Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

I have that one which I got for 20 bucks on clearance at a barns and noble. Never played it.

Maybe never will because I’ve yet to meet anyone who would be down to play an X Files board game of all things.

Oh dang, that’s a great price. Amazon had it for $30 for a while, and now it’s daft money. It’s basically a x-files skinned Arkham Horror, apparently. Right up my alley, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is Arkham Horror the one with like 20 different decks of cards that takes an hour just to set up?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh dang, that’s a great price. Amazon had it for $30 for a while, and now it’s daft money. It’s basically a x-files skinned Arkham Horror, apparently. Right up my alley, really.

If it’s all monster of the week and zero mytharc I would love an X-Files Arkham horror board game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just found out they made Encouragement of Climb Nendoroids, and they came with the beast accessory, a rocky incline

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Some stupid motherfucker in here said Nendoroids were as bad as Pops. Like...what. LOOK AT THAT.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Whether you appreciate the anime aesthetic or not you've got to admit Nendoroids do a fantastic job of rendering it in 3 dimensions

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My only problem with nendoroids is that they keep making nendos of stuff I'd rather have as a figma.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 25, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nanigans posted:

Some stupid motherfucker in here said Nendoroids were as bad as Pops. Like...what. LOOK AT THAT.
Yeah what a dumbass. That looks way worse than a Pop.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The chibi aesthetic is dumb as gently caress imo and the only Nendoroid where it ever worked was the Wind Waker Link but I'm generally against creepy otaku looking toys so what do I know (nothing).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

The chibi aesthetic is dumb as gently caress imo and the only Nendoroid where it ever worked was the Wind Waker Link but I'm generally against creepy otaku looking toys so what do I know (nothing).

:same:

Anyone seen Silver Surfer or Thing in the wild yet? I also still need that Johnny Storm...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

99% of female Marvel Legends have blow up sex doll faces so don't think you're any less creepy than the rest of them, perverts.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

99% of female Marvel Legends have blow up sex doll faces so don't think you're any less creepy than the rest of them, perverts.

Are you secretly that dude who considers his realdoll to be the same as an action figure?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but I have no illusions of normalcy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

I guess I haven’t seen enough sex dolls but I think the female marvel legends faces have been pretty good for quite a while now. They are similar enough that you can tell that the same sculptor is handling most of them, but I’m okay with that and it doesn’t feel as egregious as the flat-faced DC Universe Classics figures that were really obviously all done by the same sculptor.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They spread the eyes too far apart on a lot of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I guess I haven’t seen enough sex dolls but I think the female marvel legends faces have been pretty good for quite a while now. They are similar enough that you can tell that the same sculptor is handling most of them, but I’m okay with that and it doesn’t feel as egregious as the flat-faced DC Universe Classics figures that were really obviously all done by the same sculptor.

The Jean from the Cyclops 2-pack didn't have the wide eyed blank stare, plus the vintage Widow. But that hasn't been eliminated universally yet.

The new Psylocke still has it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Aphrodite posted:

My only problem with nendoroids is that they keep making nendos of stuff I'd rather has as a figma.

Same, the only Nendo that I have is Majora's Mask Link because the Majora's Mask it comes with is awesome.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The Jean from the Cyclops 2-pack didn't have the wide eyed blank stare, plus the vintage Widow. But that hasn't been eliminated universally yet.

The new Psylocke still has it.

New Psylocke uses the Silk head mold, so that's not surprising.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jim, get me Asian Female off the shelf. Probably needs some dusting.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Marvel Legends has a big problem with emotionless, blank faces.

Goodsmile will usually try to give their figures some kind of personality. Even if it is just yelling

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

They're getting way better about that though. The bullseye head in particular is a thing of beauty.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

purple death ray posted:

Whether you appreciate the anime aesthetic or not you've got to admit Nendoroids do a fantastic job of rendering it in 3 dimensions

And packing awesome accessories and different facial expressions, etc. It takes the same concept of Pops (big head/small body) but it actually gives the characters expressions (multiple ones, often).

I still only have the WW Link, Kirby, and soon the Pop Team Epic ones, but the arbitrary pseudo-racism of hating on Japanese poo poo solely for being associated with perverts in this thread has to stop. Batman and Darth Vader toys can hang out with Goku and Pikachu toys without making you into some kind of sex criminal.

We're all adults posting about plastic effigies of fictional people on a dying forum. Not really the place to start casting stones (unless they're aimed at Pops because they look like poo poo)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Figma/Figuart price point also allows for swap out heads/faces for expression changes. Not so much for Marvel Legends.

https://twitter.com/FakeEyes22/status/1011057864838991873

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

They're getting way better about that though. The bullseye head in particular is a thing of beauty.

Doc Oc, Tiger Stripe Wolverine and Multiple Man are also recent examples where they've added some personality to the sculpts but yeah, in general Legends faces are dull.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nanigans posted:

And packing awesome accessories and different facial expressions, etc. It takes the same concept of Pops (big head/small body) but it actually gives the characters expressions (multiple ones, often).

