Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah I might grab the pushfits to get some basic games in with people who are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
The push fits for death aren't the basic units though. For sigmarines and Khorne they absolutely are.

Maybe there'll be anothe push fit or two for a £20 mini starter.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
What happens to good souls? Mildly evil ones go to become the Nighthaunt line troops, chaos worshippers go to their gods, Sigmar recycles, but what about Joe Empire who just tries to make it through the day and maybe goes to temple twice a year?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Beerdeer posted:

What happens to good souls? Mildly evil ones go to become the Nighthaunt line troops, chaos worshippers go to their gods, Sigmar recycles, but what about Joe Empire who just tries to make it through the day and maybe goes to temple twice a year?

I think thats what the spirit hosts are but i'm not sure

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Beerdeer posted:

Sigmar takes the Souls of the best and brightest, The Chaos Gods take those who worship them. All others go to the myriad underworlds and afterlives of Shyish. Nagash then sends his servants to collect those souls and pervert those afterlives. While also eating any after life gods that manifest with those afterlives.

As of current events it appears that Nagash has further perverted the system of how things are supposed to work. Namely the big thing with his recent evil plan was to raise the undead in all the mortal realms, thus creating a zombie apocalypse. However this was not the main goal, the primary benefit is that he redirected the flow of souls, now all souls by default go his Fortress of Nagashizzar. Which he turns them into his ghosts.

The Nighthaunt basic troops the Chainghasts are the souls of those who were not remarkable in any way, not just the mildly evil.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 25, 2018

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
pretty hosed up that dead babies come back as chain ghosts

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Speaking of ghosts Nighthaunt heroes preview
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/25/25th-june-heroes-of-the-nighthauntgw-homepage-post-4/

Also a video game of some kind. Have not even looked at it yet

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/25/25th-june-announcing-realm-wargw-homepage-post-3/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nebalebadingdong posted:

pretty hosed up that dead babies come back as chain ghosts

I assume he has some sort of special thing for dead babies

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He’s just stimulating the soul economy by taking excess out of circulation.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

All these new units that give -1 to hit make my blightkings sad.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

drat.... all those nighthaunt heroes look amazing.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Still wondering that I could field my old Lizardmen and new Deepkin, wondering why the hell they'd team up. Do the lizards have souls worth mention? Could they work out a deal?

Background wise? Whoooo knows. Though Lizardmen are completely anti-chaos still, so I can see them working with the seedier elements of order just to take them on. Though I doubt they would get together with the fish elves for a spot of soul tea afterwards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
This is the judge staff photo from a recent Magic Grand Prix. I looked at it and immediately thought "Endless Spell!".

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Saw the new stormcast models live today. They look better than they do in the images.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Nighthaunt armies are going to be hell to transport

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
So Lady Olyander seems to be a ton of insane effects on a 7 wound 4+/6++ chassis. I wouldn't underestimate her but I have a feeling she might not be so crazy to fight in practice. If you can kill her in one turn to prevent her from ever healing or doing anything then you get to laugh at the guy who brought a 240 point model to the game. I'm way more interested in Kurdoss stealing command points, or using Reikenor as what a pleads to be a 75 point guarantee of getting the Purple Sun off.

Also they all look horrible to transport, and I like that Kurdoss is followed by a band of ghosts constantly dissing him.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I mean, I guess the whole army is on fragile tines, but I don't like the big ol model with a wispy base connection being moved a lot to get into close combat, or that he's CC when he doesn't look physically threatening really at all.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
ghosts look rad as hell

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I feel like the one way I would transport Nighthaunt would be either with Magna Racks or something similar or a big plastic tub with a metal sheet and magnets

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, magnets are basically the only way you could safely transport so many models so horribly topheavy and fragile.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Deleter posted:

So Lady Olyander seems to be a ton of insane effects on a 7 wound 4+/6++ chassis. I wouldn't underestimate her but I have a feeling she might not be so crazy to fight in practice. If you can kill her in one turn to prevent her from ever healing or doing anything then you get to laugh at the guy who brought a 240 point model to the game. I'm way more interested in Kurdoss stealing command points, or using Reikenor as what a pleads to be a 75 point guarantee of getting the Purple Sun off.

Also they all look horrible to transport, and I like that Kurdoss is followed by a band of ghosts constantly dissing him.

None of them are Monsters so they all benefit from the -1 to hit with shooting "look out sir" ability. And the 4+ is unmodifiable.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 26, 2018

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, magnets are basically the only way you could safely transport so many models so horribly topheavy and fragile.

