Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aren't polygraphs almost totally bullshit anyway?

They are inadmissible in court due to the way they can be interpreted differently by different polygraph people.

Also Ed was in the Navy and some accident caused damage to his voicebox or something so thats why is voice is that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Aren't polygraphs almost totally bullshit anyway?

Yes. Along with "Hypnotists".

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Basically all a polygraph can do is measure if you're nervous and if you experience different physical reactions (supposedly involuntary but that's debatable) with different questions. Obviously if you're hooked up to a machine and being interrogated you're going to be nervous.

Just look at how many people on the show may have "failed" the first question about their name (Fred, Benjy, Shuli, etc.). A polygraph would categorize that as a lie but it was just confusion about what to answer because the subject's real name is not what people call them.

I always cringe a little when people call it a lie detector.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

Basically all a polygraph can do is measure if you're nervous and if you experience different physical reactions (supposedly involuntary but that's debatable) with different questions. Obviously if you're hooked up to a machine and being interrogated you're going to be nervous.

Just look at how many people on the show may have "failed" the first question about their name (Fred, Benjy, Shuli, etc.). A polygraph would categorize that as a lie but it was just confusion about what to answer because the subject's real name is not what people call them.

I always cringe a little when people call it a lie detector.

Yeah, they're bullshit. A great scene in "The Wire" tells it like it is where the polygraph administrator comes out and tells the cops, "if you want him to fail, I can say he failed; if you want him to pass, I can say he passed."

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah, they're bullshit. A great scene in "The Wire" tells it like it is where the polygraph administrator comes out and tells the cops, "if you want him to fail, I can say he failed; if you want him to pass, I can say he passed."

Id trust one as much as the xerox machine in the last season loaded with truth and false papers in the feeder!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Viktor posted:

Id trust one as much as the xerox machine in the last season loaded with truth and false papers in the feeder!

Is this the same scene where they walked the suspect's buddy by the room holding a McDonalds bag, pretending he sold the dude out?

Season 5 started amazingly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

From a local FB group:

*click*

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
DIRECT ALL PARADE QUESTIONS TO THE KUKKAKAUPA

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Is this the same scene where they walked the suspect's buddy by the room holding a McDonalds bag, pretending he sold the dude out?

Season 5 started amazingly.

Indeed, love it so much!

NSFW
https://youtu.be/AJ5aIvjNgao

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Hey now.

Does anyone know the first time they addressed “let’s gently caress some whores”? Like around what date? I’ve got most of that era on mp3 but marksfriggin was no help last time I searched.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

hanales posted:

Hey now.

Does anyone know the first time they addressed “let’s gently caress some whores”? Like around what date? I’ve got most of that era on mp3 but marksfriggin was no help last time I searched.

Was it Bubba's wedding?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Bonzo posted:

Was it Bubba's wedding?

That was the big blow up but it was his “catch phrase” by then. I figured it must have originated somewhere.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

hanales posted:

Hey now.

It’s audio from a random appearance at an opening of a strip club. Ricks Las Vegas maybe

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Those Ronnie clips are from the first three or four weeks of them being on Sirius iirc. I listened to 2006 last year and was surprised how early they played it. Doug Goodstein was involved somehow on the recording, I think it was some early HowardTV bullshit.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

kylej posted:

Those Ronnie clips are from the first three or four weeks of them being on Sirius iirc. I listened to 2006 last year and was surprised how early they played it. Doug Goodstein was involved somehow on the recording, I think it was some early HowardTV bullshit.

Ahh. Would that have been around the time of “the station did a horrible thing, nobody comes, nobody calls, what kind of business is this?????”

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
They tried to kill us with gas, it didn't work.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 26, 2018

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

hanales posted:

Ahh. Would that have been around the time of “the station did a horrible thing, nobody comes, nobody calls, what kind of business is this?????”

That segment is an absolute treasure. If you for ever one second doubted any of Howard's stories about his mother, that voice mail is proof of everything and shows how severe and permanent the damage is that she inflicted on him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

hanales posted:

Easily one of the funniest moments I’ve had with this show.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Jared did a terrible thing. He put us in a rocket and shot us to Krypton and we're here living under the tyranny of the red sun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mexican Radio posted:

Jared did a terrible thing. He put us in a rocket and shot us to Krypton and we're here living under the tyranny of the red sun.

One of Howard's best late-career quotes. :newlol:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Mexican Radio posted:

He made your father put on a darth nihilus costume.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWnjZwh_80M

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

prefect posted:

One of Howard's best late-career quotes. :newlol:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/satishkolls/status/1012657500750057472?s=19

'Comedian' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that headline.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Thank god Stuttering John is famous for his honesty...

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Trump finally worked out it was a hoax when the Senator asked him what his favorite Niggerless Cage movie was.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
“Mr. Pre pre pre President, have you ever farted in your hand and smelled it?”

Two Kings fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 29, 2018

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Holy poo poo it's real... But what I've heard so far is very boring.

He gives a bababooey at the end at least

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 30, 2018

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

Holy poo poo it's real... But what I've heard so far is very boring.

He gives a bababooey at the end at least

JohnMelendez.txt

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What a boring waste. That could have been the most legendary prank phone call ever.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
oh, so he wasn't bluffing on Twitter? I just assumed this was another shameful attempt at grabbing some attention for his lovely podcast with a fake Trump.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It's the biggest whiff since Bababooey's pitch

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

That's the first mildly interesting thing John has done in 14 years.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/JakeSBender/status/1012796583883071488

You know Scott wanted to be this guy.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

That is not an achievement I would want publicly displayed.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

EngineerJoe posted:

That is not an achievement I would want publicly displayed.

I mean if you didn’t live in NYC or DC at the time life kind of went on as normal. Especially in small towns.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Eh, Boston was pretty hosed up, too.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

hanales posted:

I mean if you didn’t live in NYC or DC at the time life kind of went on as normal. Especially in small towns.

Dude, I lived in a small town in Canada and both my parents and I got told to take the day off. it wasn't a normal day by any stretch for people in small towns.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Odddzy posted:

Dude, I lived in a small town in Canada and both my parents and I got told to take the day off. it wasn't a normal day by any stretch for people in small towns.

So did we, but then people went about their lives. Did you sit in rapt attention for the rest of the day? Because I saw people at the grocery store, the mall by where I lived had a full parking lot. Bars and restaurants were packed with people talking and expressing their feelings or just drowning fear in food and alcohol. The world didn’t shut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I figured everyone was freaked the gently caress out on 9/11 and afraid to go anywhere and just glued to the tv all day.

Also if I'm that bowling alley I def remove the year or the day of the month because jfc lmao