Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Laserface posted:

With a special review of the album Log Bomb by Bob Log.

Bog Law would actually be a decent doom band name. Offering it up to the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
New High On Fire drops in September: http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/high-on-fire-to-release-really-difficult-new-album-in-september

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

drat, the year of Matt Pike

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:worship:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Niiiice. More excited for this than I was for the new Sleep tbh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Sleep album and new High on Fire album in the same year?! What the hell did we do to deserve this? :swoon:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
40 years of wandering in the weed desert are really paying off this year.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It'd be cool if the blood moon from hell that destroys the world could hold off until after I get to hear the new HoF though. Hell, that feels like something that could summon the drat thing.

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1011341257686175745

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Good.

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times

Ben Nerevarine posted:

pretty badass

Rest in power Adrian.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Stoked to see YOB in Baltimore tomorrow. What's their setlist like this tour? Any cuts from Clearing The Path To Ascend?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure that Yob setlists are made up on the fly. Expect the first two tracks from the new album, Ablaze and The Screen, to start with and then the rest are whatever the gently caress they feel like.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
my buddy Dave is friends with Yob (i think they have the same tour manager), so they spent the day off in Richmond and he brought them to my brewery. i was gone by the time they showed up, but apparently they were super chill and two of our guys ended up hanging out in their tour bus crushing beers (along with one of the Windhand dudes).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I talked to Mike a bit last year and he really is a great guy. He treats you like an old friend. Real humble person.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Friends Are Evil posted:

Stoked to see YOB in Baltimore tomorrow. What's their setlist like this tour? Any cuts from Clearing The Path To Ascend?

This tour seems to be pretty heavy with cuts from Our Raw Heart. Surprisingly, nothing from Clearing The Path To Ascend. On the Asheville date, we did get a classic cut from The Unreal Never Lived. Quantum Mystic!!! I don't think they had been playing that on this tour. Regardless, we got more than our money's worth.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yup, Yob was great. First time seeing them. Mike looked so pumped to be alive he was triumphant! Bell witch also super cool even though there were a couple technical problems including the sound man kicking out a plug by mistake. Heavy Temple were a lot of fun and it was a good idea to have something a little different moodwise. You don’t see a ton of smiling in this kind of music so it was great seeing how happy the drummer was the whole time.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Snowy posted:

You don’t see a ton of smiling in this kind of music so it was great seeing how happy the drummer was the whole time.

his Monday night hangover lasted until late Tuesday, so that's good to hear!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

funkybottoms posted:

his Monday night hangover lasted until late Tuesday, so that's good to hear!

I meant the drummer from Heavy Temple, she didn’t look hung over at all :v:

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Bell Witch had to cancel their Philly and Boston appearances:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1698534516881884&id=136264673108884

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Yea, ugh was looking forward to seeing them tonight. Heavy Temple is replacing them but I already saw them at Days of Darkness last year :shrug:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
"Since their inception in 2014, these Sons Ov Midwestern Dankness have been perpetual slaves to the riff. Wanting nothing more than to do justice to the moniker they had chosen, the band wrote crushingly heavy riffs played at unnecessarily slow speeds and accompanied that music with vocals that would make the Dark Lord himself proud. Mix in some lyrics dripping with tongue-in-cheek innuendos about drug use and worshipping The Unholiest of Unholies and you have Weed Demon's first offering, Stoned to Death: five tracks of groove laden, stoned-out doom metal."

Excerpt from an official press release.

:negative:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Darthemed posted:

"Since their inception in 2014, these Sons Ov Midwestern Dankness have been perpetual slaves to the riff. Wanting nothing more than to do justice to the moniker they had chosen, the band wrote crushingly heavy riffs played at unnecessarily slow speeds and accompanied that music with vocals that would make the Dark Lord himself proud. Mix in some lyrics dripping with tongue-in-cheek innuendos about drug use and worshipping The Unholiest of Unholies and you have Weed Demon's first offering, Stoned to Death: five tracks of groove laden, stoned-out doom metal."

Excerpt from an official press release.

:negative:

Send that to @metaltxt

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is it the drummer? He kept laying forward across the drums while there was bass solo stuff going on. I figured it was just a performance thing but maybe he was in pain?

