Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plebian Parasite posted:

yea, 8 deluxe is a 'new' one.

ill destroy you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’ll second the waverace revival. Blue storm was sick

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ExciteBots 2

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

elf help book posted:

ExciteBots 2

ExciteMechs is the obvious progression here.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the next mario kart is a phone game

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

elf help book posted:

id want arms guy over crash

Spring Man is coming to SmUsh.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Remember Excite Truck for the Wii?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

New Mario tennis game just arrived, already noticed a typo smdh

NienNunb posted:

Remember Excite Truck for the Wii?

Was it any good? The only reason I remember it is because it was a launch game. I never played it besides at an in store demo for twenty seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Near can also be a verb.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
"near" works as a transitive verb, so it's technically correct, but it's clunky. Must've been the guy who got suda51 last year at E3 if he didn't get fired that same day.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

New Mario tennis game just arrived, already noticed a typo smdh

Near can be a verb. I agree it is a bit of a garden path sentence though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hey guy. Near can be a verb. You filthy animal! gently caress you!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Holy crap learning some grammar schooling today from The Zone

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Next up: Uncle at Nintendo criticizes Nintendo when a game uses "itch" as an intransitive verb, when it is clear that Waluigi isn't scratching anything.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

In Training posted:

Hey guy. Near can be a verb. You filthy animal! gently caress you!

He shouldn't near the imp zone ever again after that mishap.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to "near" an exit bag after that mishap. It was nice knowing you all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is it true that the competitive online is time limited events only in the full release.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

is it true that the competitive online is time limited events only in the full release.

No. There's a tournament every month in the foreseeable future to unlock a character but those tournaments are always up.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

There's no ranked and there's also no way in MP (online or local) to play a full tennis match which is really bizarre, it's like releasing a baseball game limited to 3 innings or something. I understand that's a long commitment for matchmaking but you should be able to do it with friends

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The game definitely needs more options for free play, that's for sure. The tournament structure is fine for playing against randoms though, imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

There's no ranked and there's also no way in MP (online or local) to play a full tennis match which is really bizarre, it's like releasing a baseball game limited to 3 innings or something. I understand that's a long commitment for matchmaking but you should be able to do it with friends

Or have a Full Match hopper. That's dumb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can play a set which is called "extended play" but the default in free play is set to tie-breakers for some reason. I think the game is balanced around 1 set because of the racket breaking thing, but they could just give you more rackets for multiple sets.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't mind the shorter sets for randoms because the pace of the matches from the demo was great. I'm just surprised there's no option st all for longer sets

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

can't beleive nintendo's online is consistently terrible

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

No. There's a tournament every month in the foreseeable future to unlock a character but those tournaments are always up.

I'm actually excited about that aspect for some silly reason.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
ExciteTruck was good and I'd imagine ExciteBots was even better.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

thinking about Nintendo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Playing Mario Odyssey for the first time. The New Donk City Festival is the best thing I've ever experienced in a game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you wake up and don’t want to smile
If it takes just a little while
Open your eyes and look at the day
You’ll see things in a different way
Don’t stop

an actual dog posted:

thinking about Nintendo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Playing Mario Odyssey for the first time. The New Donk City Festival is the best thing I've ever experienced in a game.

It nearly made me cry.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

I cried a little.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

FactsAreUseless posted:

It preys on nostalgia like crazy, but if there's anyone that can make nostalgia feel good it is nintendo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I stayed in that scene for like 5 hours cause I never wanted it to end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

its curtains for Kevin posted:

It preys on nostalgia like crazy, but if there's anyone that can make nostalgia feel good it is nintendo.
I have no nostalgia for Donkey Kong. It's just really well done. Nintendo are allowed to celebrate one of their longest-running characters.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is Mario a millennial? How old do y'all think Mario is?

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Mario is 25 years old.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

an actual dog posted:

I cried a little.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If you wake up and don’t want to smile
If it takes just a little while
Open your eyes and look at the day
You’ll see things in a different way
Don’t stop

Every year is better than before.

I was thinking about bayo 3 today and how I’m upset there is no new info from e3 about it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mario is like 28, Luigi is 24, Wario is in his early to mid 50s, Waluigi is between 18-21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario is a video game character.