Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I can't shoot you...but I don't have to stop this bomb I put here from exploding you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

“I need to interrogate these goons and find where Superman’s mom is. Oh, I know, I’ll magdump these two chain guns on the top of my car into that warehouse where they’re hiding. I’ve seen the A-Team. The blind fire of a large volume of high velocity armor piercing rounds fired into that building will merely disarm the thugs of their weapons and leave Martha unharmed, so I can then have a little real-life Arkham Asylum vidya game sequence for shits and giggles.”

“I hate guns, but I’ll leave unlocked vehicles armed with military-grade weaponry lying around where my friends can find them by happenstance when they’d be convenient, like when I’m being choked out by Bane.”

“Harvey, I won’t kill you, but y’know gravity’s one of the four fundamental forces of the universe, and my arm’s tired from stopping Joker falling to his death earlier. Whoopsie!”

“I won’t kill these cops after me; they’re only doing their jobs. So I’ll just dump a cubic fuckload of anti-vehicular mines in an enclosed trafficway during a high-speed chase on Lower Walker Drive, and que sera, sera.”

“Joker, I won’t shoot you, I’ll just fill the street where you’re standing with live Vulcan 20mm rounds and shoot these high-explosive missiles next to you to...ummm...because...I should...clear all the smoke and gas. [Unleashes hell.] Um, yeah, that’s the why I missed with an entire ground attack plane’s armament. That’s the ticket.”

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If that last one is referencing Keaton's Batman he absolutely did not make excuses about murking fools

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Having a No Kill Rule is all fine and dandy until you realize there are things worse than death, as the many thugs Batman must've crippled for life may attest. Reminds me of the last bit of Aaron's Ghost Rider, but that one may be an exception as Hell is a real thing and probably worse than being a quadriplegic, although that guy is going to die one day and go to Hell anyway sooooo...

edit: Or that one time The Flash turned someone into a living statue

He's not dead! I'm still a hero!

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 25, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Being paralyzed for life is actually not worse than death, as many disabled people who live full, happy lives can attest to.

EDIT: Quoting this stupid, lovely post.

Samuringa posted:

Having a No Kill Rule is all fine and dandy until you realize there are things worse than death, as the many thugs Batman must've crippled for life may attest. Reminds me of the last bit of Aaron's Ghost Rider, but that one may be an exception as Hell is a real thing and probably worse than being a quadriplegic, although that guy is going to die one day and go to Hell anyway sooooo...

edit: Or that one time The Flash turned someone into a living statue

He's not dead! I'm still a hero!

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 25, 2018

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wow, gently caress the Flash.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

purple death ray posted:

Wow, gently caress the Flash.

No thanks. Friction burns.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Being paralyzed for life is actually not worse than death, as many disabled people who live full, happy lives can attest to.

Well.. fullish happyish. There are, of course, types of paralyses where you aren't going to live any kind of meaningful life as you can't talk or breath or blink.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Wait, poo poo, this is the funny panel thread?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

EDIT: Quoting this stupid, lovely post.

I'm sure Inertia will be living a full, happy life eternally frozen as a statue without any way to even fall asleep as he stares straight ahead forever.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

wouldn't that kid die from lack of oxygen?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm sure Inertia will be living a full, happy life eternally frozen as a statue without any way to even fall asleep as he stares straight ahead forever.

But it's the comics universe we are talking about, so somebody is bound to come along and snap him out of it either accidentally or on purpose with a jolt of speed force, causing him to then become a speed vampire who needs to feed on speed to live.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Don't worry he got better and then was beaten to death by a group of grown men soon after.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Like it's extremely dumb to say that he's moving so slowly he takes a hundred years to blink but that he still perceives the normal passing of time. How would the Flash even know?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

But it's the comics universe we are talking about, so somebody is bound to come along and snap him out of it either accidentally or on purpose

That happened in the Rogues Final Crisis tie-in.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Like it's extremely dumb to say that he's moving so slowly he takes a hundred years to blink but that he still perceives the normal passing of time. How would the Flash even know?

I always wondered if the museum knew about it and what people would think in a hundred years when the statue's eyes were now closed

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Beachcomber posted:

No thanks. Friction burns.

