Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

etalian posted:

lmao in hindsight trying to take on the whole world wasn't the best plan especially how the EU system means every European country will abide by the punitive tariffs.

Don't worry, airstrip one is still with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

etalian posted:

lmao in hindsight trying to take on the whole world wasn't the best plan especially how the EU system means every European country will abide by the punitive tariffs.

Be cool! Trade wars are good, and easy to win.

ikanreed posted:

Don't worry, airstrip one is still with us.

when is brexit going to happen already

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

"i regret that i only have one livelihood to give for trump's presidency"

:perfect:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Getting kind of mad that nobody is appreciating my trashcan man reference

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CHUDs seem to relish self-flagellation, I support the guy who will make me go bankrupt.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

etalian posted:

CHUDs seem to relish self-flagellation, I support the guy who will make me go bankrupt.

Don't forget the racism. They would rather lose money under a white dude than do well under a black man.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

when is brexit going to happen already

March, I think? Looks like a no-deal Brexit is in the offing and if that happens the country will shut the gently caress down.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
*while dying of easily treated diseases and poor because my business got hosed by tariffs and also trump* at least we're respected again

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

logikv9 posted:

*while dying of easily treated diseases and poor because my business got hosed by tariffs and also trump* at least we're respected again

*has a black doctor* it was all for nothing....

Shibby0709
Oct 30, 2011

one fat looking fat guy

logikv9 posted:

*Is actually respected by no one*

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Zeroisanumber posted:

March, I think? Looks like a no-deal Brexit is in the offing and if that happens the country will shut the gently caress down.

London losing all the financial services to the EU will be something else. The entire country will go tits up without it. It's like Wall Street moving from New York to Canada. The ramifications are huge.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Philthy posted:

London losing all the financial services to the EU will be something else. The entire country will go tits up without it. It's like Wall Street moving from New York to Canada. The ramifications are huge.
The short term impact is the UK running out of food, fuel, and medicine within 1-2 weeks, depending on which part of the country you live in. London financial services kinda pale in comparison.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

"Sometimes you have to suffer?" I thought these guys were "suffering" under 8 years of Obama, they sure didn't suffer in dignity then... Wonder why...

the onion wizard
Apr 14, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The short term impact is the UK running out of food, fuel, and medicine within 1-2 weeks, depending on which part of the country you live in. London financial services kinda pale in comparison.

I haven't been keeping up to date with the brexit happenings; why would it be this severe? Wouldn't trade continue under whatever the default agreements are?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

the onion wizard posted:

I haven't been keeping up to date with the brexit happenings; why would it be this severe? Wouldn't trade continue under whatever the default agreements are?

The "trade agreements' are less trade agreements than benefits of being in the EU and its economic zone, and come with certain requirements (free movement, adopt the euro etc.)
You leave or refuse those requirements, you lose those benefits.

Now the UK, back when it was an actual economic power, negotiated a very, very lucrative deal with the EU, one that left them not needing to fulfill a lot of the requirements of EU membership and left the UK the major benefitter of the deal.
Now if they go forward with brexit they lose all of that, and have to trade to the EU under WTO rules, which are much more restricting thanks to various tariffs and procedure, unless they negotiate a new trade agreement, which they will be doing from a position of major weakness, and facing a shitload of bad will since the UK right wing have spent the last 20 years pissing on the EU, and are not trying to make things better now.

Oh and without free access to EU economic zone the financial sector of London makes no sense since it literally will not be able to operate at a fraction of its current pace.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uk and us, both desperately hitting their dicks with hammers while pointing and laughing about how dumb the other one is

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shibby0709 posted:

Respected plenty by young dudes with ideas that make the moon landing conspiracy tame and reasonable by comparison.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

the onion wizard posted:

Rigged Death Trap mentioned the more long-term consequences, but the extreme immediate effects comes from the fact that the UK does not have near the capacity required to process imported EU goods post-Brexit. Trucks will basically just pile up at the border crossings. I think the UK can get around this by simply just letting them through, but then WTO rules basically says the UK becomes a free for all for every country in the world. So I guess what I'm saying is; Trump is gonna take credit for a great deal with the UK in a little less than a year.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the onion wizard posted:

flights into and out of the UK become grounded indefinitely lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The important thing is the UK government is for all intents and purposes literally not negotiating, and is otherwise non-functional.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

It's like Wall Street moving from New York to Canada. The ramifications are huge.

please don’t post my hot fantasy itt

if we could summarily deport every single person working in Wall Street the US’s culture and politics would improve drastically overnight. we could have people actually invest in themselves and their future at companies instead of pulling whatever dirty trick they can on a quarterly basis to make a white private equity chud happy

our company works like the sword of Damocles is hanging over every person’s head and we’re gonna get hosed raw by competition that’s actually investing in their business in the long term, and people don’t give a gently caress about what they’re doing because they know the day some rear end in a top hat in NYC wants another yacht is the day they’ll be sitting outside with a pink slip in hand (myself included)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1011545875066257409

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1011563220253868035

lmbo

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The important thing is the UK government is for all intents and purposes literally not negotiating, and is otherwise non-functional.