I wonder if we're going to see a broader shift towards magnet/rack based storage over foam in the hobby. I know having done it for my stormcast (mainly because of the prosecutors), its just way more convenient and pretty easy from a DIY perspective. If models keep getting more elaborate, it'd seem like that would be the logical step for a lot of people.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Any good guides to making a magnetic box? Do you just superglue some kind of metal sheet to the bottom of a box?

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Hot glue or silicone would probably cover better especially if you're just using a plastic tote where the flexibility could break superglue bonds. Some folks have magnetic attraction/repulsion issues with magnets in the bases if you're running a bunch of dudes tight together. The alternative approach is gluing magnetic stripping to your container of choice and steel washers in your bases.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
A magnet in the bottom of the tray and washers on the bases is the much better option IMO - your dudes won't tend to stick to each other, and you can get an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of magnet (the kind of thing you use for making magnetic labels for a scheduling whiteboard or what have you) for like a dollar. The magnet won't be super-strong, but totally strong enough to hold plastic miniatures in place under anything less than rough handling.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

I bought a TableWar case at AdeptiCon and while it was expensive, I love it. I've tried to make my own storage stuff in the past and it usually just leaves me disappointed. If you have the cash I'd go for that. I personally don't buy battlefoam™ stuff anymore

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
horse-riding ghost looks busy and dumb actually

queen ghost and little never king ghost look rad tho

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
How does slaves to darkness and everchosen gel? I quite like the varanguard models, but lmao im never going to use archaon.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

muggins posted:

I bought a TableWar case at AdeptiCon and while it was expensive, I love it. I've tried to make my own storage stuff in the past and it usually just leaves me disappointed. If you have the cash I'd go for that. I personally don't buy battlefoam™ stuff anymore

My only concern about these are 1) it's gotta be heavy as gently caress, even empty; 2) sometimes airline travel is not the most gentle, even if you have control of your stuff, so you're really dependent on your magnetizing, since you don't have anything else protecting your models from rattling around that hard case; 3) are the Tablewar cases even carryon sized?; and 4) cost - how many models do you have in there? That's the $130 case, right? A PACK 432 with Magna Rack is the same price (cheaper with a sale) and I'm curious how well it compares.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 26, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

berzerkmonkey posted:

My only concern about these are 1) it's gotta be heavy as gently caress, even empty; 2) sometimes airline travel is not the most gentle, even if you have control of your stuff, so you're really dependent on your magnetizing, since you don't have anything else protecting your models from rattling around that hard case; 3) are the Tablewar cases even carryon sized?; and 4) cost - how many models do you have in there? That's the $130 case, right? A PACK 432 with Magna Rack is the same price (cheaper with a sale) and I'm curious how well it compares.

Their website specifically says they're not meant for airline travel.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Their website specifically says they're not meant for airline travel.

Tablewar posted:

The Case is designed for the display, storage, and light transport of hobby models and miniatures. This case is small enough to be used as a carry-on on an airplane. This case is not recommended for heavy transport such as, for example, the unprotected checking as baggage within an airplane.
They're not meant to be thrown in the luggage compartment.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You're right, the one I was looking at didn't mention carry-on so I just went with the no-checking line.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Ghost bride is apparently $45 which is honestly cheaper than I assumed.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mango sentinel posted:

Ghost bride is apparently $45 which is honestly cheaper than I assumed.

That's waaaaay cheaper than I thought, that's barely more than a standard character.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Deleter posted:

I’m I reading the Banshee Claws ability right? It says an attack roll deals a mortal wound and immediately ends the resolution for the attack, no wound or save roll. Does this circumvent abilities that let you save vs. mortal wounds?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I’m I reading the Banshee Claws ability right? It says an attack roll deals a mortal wound and immediately ends the resolution for the attack, no wound or save roll. Does this circumvent abilities that let you save vs. mortal wounds?

No, it just cuts out the Wound and Save parts of the resolution. The Blast to Ashes ability on hammer paladins works the same way. Disgustingly Resilient and other stuff still works.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm not sure either of the new Stormcast heroes are that great. Cool models, though.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/26/26th-june-preview-new-heroes-of-the-stormcast-eternalsgw-homepage-post-2/

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Ooo, pretty.

But then:

What in the ever loving gently caress is that. :stonk:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Asteria looks like a Lord-Arcanum with some extra bits and isn't impressive to me. Aventis has a bit more going on because of his access to Mortal Wounds, but a +1 to hit for missile weapons for targets that he flies over seems nice. Not worth having to go with that ugly gold scheme to use, but they seem like okayish uptakes on a regular Lord-Arcanum maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Luminaflare posted:

Ooo, pretty.

But then:

What in the ever loving gently caress is that. :stonk:

It's GW making things that aren't traditional fantasy. Everything isn't going to be a winner, but good on them for trying.