Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Since you mention Tactic instead of Hone Cav, I'll recommend desperation over lancebreaker. Bring a dancer, double lances the hard way :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
When is the preview for the next legendary banner supposed to pop up?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think it's probably a few hours before the next reset? It comes out on the 28th, so before the reset on the 27th. Whatever that translates into in your timezone.

I always want to say like "tomorrow at midday" but obviously that's not at all true for many of you.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Done with my fourth +10 merge :toot: Will probably give her Speed Tactics if I ever pull a Legendary Lyn or if they release it as a seal.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Retcon posted:

Done with my fourth +10 merge :toot: Will probably give her Speed Tactics if I ever pull a Legendary Lyn or if they release it as a seal.

Does Sophia do work at low merges with just close counter and like an owl tomb?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What am I supposed to do with my stamina now?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Washout posted:

Does Sophia do work at low merges with just close counter and like an owl tomb?
I don‘t see why not, Sophia really likes getting more defensive stats from merges but the Owltome takes care of that if you put enough allies next to her.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Elyv posted:

Noticeboard says Infantry Rush fix and 5 orbs, yeah

Sweet those five orbs can replace the ones i wasted on sniping and ending up with Draug. Again.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I'm thinking about this for Earth season. I don't have any other Bonus Unit for the arena. And I have to erase my Water Blessing to put on an Earth here for Neph. But I need a built up blue.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Just realised there was a commander support option, do we know exactly what it does? Is it a powerful stat boost or should I just stick on a primo waifu?

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

Just realised there was a commander support option, do we know exactly what it does? Is it a powerful stat boost or should I just stick on a primo waifu?

It gives HP+5 and eventually +2 to every stat at S Rank. I’d say put it on someone you use in Arena, but most people Summoner Support their waifu, I guess.

Also it changes the background on the one character that’s got the support in their status screen

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Vitamin P posted:

It literally puts them on a pedestal and +2 to all stats so best on a mixed tank, a lot of people put it on thier favorite dragon or blade mage. aTiki with the new fog breath +5/5 is amazing with summoner support and fury.

Washout fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 26, 2018

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Vitamin P posted:

When it's maxed out, it gives +5 HP and +2 everything else. Toss it on your waifu or someone else you use a lot.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Onmi posted:

I'm thinking about this for Earth season. I don't have any other Bonus Unit for the arena. And I have to erase my Water Blessing to put on an Earth here for Neph. But I need a built up blue.

What program is that?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

tithin posted:

What program is that?
https://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thoughts on this arena core? how can I increase my score?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Dual rallies usually are used if you are trying to Max BST, and an aoe special on Robin.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Aether, a dual-rally and a higher-scoring seal on Robin.
A dual-rally and a higher-scoring B slot on Cordy.
A dual-rally and more merges on Fae.
More merges, a dual-rally, Aether and a higher-scoring seal on Celica.
Ditch them for 40+10 optimized armour units.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Celica slot is for the bonus unit of the week.

Do dual rallies really matter that much more than movement stuff?

Is there a benefit to swapping out the hones for tactics stuff?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

tithin posted:

Do dual rallies really matter that much more than movement stuff?
In terms on optimized gameplay, it mostly makes it worse unless it's paired with a Feint skill or buffing a blade tome. In terms of optimized score, yes.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Roger Explosion posted:

In terms on optimized gameplay, it mostly makes it worse unless it's paired with a Feint skill or buffing a blade tome. In terms of optimized score, yes.

What'd be a better Seal for Robin in this circumstance, and the same for B slot on Cordy, I'm guessing Desperation but she is Firesweep so she shouldn't need it I would think.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
We finally got the results for the Tempest Trial. Ursula just plain offed herself without giving a reason for her treachery, which was a bit dumb, but Legault essentially offered Linus an alternative timeline in which to patch things up with Nino, which was pretty cool.

These little canon what-ifs are fast becoming one of my favourite parts of Tempest Trials.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

tithin posted:

What'd be a better Seal for Robin in this circumstance, and the same for B slot on Cordy, I'm guessing Desperation but she is Firesweep so she shouldn't need it I would think.
Anything with levels, really. It's more of a scoring thing than a gameplay thing. Those single-level skills are usually pretty bad (unless they're DC or CC).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

If I ever start getting to the point where I need to min-max my score to the level of stuffing dual Rally skills on everyone and dumping utility skills like Drag Back and Hit and Run, that is the point where I will take whatever Arena rank I get and have done.

There's a point where optimizing for score interferes with your ability to actually win matches, and sacrificing the movement assist skills would do that for me. I live and die by my ability to snipe things with Nino and then yank her back out of danger.

Fortunately I am not at that point yet, as I'm still trying to throw more merges onto my core so I can even get back to T20. I liked the 19.5 bounce, drat it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Welp guess I'm not doing any Arena until I can level up my Summer Tana on Double XP Day v:v:v

Ofc I'm in T19 this week so it barely matters anyway

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Roger Explosion posted:

We finally got the results for the Tempest Trial. Ursula just plain offed herself without giving a reason for her treachery, which was a bit dumb, but Legault essentially offered Linus an alternative timeline in which to patch things up with Nino, which was pretty cool.

These little canon what-ifs are fast becoming one of my favourite parts of Tempest Trials.

I just realized that Nino has basically the same backstory as Corrin. Kidnapped as a baby and raised by a psychopath who hates her, she nonetheless develops a strong bond with her adoptive siblings. Then one day she's sent on a suicide mission where she's forced to make an important choice.

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

STRONG AND TOUGH

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Got another one for the OP.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've also got a woodboy for the OP:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I'm impressed you guys gave up 11 repositions.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How are people building their Micaiahs? I keep using my default-skills one every single AA so I figure I should make her actually good because there's too many armors out there

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

If you just want to kill armors, give her a player phase A skill (Fury, Deathblow, Swift Sparrow, etc) and Micaiah's good.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

yeah the what ifs here, and in some of the seasonal paralouges, are pretty fun. They seem to really like FE7 in particular.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

How are people building their Micaiahs? I keep using my default-skills one every single AA so I figure I should make her actually good because there's too many armors out there

Death blow, chill res/bTomebreaker, res ploy, atk+3 seal, glimmer

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The two flavors I've seen are default build + QR (maybe with some way to survive Brave Lyn), or the silly Desperation + Brash Assault build. I use the latter, but to be fair she mostly operates as a healer who kicks into gear to finish the battle. With Brash Assault and Desperation she can even handle green armors, but even with Sacrifice it can be awkward to activate. As in the battle's already mostly won so it doesn't matter.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sodium Chloride posted:

I'm impressed you guys gave up 11 repositions.

I was doing alright in terms of repositions til I hit Barst #7 or so, then things started getting kind of tight, but now that he's complete I can build up a stock of Barst-brand repositions again.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've been holding onto a -atk Effie as death blow fodder for over a year so I guess it's her time to shine for Micaiah

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If you're fighting a lot of whale armors, windsweep could be good to make sure you don't get destroyed by a counterattack

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

I've also got a woodboy for the OP:

A bit forward IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have 185k feathers and no more projects, do I just start merging dragons like a degenerate