Plus lasting like picoseconds does not sound like a good time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zil posted:

Plus lasting like picoseconds does not sound like a good time.

All of my girlfriends have said it is not.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

"I can't kill him, that would be morally wrong. Instead I'll eternally confine him to a fate far worse than death. That's morally okay, I think!"

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

A real hero would either safely imprison or just try to rehabilitate this murderous kid. Like, dress it up in superhero pageantry all you want, this is the equivalent of taking a fifteen year old who shot and killed another kid and, instead of even consigning him to the deeply flawed punitive justice system to do his time, sentencing him to eternal torture without trial.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wonder if superman uses the phantom zone for garbage and sewage

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

God works in mysterious ways.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Synthbuttrange posted:

I wonder if superman uses the phantom zone for garbage and sewage

He would have to. His super shits would destroy any modern toilet or pollute the artic around the fortress of solitude.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ghostlight posted:

God works in mysterious ways.

Isn't that one Flash post grounds for a ban around here?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Have some good Flash as a palette cleanser. Think of it as... a moving panel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can't remember which speedster did it (Quicksilver?), but one of them straight-up killed a speedster who got didn't have the ability to withstand friction like he did. He just grabbed her and sped up until she disintegrated.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

I can't remember which speedster did it (Quicksilver?), but one of them straight-up killed a speedster who got didn't have the ability to withstand friction like he did. He just grabbed her and sped up until she disintegrated.

This was on Ultimates 2, I think?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Elfface posted:

Have some good Flash as a palette cleanser. Think of it as... a moving panel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94

"Got me again, Flash! :v:"

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

purple death ray posted:

If that last one is referencing Keaton's Batman he absolutely did not make excuses about murking fools
Yeah, true dat. The scene in the first movie really was jarring, but maybe just maybe barely excusable in character because of the imminent threat to public safety of all these death balloons and mystery floats. (Note: not excusable at all.) But I forgot it’s worse in the second one. E.g., he straight up murders a goon by sticking the goon’s own bomb to him, grinning like he’s the Goddamn Batman, and throwing the goon down some stairs where we see the blast of the explosion come out.

Ending the derail (?) with a funny panel from Invincible. Background for the two people who haven’t read this: basically, Superman is married and has a teenaged son (who is out of the house for a while), just gotten back from a few months in an alien dimension, and he’s called in sick for the day to the Justice League.

I was actually trying to find The Immortal’s “What would we super-heroes do without space?” scene but couldn’t find it. Anyone have it at hand?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

Quicksilver vs Hurricane.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the funny panel's after that, where people just dont see Pietro do anything at all, the bum.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

https://local.theonion.com/twas-hubris-led-me-here-thinks-naked-woman-sitting-o-1819580343

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ant-Man and the Wasp just got one of those disgusting/great corporate tie-in comics :toot: http://marvel.com/dell

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And I thought Hostess Fruit Pie comics were bad. This is almost as bad as that comic they pulled for being too jingo.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Nonvalueadded User posted:

I was actually trying to find The Immortal’s “What would we super-heroes do without space?” scene but couldn’t find it. Anyone have it at hand?

Invincible #7

Then in Invincible #13

Also:

Invincible #1

Invincible #6

and this classic from Invincible #10

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Avulsion posted:

Invincible #7

Then in Invincible #13

Also:

Invincible #1

Invincible #6

and this classic from Invincible #10

That first year's worth of Invincible was so damned good. :allears:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Those Flash pages have such fun, expressive art, it's jarring that they're paired up with the dumbest of mid-2000s DC teeth-clenching sturm und drang.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Looking at that Ultimates sequence now, I'm just wondering where Pietro and the atomised mulch he took for a ride actually ended up when he stopped. Tierra del Feugo?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

I always wondered if the museum knew about it and what people would think in a hundred years when the statue's eyes were now closed

"Dude, come look at this statue and it's closed eyes! The guy who sculpted this must've been a real dumbass."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

prefect posted:

That first year's worth of Invincible was so damned good. :allears:

Truth! I'd also say the same for The Walking Dead. It's too bad Kirkman's got such a talent for starting interesting stories, but zero ability to finish them.