I still only have the WW Link, Kirby, and soon the Pop Team Epic ones, but the arbitrary pseudo-racism of hating on Japanese poo poo solely for being associated with perverts in this thread has to stop. Batman and Darth Vader toys can hang out with Goku and Pikachu toys without making you into some kind of sex criminal.

We're all adults posting about plastic effigies of fictional people on a dying forum. Not really the place to start casting stones (unless they're aimed at Pops because they look like poo poo)

Something Awful is still extremely stuck in the early 2000s internet. People here still hate furries and anime and get surprisingly upset when they get told not to call people homophobic names.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

purple death ray posted:

Something Awful is still extremely stuck in the early 2000s internet. People here still hate furries and anime and get surprisingly upset when they get told not to call people homophobic names.

As opposed to mainstream America which is totally cool with furries?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mainstream America doesn't know what furries are. If they do they're like "huh. Gross" meanwhile if furries are brought up on sa you will have ten goons Kramer into the thread to tell you how much they hate furries and usually how much they want to kill them

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alright

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Same for the new Sabretooth.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The only time anyone in this thread makes fun of anime figures it's when it's creepy poo poo like those figures of girls with handle bars on their asses.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Super 7 just announced their Heman SDCC exclusive:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He-Man owns.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I want that figure.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Havoc904 posted:

I'm trying to downsize the size of my collection, selling stuff I even really like, but damnit it's stuff like this that makes that so hard.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Havoc904 posted:

God dammit. I really don’t want to want an exclusive that badly.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Havoc904 posted:

It's my greatest toy collecting hope that Super 7 reissue Filmation He-Man. I really want to go all in on the filmmation line but can't get one online for less than $200 shipped and don't want to start the collection without him and Skeletor. After Matty changed their international shipping options a few years ago the price on MOTUC and DCUC went up to about $90 a figure in this neck of the woods and it killed most people collecting them out here. There were maybe a dozen dealers who had subs they'd then sell here and overnight it dropped down to only one shop would carry them.

Fuzz posted:

Anyone seen Silver Surfer or Thing in the wild yet? I also still need that Johnny Storm...

The Surfer turned up in Singapore last week, we typically get hasbro stuff about six to eight weeks earlier than most. There's always a few exceptions every year though, the latest black series assortment with 4lom just turned up here Friday and I'd heard of people finding those at target for like two months now stateside.

Speaking of black series, I picked up The Hero of the Battle of Hoth a few days ago and forgive me but I must gush about him

From the thumbnails I saw prior to release I wasn't sure but he's using the tarkin body, though the badge and pips are different and his armor/headgear are removable. I'm guessing this is the same cap that's going to be on Piett (who I'm told is pushed back to august) and sadly doesn't fit on Krennic. The helmet and armor fit perfectly, the holster fits and latches properly, they just did everything right on ol' Maximillian Veers here:

The face scan is great and even the rivets and such on the back of his helmet are painted nicely. For me, this is the second best figure Hasbro has made this year after Rex.

Sooper Gila fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 26, 2018

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Neat, Hot Toys SDCC exclusive is gonna be an Iron Man repaint, but with that same paint stuff they are using for the new Black Panther figure.

It's a black gloss coat, with neon blue lines on him. Looks like a Tron crossover. Kinda neat, but drat I know it's gonna cost an arm and a leg, and I'm still happy with just my autopsy suit.

On the other hand, I just saw a pre order for a clothing set for Tony from Infinity War called something like a Nano Protect suit, so that's kinda cool. Might grab a RDJ head sculpt to show that off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sooper Gila posted:

It's my greatest toy collecting hope that Super 7 reissue Filmation He-Man. I really want to go all in on the filmmation line but can't get one online for less than $200 shipped and don't want to start the collection without him and Skeletor. After Matty changed their international shipping options a few years ago the price on MOTUC and DCUC went up to about $90 a figure in this neck of the woods and it killed most people collecting them out here. There were maybe a dozen dealers who had subs they'd then sell here and overnight it dropped down to only one shop would carry them.

The Surfer turned up in Singapore last week, we typically get hasbro stuff about six to eight weeks earlier than most. There's always a few exceptions every year though, the latest black series assortment with 4lom just turned up here Friday and I'd heard of people finding those at target for like two months now stateside.

Speaking of black series, I picked up The Hero of the Battle of Hoth a few days ago and forgive me but I must gush about him

From the thumbnails I saw prior to release I wasn't sure but he's using the tarkin body, though the badge and pips are different and his armor/headgear are removable. I'm guessing this is the same cap that's going to be on Piett (who I'm told is pushed back to august) and sadly doesn't fit on Krennic. The helmet and armor fit perfectly, the holster fits and latches properly, they just did everything right on ol' Maximillian Veers here:

The face scan is great and even the rivets and such on the back of his helmet are painted nicely. For me, this is the second best figure Hasbro has made this year after Rex.

I’m really looking forward to this figure, and I’m not even a huge Imperial collector. It’s just a great looking figure, and it’s nice to finally get a BS release with more than one accessory again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Huh, grab a Veers, make a Scaroth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

purple death ray posted:

Kramer into the thread

This is loving hilarious. A+.