Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

oh my god. it’s like a sub forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anyway, the most instructive thing about the comic is that the koopas' idea of utopia is standing on the same platform forever just talking about themselves. You are communally compelled to listen to everyone's trite personal problems, and leaving that recursive world is wrong because doing anything is a form of aggression.

But where do they poop?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
how do the koopas speak the same language as Mario, and have concepts of feudalism, gender etc without knowledge of the kingdom? like it or not, the koopas live in a society

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

BUT WHERRE DO THEY POOP?!?!

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
They poop off the edge of the cliff, a metaphor for the developing world and first world anarchists.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
also there's no sex and mario only cums through involuntary nocturnal emissions

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Jizz Festival posted:

also there's no sex and mario only cums through involuntary nocturnal emissions

Sounds like my marriage amirite fellas? :grin:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
what if instead of super Mario brothers it's super manrio brothers, and it's just for the fellas

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anyway, the most instructive thing about the comic is that the koopas' idea of utopia is standing on the same platform forever just talking about themselves. You are communally compelled to listen to everyone's trite personal problems, and leaving that recursive world is wrong because doing anything is a form of aggression.

it is, in fact, hell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pauline indicted for massive Blagojevich-style corruption while serving as mayor of New Donk City

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

oh my god. it’s like a sub forum

The creatures outside looked from poster to koopa, and from koopa to poster, and from poster to koopa again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

daily pow-wows

What do pow wows have to do with it?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Dreddout posted:

The creatures outside looked from poster to koopa, and from koopa to poster, and from poster to koopa again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Its an inane existence. No one creates or builds, or has any interest or ambition into something other that talking about their dreams or whatever. They've convinced themselves that anything positive, (not merely indifferent) is immoral.

Its basically what hell looks like. Anyone healthy of mind would go insane, or slowly lose the will to live.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

"are koopas anarcho-primitivists" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

rudatron posted:

Its an inane existence. No one creates or builds, or has any interest or ambition into something other that talking about their dreams or whatever. They've convinced themselves that anything positive, (not merely indifferent) is immoral.

Its basically what hell looks like. Anyone healthy of mind would go insane, or slowly lose the will to live.

Yeah I agree SA sucks

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Zas posted:

"are koopas anarcho-primitivists" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Zas posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dreddout posted:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Dreddout posted:

Yeah I agree SA sucks

gently caress you every one of my posts is a creative masterpiece that I allow the rest of you to read out of largess.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

id say that the anprims ive met have been far more industrious, far more involved and far more friendly than any academic communist ive met tho

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
lol that was my desktop wallpaper 10+ years ago.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yandat posted:

do you guys think mario hosed the koopas in the intervening years

INTJ - 🏴 Anarchist 🏴 Pansexual - I gently caress w/ Koopas

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zas posted:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

frankenfreak posted:

lol that was my desktop wallpaper 10+ years ago.

:same:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anarchists are shutting down ice facilities across the country without reading any of the important texts, dont they know how dangerous that is?????

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zas posted:

I can't believe I have 51 pages of posts in that thread

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Al! posted:

anarchists are shutting down ice facilities across the country without reading any of the important texts, dont they know how dangerous that is?????

lmao that riff actually struck a nerve? :sad:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wow, y'all have really opened my eyes, at first I just lol'd at the comic but now I realize it's totally worthless because it doesn't have a blueprint for a utopian society and it's not the right kind of -ism.

Al! posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Autism Sneaks posted:

triggered, snowflake???

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
im not mad! im not mad!!

<the DSA No Homework Caucus has logged on>

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This is the second time u'v been snarky, and there's no reason for it. You can enjoy the stoner-mario comic, while acknowledging what it is, and what it is not. You said it was something it was not.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

rudatron posted:

This is the second time u'v been snarky, and there's no reason for it. You can enjoy the stoner-mario comic, while acknowledging what it is, and what it is not. You said it was something it was not.

What did I say, ruda? All I did was post the comic in this thread, and you Kramered along to go

rudatron posted:

Fyi that's not marxist, its leftcom/anarchist utopianism. Its stoner logic, not serious radicalism.

and the dance began from there. I never "claimed" it was something it wasn't

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
you guyz expectin' me tah read, an yah call this a FYAD-lite sub?? fahget abaht it!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

WampaLord posted:

What did I say, ruda? All I did was post the comic in this thread, and you Kramered along to go

and the dance began from there. I never "claimed" it was something it wasn't

you literally claimed it was not only "Marxist thought" but also more effective at spreading it than the seminal text of Marxism you utter rube

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
you said it was a way of spreading marxism.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

doing things other than reading 19th century politicial philosophy is bad praxis

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Autism Sneaks posted:

you literally claimed it was not only "Marxist thought" but also more effective at spreading it than the seminal text of Marxism you utter rube

"You have to read this giant ancient tome or you can't be on our team, hey wait where is everyone going?"

rudatron posted:

you said it was a way of spreading marxism.

I said it was an effective way of getting a pro-Marxist sympathy across, a type of class consciousness if you will, I didn't claim it was Capital: The Mario Comic.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
you're being extremely defensive over something that doesn't matter. I don't really care if you like it or dislike it, I only care if you've misunderstood something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

rudatron posted:

you're being extremely defensive over something that doesn't matter. I don't really care if you like it or dislike it, I only care if you've misunderstood something.

Okay, fine, I've "misunderstood" the comic, I love capitalism now, time to go earn me some profit because apparently I've been doing this whole thing wrong according to rudatron, who knows everything, including how I process Mario comics.

E: nm, too rude