Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

AAB posted:

This is in theory and could be totally wrong what the remainder of season 2 looks like

This is good but it should be IB/Faction/Solstice/Faction/IB/Faction and add a fourth rally to compensate for the fact that people were left to the whims of RNG to get armor the first two times.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Craptacular! posted:

This is good but it should be IB/Faction/Solstice/Faction/IB/Faction and add a fourth rally to compensate for the fact that people were left to the whims of RNG to get armor the first two times.
If they were being real smart they’d go IB, Faction, IB, Solstice, Faction, IB, Faction since it means not having to move the dates of the holiday and we get 4 of each that way.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mercurius posted:

If they were being real smart they’d go IB, Faction, IB, Solstice, Faction, IB, Faction since it means not having to move the dates of the holiday and we get 4 of each that way.

I support this sort of nonstop insanity tbh, it is a part of why I play the game

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

my dude I just put what bingo bango has confirmed as far as number of events goes. solstice could go through the end of the season ungated. who the gently caress knows.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Craptacular! posted:

I think the whole $60 client -> $30 DLC -> $60 -> $30 plan suggests Activision wanted to do the Call of Duty thing without having to climb multiple studios working concurrently on different years of content.

Three studios worked on Destiny 2 and its DLC content. Bungie alone has 700~ employees. 699 of them are managers, but thats the point.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

And the 700th guy is part time and works from home.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Siljmonster posted:

Three studios worked on Destiny 2 and its DLC content. Bungie alone has 700~ employees. 699 of them are managers, but thats the point.

Talking about the plan back in D1's day. That's all shot to hell, and Activision is probably deliberately interested in getting studios who can emulate "the Bungie feel" or whatever in preparation for the moment they decide to sell the IP and go make mobile games for the Chinese market.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Working in the games industry is a living hell and I hope everyone at Bungie realizes that as we complain at the shitshow that is their means of production.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It is entirely possible that their no-crunch policy combined with Activision's deadlines made with expectations of crunch have in part led to this problem

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Eej posted:

It is entirely possible that their no-crunch policy combined with Activision's deadlines made with expectations of crunch have in part led to this problem

Undoubtedly but also their project management is also fuckin garbage

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I had no idea about this regarding Meditations:

So meditations are worth 20,000 XP and they count toward your clan xp. Welp.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
What?? That can’t be right. Really?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night I hit level 19 and a bit before that I got to choose an exotic weapon, and went for the graviton lance pulse rifle. It is kind of wonderful. Killing an enemy turns them into a pair of grenades that seek out other people and can cause chain reactions in large groups! :D

Are all exotics like this? I did not realise there was a little bit of Borderlands in Destiny and weird guns with cool things is one of the great things about the Borderlands games.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

VideoGames posted:

Last night I hit level 19 and a bit before that I got to choose an exotic weapon, and went for the graviton lance pulse rifle. It is kind of wonderful. Killing an enemy turns them into a pair of grenades that seek out other people and can cause chain reactions in large groups! :D

Are all exotics like this? I did not realise there was a little bit of Borderlands in Destiny and weird guns with cool things is one of the great things about the Borderlands games.
The intent is that they’re all supposed to be like that but in practice only a few of them seriously change mechanics:
  • Sunshot (which I think may have been another choice from that quest) is a handcannon that also makes enemies that you kill explode and can cause chain reaction explosions when the explosion kills something else
  • Riskrunner (I think this was the last reward choice) is a submachine gun that shoots chain lightning if you get hit by arc energy while you have it out
  • Telesto is a fusion rifle that shoots out a cluster of sticky exploding needles
  • Hard Light is an auto rifle that shoots out bouncing bullets with very long range
  • Wardcliff Coil is a rocket launcher that shoots out a swarm of drunken heat seeking micro missiles
  • Sleeper Simulant is a linear fusion rifle that shoots a big fusion bolt that will split into 5 and ricochet if it hits a hard surface
  • Tractor Cannon is a shotgun that boops anything it hits so it goes flying away from you and lets you kill things through physics damage

There are a lot more exotics (and I’m probably missing a some more of the interesting ones) but most are sort of like ‘weapon, but better’ rather than doing weird and crazy stuff.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I really enjoy The Huckleberry.

SMG with Ride The Bull. Every kill you make adds ammo to the chamber, increases the fire rate... and increases the recoil. It chews through crowds of wimps hilariously well, and sucks at pretty much everything else.

It's not good but it's fun.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Relentless posted:

I really enjoy The Huckleberry.

SMG with Ride The Bull. Every kill you make adds ammo to the chamber, increases the fire rate... and increases the recoil. It chews through crowds of wimps hilariously well, and sucks at pretty much everything else.

