle girls of the world.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

actually in retrospect all the songs from the s8 finale were good. peak lucien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlSJGesm4R0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuGvnPn16v8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU5ns8wGiGM

the first time this came on i was absolutely losing it. it's terrific. michelle visage, the fourth rectangle girl of the world, does not love it. and her disgusted face adds so so much.

also it was after her season but i completely sincerely love the song "Lucy" by sharon needles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5yw0EZxui4

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Let's end this season where we started, by getting these cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOEK224NgI4

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

No love for Violet's "Too Many Daddies, Not Enough Time"?!

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

god drat Yuhua

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

These looks! :discourse:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Someone tell me if eureka wins so I can skip town for a week to avoid hearing my wife complain about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i look forward to the next democratic president appearing on RPDR

• Locked thread