In some ways this is even more damning of Brexit than us electing the Dotard. Yeah, America hosed up real good listening to racist Music Man, but the people handling Brexit are theoretically well educated career politicians. And they can't find their rear end with both hands.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they want a no deal brexit because them and their mates can come in and buy UK assets after they're sold off due to the economy collapsing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They should continue not negotiating.

Then they should hold another brexit referendum after enough time has passed, like "Oh, we're about to start finalizing this, but it's been so long we don't know if it's still the will of the voters, whoops it failed by a lot, we still love you EU"

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Wait what was Brexit tariffs again?

A very owned chud posted:

“It’s not just us. There will be many, many companies that will pay a price for this,” said George Skarich, vice president of sales and marketing. “I’m disappointed in Trump. We didn’t see this coming.”

strong daddy, why? you are so strong and fully owning my rear end (everything about it), but why are tariffs hurting me? :qq:

Jesus Christ business people are dumb as gently caress.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Ripoff posted:

“I’m disappointed in Trump. We didn’t see this coming.”
He literally spent every single campaign rally complaining about how the US gets screwed by all these terrible trade deals and that he would he would withdraw from NAFTA, cancel TPP, and tear up and renegotiate all our trade arrangements. But yeah, genius businessman whose entire livelihood depends on imports, exports, and foreign trade was unable to see it coming.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jose posted:

they want a no deal brexit because them and their mates can come in and buy UK assets after they're sold off due to the economy collapsing

Also to avoid having to abide by EU financial transparency and anti-evasion rules that come into effect next year.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FMguru posted:

He literally spent every single campaign rally complaining about how the US gets screwed by all these terrible trade deals and that he would he would withdraw from NAFTA, cancel TPP, and tear up and renegotiate all our trade arrangements. But yeah, genius businessman whose entire livelihood depends on imports, exports, and foreign trade was unable to see it coming.

Hopefully this will be a great culling of all the retarded businessmen in this country. But they'll probably get bailed out by state and federal government help. Again.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hopefully this will be a great culling of all the retarded businessmen in this country. But they'll probably get bailed out by state and federal government help. Again.

God bless the job creators. God drat the job workers.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

But this decision hasn't translated into worker anger directed at the president. An informal survey of workers during a smoke break at the [Harley Davidson] factory by the FT found that most - if not all - support President Trump's bid to revive American manufacturing by instigating a trade fight, even if Harley's EU sales have risen as a percentage of the company's overall sales in recent years.

What's more, several workers appear to agree with President Trump's assessment that the company's decision to move production is "just a Harley excuse" after Harley closed its plant in Kansas City. In other words, the company is taking advantage of the EU tariffs, and opportunistically "blaming it on Trump."

Asked by the FT whether they blame Trump for Harley's offshoring decision, most workers said they only blamed the EU, and that, regardless of the fallout, it wouldn't change their vote.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-26/workers-agree-harley-davidson-using-trump-excuse-move-production

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

LMAO, I'm sure we can win over moderate Republicans

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Apparently a shitload of Republicans are into financial domination and want a big strong daddy to beat and choke their bank accounts.

Choke my financial security daddy, stomp all over my credit rating!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I agree with them to an extent. Harley obviously wants to offshore its business and shutter expensive American factories, but they can't do it without a good excuse because they have to be careful not to gently caress their brand.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Thank God we gave them that excuse, then

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

1redflag posted:

Thank God we gave them that excuse, then

They would have done it any way and blamed it on Clinton's communist regulations or w/e in the alternate universe.

Remember when insurance companies wrote PPACA and then immediately turned around and blamed rate increases that they make every year anyway on that goddanged Obamacare.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Doesn't it make sense to build the poo poo right next to where you want to sell it? I mean BMW Toyota etc all have plants here in the U.S.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You just need to hold on! Wait a little while! Things will turn around!

Says man in a (somewhat)Capitalist country.

lmao sorry dipshit duder, shareholders can't "wait", they act on profits profits profits now now now

Burt Sexual posted:

Doesn't it make sense to build the poo poo right next to where you want to sell it? I mean BMW Toyota etc all have plants here in the U.S.

It does in a world where there are flat costs and no tariffs. Once you introduce all these stupid fees, and it suddenly becomes cheaper to make it somewhere else and then ship it back over and STILL be cheaper, than you move your plants pronto.

Philthy has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Jun 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

Shibby0709 posted:

it owns because theres never any real actual respect they can point to and when pushed on it they say things like "well now we can say merry christmas again"