And because why not, here’s a few more blurry phone shots

E- oh yeah that’s Heavy Temple, Bell Witch, and Yob if it wasn’t obvious

Snowy fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 30, 2018

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This album/side project kind of mocks all of the "weed wizard goat witch" stuff and then ends up being heavy as poo poo and totally rad:

https://smokeddproductions.bandcamp.com/album/bow-before-the-altar-of-the-drugs

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Snowy posted:

Is it the drummer? He kept laying forward across the drums while there was bass solo stuff going on. I figured it was just a performance thing but maybe he was in pain?

They didn't say which one it was that was hurt, but both times I've seen them, which was after Adrian Guerra left, the drummer was doing the same thing, so I think it's part of his performance. Although I could also see it as dealing with chronic back problems.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Any gooners seeing Khemmis tonight?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Sending well wishes to Bell Witch. Super bummed I'm gonna miss them, but I'd rather they take the time off and recover than play a show and aggravate an injury or make their health worse.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Eat The Rich posted:

Any gooners seeing Khemmis tonight?

Nope. Saw them when they came through Somerville though and they sounded great.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Khemmis rules and they're real cool guys. I also saw them in Somerville and even though the sound person hosed up the vocals all night, they were still great. I saw them once before, early last year, at St. Vitus with Crypt Sermon and it was fantastic.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Black Pyramid is replacing Bell Witch tonight

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Yob was amazing last night. They really need to get someone else to engineer their albums because The Screen sounds like a totally different song live, the chugginess is more hidden behind the bass and it sounds a lot meaner. Other than the new stuff they threw in The Lie That Is Sin and ended with Burning the Altar, it was crazy. I also grabbed one of these cool posters made for the night

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

The show was pretty great. We had to leave before Khemmis finished but what I saw was really good. Those dudes have great stage presence.

High Priestess was really good. Super Usses was also very good.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Yeah, Yob rules again. Last time I saw them was a couple shows of the three dates they did last June at St. Vitus. Mike, while still giving it his best and doing well, was clearly worn out and still recovering from his illness. I was so happy to see him looking so much better last night. He really got into it and was great. Really put out a great stage presence. I think it's the best I've ever seen him. He's obviously really happy to be alive and back to where he should be. And of course, Aaron and Travis are incredible musicians in their own right. Yob is definitely one of the best live acts I've experienced.

Also, when I talked to Mike for a few minutes at the end of the show, he remembered me from past shows and that kinda made my night.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Khemmis was loving awesome tonight. Played the whole new album.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm actually curious to what Bell witch plays live if they aren't the main band. Mirror reaper is an 80 minute song. Are they playing older stuff? Or just sections from mirror reaper.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

The_Rob posted:

I'm actually curious to what Bell witch plays live if they aren't the main band. Mirror reaper is an 80 minute song. Are they playing older stuff? Or just sections from mirror reaper.

I wondered the same exact thing. As best I could tell, their entire set was indeed an abridged version of Mirror Reaper. It actually felt like a worm whole had opened, colors began to bleed and time slowed down to a cosmic crawl, but in reality I believe they played about a 45 minute set opening for Yob. Now that I think about it, may have just been from all the mushrooms we boofed on a fellow goons recommendations early that day.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I wondered the same exact thing. As best I could tell, their entire set was indeed an abridged version of Mirror Reaper. It actually felt like a worm whole had opened, colors began to bleed and time slowed down to a cosmic crawl, but in reality I believe they played about a 45 minute set opening for Yob. Now that I think about it, may have just been from all the mushrooms we boofed on a fellow goons recommendations early that day.

In OKC they played a condensed Mirror Reaper, so its not just the mushrooms.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah about 45 minutes of Mirror Reaper is what I think it was, but it was such an exhausting set that I can really only guess it was about that long. Like I said right after the show it felt like hearing a song end for the entire set and it is a weird feeling.

In my head I now class them as an "experience" band, kind of like I imagine Sunn to be. I've been to hundreds of shows at this point in my life and I have definitely never come across that before.

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times

Shakenbaker posted:

Yeah about 45 minutes of Mirror Reaper is what I think it was, but it was such an exhausting set that I can really only guess it was about that long. Like I said right after the show it felt like hearing a song end for the entire set and it is a weird feeling.

In my head I now class them as an "experience" band, kind of like I imagine Sunn to be. I've been to hundreds of shows at this point in my life and I have definitely never come across that before.

Rip Adrian, the original drummer. Mirror reaper is all about him and his passing, and dylon and jesse’s coming to terms with it. Beautiful intense show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Also the Bell Witch Mirror Reaper longsleeve loving rules