Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I read chapter 2 of the Consulting manga and I highly recommend more people to check it out. It's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

https://twitter.com/konosubaanime/status/1011172423108972546

By explosion, rise up once more.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is that replacing or in addition to s3

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's not like they said NO SEASON 3 FOREVER but i'm pretty sure the last announcement was "new konosuba anime project!" which should be this movie, if that's what you mean.

Also, the movie's site lists JC Staff as the new studio on board, but, and I stress this point, all the key staff it lists are returnees. Director, composition, char design, composer.

I just say that because naturally the internet is rife with "NO DEEN! BUT THEN THE ANIME WON'T LOOK DUMB AND FUNNY" and like, a new studio will bring some changes, but there's a clear intent to preserve much of the show as well; imo those worries don't need to proliferate unchecked.

pls no bully

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
although it's kind of nice that for the first time in history, anime fans said "it won't be animated by DEEN? oh no!"

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I am so hyped for this. Konosuba is my favorite anime comedy ever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

As I'm currently reading the light novels, my hype levels are officially off the charts. Hell yeah

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Space Flower posted:

it's not like they said NO SEASON 3 FOREVER but i'm pretty sure the last announcement was "new konosuba anime project!" which should be this movie, if that's what you mean.

Also, the movie's site lists JC Staff as the new studio on board, but, and I stress this point, all the key staff it lists are returnees. Director, composition, char design, composer.

I just say that because naturally the internet is rife with "NO DEEN! BUT THEN THE ANIME WON'T LOOK DUMB AND FUNNY" and like, a new studio will bring some changes, but there's a clear intent to preserve much of the show as well; imo those worries don't need to proliferate unchecked.

pls no bully

Oh, is that why the characters look slightly off? Aqua more so than the others.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UchihaHirou posted:

Yeah, they don't look as derpy. But if they keep the goofiness and funky going-ons, my rear end is on that seat day 1!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NO DEEN! BUT THEN THE ANIME WON'T LOOK DUMB AND FUNNY!

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

UchihaHirou posted:

Aren't those the light novel illustration versions?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I dunno, I don't see LN Aqua's shimapan in that image. You do?

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Space Flower posted:

I dunno, I don't see LN Aqua's shimapan in that image. You do?

No, I honestly didn't know and spouted off before bothering to look them up myself and I'll go away and crawl inside a box now.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Beato Believer posted:

No, I honestly didn't know and spouted off before bothering to look them up myself and I'll go away and crawl inside a box now.

Sorry, to be more appropriate to the show it’s going to be a cage in the middle of a lake.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I believed in DEEN and am glad that others appreciated them too, but i'm just happy that we get more explosions and bullying, DEEN or no.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All I ask is that Darkness's chest be contained. Her overall shape evolved throughout the show, to the point I wondered if the character designers were just having fun pushing the envelope further.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder if it's going to be an original thing or if it's going to be volume 5. I'd assume the latter I suppose but none of the books are exactly demanding a lavish film treatment.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Agronox posted:

Sorry, to be more appropriate to the show it’s going to be a cage in the middle of a lake.

Made me snerk while waiting for a bus.
The nice Indian couple looked at me funny.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I assume you took the opportunity to introduce them to KonoSuba like a good person would? :colbert:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
No, they're too pure.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

No, they're too pure.
The only way to know this for sure is if they pick Aqua or Eris. Only those of pure heart know what the right choice of deity is.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Worship Explosion, imo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raxivace posted:

The only way to know this for sure is if they pick Aqua or Eris. Only those of pure heart know what the right choice of deity is.

Eris pads her breasts.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

chiasaur11 posted:

Eris pads her breasts.

That's what I hear! Who would do such a thing!?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's not much need to worry about it not being DEEN when every character on this poster is drawn wrong (except possibly best/worst girl Aqua)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Shinjobi posted:

All I ask is that Darkness's chest be contained. Her overall shape evolved throughout the show, to the point I wondered if the character designers were just having fun pushing the envelope further.

I'm almost positive its this. She was ludicrous towards the end of S2.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Vengarr posted:

I'm almost positive its this. She was ludicrous towards the end of S2.

https://wavemotioncannon.com/2017/02/07/konosuba-interview-with-koichi-kikuta-anime-style-009-july-2016/

"" posted:

Darkness’s proportions also look completely different than they do in the other episodes, don’t they?

Kikuta: Oh, they do? (laughs) Are you talking about her chest size?

The size and the way they hang.

Kikuta: I might have overdone it a bit there. When I was drawing her, I lost restraint. I had the feeling that her breasts were getting bigger—and what do you know? They were slowly but surely getting bigger. (laughs)

And yet her breasts droop according to the laws of gravity in a realistic way. Were you trying to make that realistic?

Kikuta: That has less to do with realism and more to do with me drawing whatever I like.

It doesn’t particularly follow the designs, huh?

Kikuta: Not at all. Even I thought that they were off.

(laughs)

Kikuta: I thought that her breasts were too big and that they don’t droop that low. I might have gone a bit overboard with the whole braless thing. My senses were numb at the time, and when I look at it now, I do think I overdid it. The same thing applies to the boob jiggles. Once I started putting them in, it felt like something was missing when they weren’t there.

In episode 1, the guild receptionist Luna’s breasts jiggled to a certain degree.

Kikuta: Back then, her hair swayed in the drawings, so I used the same frames to make her breasts jiggle while I was at it.

As the chief animation director, you made her boobs jiggle?

Kikuta: That’s right. (laughs)

And by contrast, the boobs in episode 9 jiggle all over the place.

Kikuta: Ah, yes. They jiggle even in the part before the OP. If the boobs jiggle even from such slight movements, then it would be strange if they didn’t move when they walk. That’s my rationale.

They jiggle even when they’re just eating food.

Kikuta: They do. (laughs)

The entire interview is hilarious.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
As someone once said: COMMENCE THE JIGGLIN'!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I can imagine him, half-feverish, numb to the world, drawing jiggle frames and correcting for bigger boobs in a caffeine-fueled trance.

Or maybe that's just standard operating procedure, considering their work schedules.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 26, 2018

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Jiggly Heaven.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's not much need to worry about it not being DEEN when every character on this poster is drawn wrong (except possibly best/worst girl Aqua)

Had to double check this with a rewatch (because any excuse is good enough) but it looks like their OVA episode styles.

And Aqua is indeed drawn wrong. She's not low-res out-of-focus thumbs-up looking into the prison style Aqua. Coming to stores near you!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

And Aqua is indeed drawn wrong. She's not low-res out-of-focus thumbs-up looking into the prison style Aqua. Coming to stores near you!

Accept no substitutes. :colbert:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

JC Staff is more than capable of making anime look dumb and funny

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I love/hate this great/poo poo goddess

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Character songs

Aqua
https://my.mixtape.moe/vnsaoo.webm

Darkness
https://my.mixtape.moe/gxvowc.webm

Megumin ft. Yunyun
https://my.mixtape.moe/kcomhu.webm

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That guy may be my hero

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi's song review: THEY'RE ALL GOOD

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The 14th volume is now being translated, with chapters posted weekly.

This one looks to be a YunYun/Crimson Demon focused volume and takes place in the Home of Crimson Magic. Needless to say, I am hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Vengarr posted:

The 14th volume is now being translated, with chapters posted weekly.

This one looks to be a YunYun/Crimson Demon focused volume and takes place in the Home of Crimson Magic. Needless to say, I am hype.

Megumin's last trip home was a riot, so you should be.