It's not good but it's fun.
Huckleberry is actually quite good but I was counting that and things like SUROS Regime, Sweet Business, D.A.R.C.I, Merciless, Vigilance Wing and Crimson as stuff that's in the 'archetype but better' category rather than the 'does cool and weird stuff' category that VG was surprised that some of the stuff was.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

That one moon map in vanilla even had Pikes and Turrets you could drive in crucible, because they wanted to be Unlicensed Halo so bad. It's unfortunate they listened to the streamers who are good at the game and wanted skill-based ground combat, and ignored the people who aren't good and want to run over that streamer with a nearly invincible tank; because that second game would have been much more fun.

That would've been tight

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Big vehicle maps didn't work with everyone having a sniper hth

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Craptacular! posted:

That one moon map in vanilla even had Pikes and Turrets you could drive in crucible, because they wanted to be Unlicensed Halo so bad. It's unfortunate they listened to the streamers who are good at the game and wanted skill-based ground combat, and ignored the people who aren't good and want to run over that streamer with a nearly invincible tank; because that second game would have been much more fun.

streamers were the last ones who wanted ground based combat, the ability to take advantage of vertical space was what helped separate the wheat from the chaff and bungie explicitly, as in, confirmed in interviews explicit, nerfed aerial combat to reduce the skill ceiling and let the shitters feel like they were on a more even playing field

there's this stupid tendency to blame "the streamers" for all of the inherent issues in d2 pvp and it doesnt make sense because every change bungie made was either the monkey's pawiest version of what high level players asked for or an explicit attempt to help lovely players and nerf what good players could take advantage of

also mega lol if you think good players ever had to worry about being run over by a vehicle when all of them left the driver's head exposed for a quickscope with the ol' icebreaker

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Relentless posted:

The Huckleberry.

It's not good

This guy with the name of a good gun as his screenname is incapable of telling which guns are good.

Mercurius posted:

Huckleberry is actually quite good

Correct! Unless I need another exotic for something specific, I raid with it. Castellum and Gauntlet specifically with MW Huckleberry will make you jizz.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
The Huckleberry and the antiope-D are two of my favorite guns in this game so far. I love how they melt everything that comes close to you and I always have a hard time deciding which one to play with.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

My extended coop group had their second run at the raid yesterday. Completed the baths on like the third try and managed to finally get enough people through the gauntlet to finish it. The gardens however seem just as unlikely to be finished as before. Any tips (aside from the obligatory git gud which is not gonna happen anyway)? What in god's name triggers the beasts? Does crouching actually make a difference?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Crouching does not, sprinting seems to, as does jumping over them when you're one of the prism guys and jumping on the ground. Apart from that it's mainly learning the safe paths to take and when you have enough time to reach the flowers.

Also try killing all the dogs at the same time, if some are dead you get less time to sneak around.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The garden is clumsy and insane and I hate it

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The garden is actually really easy once you get used to it, especially once you have good gear since you can nuke the dogs with low/no stacks.

You could try having a look at the paths in this slideshow https://docs.google.com/presentatio...g2567c295e1_0_0 (slide 26)

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

The gardens is generally my moment of rest in the raid, it gets super easy if you know the paths and have people with lasers paying attention. We’ve carried a couple newbie groups through it as well in the last weeks in one or two attempts so it can’t be that bad. Just hit up eurogoons if you want a carry or friendship or something.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Can confirm that Geonetix is our espionage action ground leader super star. Just follow that man and it all works out.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

geonetix posted:

The gardens is generally my moment of rest in the raid, it gets super easy if you know the paths and have people with lasers paying attention. We’ve carried a couple newbie groups through it as well in the last weeks in one or two attempts so it can’t be that bad. Just hit up eurogoons if you want a carry or friendship or something.

I second that. I'm one of the noobs that got carried this week. The eurogoons are incredibly patient and I had a great time.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

This is one legit hilarious tweet. I love their error names.

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1011265974811545600

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Small update nobody cares about : thanks to the tips by everyone and that awesome presentation we made it through the gardens one the first try OK well 5 of us were practicing routes for an hour while waiting for number 6.
After that we had a few tries at Calus but that's for next time I guess, there wasn't really time anyway.

So thanks again, guys.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Sereri posted:

Small update nobody cares about : thanks to the tips by everyone and that awesome presentation we made it through the gardens one the first try OK well 5 of us were practicing routes for an hour while waiting for number 6.
After that we had a few tries at Calus but that's for next time I guess, there wasn't really time anyway.

So thanks again, guys.

:yayclod:

Don't hesitate to pop into our discord (https://discord.gg/EMrKWZD) if you have any questions about raids and stuff

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Sereri posted:

So thanks again, guys.

The secret to calus is the ligma strat if you wan to know how to do it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i'm not licking your balls unless you buy me a few drinks first

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

My clan is inactive and I've been rolling solo in pvp. I haven't won't a match in two days. Game working as intended?

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Update: I've not been on a team that's even had the lead during this time.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Turkey Farts posted:

Update: I've not been on a team that's even had the lead during this time.

Uninstall, bro

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I uninstalled cause i needed room for total warhams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Turkey Farts posted:

My clan is inactive and I've been rolling solo in pvp. I haven't won't a match in two days. Game working as intended?
Destiny PvP is very bad

• Locked thread