Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

its in the general runes. it and the one that let u heal in daylight are pretty useful. and then you actually have to equip them which i wasn't doing either for my mind control rune or the firestream one, oops

Kool thanx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

its in the general runes. it and the one that let u heal in daylight are pretty useful. and then you actually have to equip them which i wasn't doing either for my mind control rune or the firestream one, oops

i sort of wish that you didn't have to equip the one-off ones, cause they kind of screw with mutation bonuses. i'd get it if that were supposed to be part of the drawback but there are only like 2 or 3 that are useful.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Met the Bloody Baron, killed a cockatrice, won a few rounds of gwent and beat the gently caress out of a guy in a bar for 140g.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I just hate the idea of breaking the general flow of a game because you have to go into menus during combat or frequently in between combat, especially when it involves a long animation.

Having to gently caress around in the menu every time you fight a different kinda dude for the sword oils was so bad. Also all the looting

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I also dont like the difference in move sets for combat/noncombat cause you can get like, stuck somewhere in combat and you can't jump out

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

just run away

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ragg posted:

Having to gently caress around in the menu every time you fight a different kinda dude for the sword oils was so bad. Also all the looting

the major issue with the looting is that the hitboxes for the remains are so tiny, it would be really quick if it were just a quick "do you want this?" for each enemy or, better yet, an entire group

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ragg posted:

I snagged a mod that auto-looted enemies and it made life a lot easier. There was an auto-oil one as well, but that seemed kinda cheaty.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

I also dont like the difference in move sets for combat/noncombat cause you can get like, stuck somewhere in combat and you can't jump out

that happened 2 me

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I snagged a mod that auto-looted enemies and it made life a lot easier. There was an auto-oil one as well, but that seemed kinda cheaty.

auto-oil is literally the most recommended mod. i think the other one is something like "jump in shallow water," lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

tao of lmao posted:

Its not the looting so much as the loot, and particularly the selling

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The sword oiling is a smallish bit of tedium that I don’t mind because of immersion. The looting and selling mechanics Im less interested in defending.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I like when I do the finishing move slicing some guys loving head off!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The sword oiling is a smallish bit of tedium that I don’t mind because of immersion. The looting and selling mechanics Im less interested in defending.

Games love inventory and selling mechanics cause its immersive but I can't think of a game that didn't make money trivial past the very start and this is no exception.
Games where you're always scrambling for cash and arent sure if you can keep or upgrade what you need type dtuff.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I like when I do the finishing move slicing some guys loving head off!!!
Cutting a dude entirely in half diagonally is definitely a gonna stomp.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah its a good feeling when Geralt does a big overhead swing and unlike every other game ever made instead of falling in a ragdoll they get sliced apart

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the looting sux but i converted all my non crown money into crowns and now i have 2000 gold whew. also at this point ini the game the only weapons/armor worth looting are relics or magical dwarven swords or w/e that you can sell for 300 crowns or take them apart and all those are in treasure chest usually and not on the 400 million bandits that outnumber all these stupid peasants

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The dlc’s find ways to spend large amounts of cash.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i actually ran out of money in B&W because i wanted to buy all of the grandmaster armor and stash it in my winery.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yep between those armors and the HoS rune vendor you can go broke real quick.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

I haven't played the first 2 games but Geralt being naive and retarded and constantly being outwitted by hot girls who just want some of that good witcher dick is like his main defining character trait in Witcher 3 and when it's played for laughs it's often really funny

The major plot point/turn/twist whatever in the Witcher 1 is him being outwitted by a princess he fucks

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

He saves her from a curse and his payment is that he gets to gently caress her. This is the opening for the game

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The major plot point/turn/twist whatever in the Witcher 1 is him being outwitted by a princess he fucks

Triss tricks amnesiac-Geralt into thinking they were in a relationship for years throughout nearly the entire first two games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Can't wait to see what hosed up cyber people you can gently caress in the upcoming Cyberpubk 2077

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

yeah they made all the vendors really poor and give you varying amounts for stuff (armorsmiths pay more for armor, dont care about herbs) to make selling just inconvenient enough so that you dont run around min-maxing profits, but you end up megarich a few hours in anyhow so it's just an annoyance when you're trying to unload junk

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

tao of lmao posted:

Triss tricks amnesiac-Geralt into thinking they were in a relationship for years throughout nearly the entire first two games.

Triss is a creeper incel.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That doesn’t make sense.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm broke as gently caress and I loot everything I possibly can. Some mfs in here got a gold hack on or something.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm broke as gently caress and I loot everything I possibly can. Some mfs in here got a gold hack on or something.

You can safely sell some runes if you're broke. I dunno, I never had to worry about money except like at the very beginning of the game, in White Orchard, and at the very end of the DLC, purely because I was spending huge amounts of money on big purchases. i'm guessing i might have run into money problems halfway through the game if i hadn't looked for all the stupid ocean smuggler's caches, though.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My Geralt is eating top ramen and playing gwent to make some money for repairs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I coulda made like 300g but I felt bad for the kid who watched his dad get eaten by big bird

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh yeah I like how you can decline taking rewards for quests and 99% of the time there is no benefit for doing it whatsoever lol. No wonder u broke

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You're still early, you'll start tripping over swords in fields all over the place soon enough and get mad rich.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah I like how you can decline taking rewards for quests and 99% of the time there is no benefit for doing it whatsoever lol. No wonder u broke

I think like 90 percent of my cash was from selling cudgels to the crows perch dwarf, though. the hunt rewards are slim pickins

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Almost at the end of the first game. The final boss of act V took almost thirty minutes because he kept endlessly stunlocking/blinding me- extremely dire gaming

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
most of my gold came from selling the common swords and stuff every bandit drops. depending on the type its like 50-350 gold each. you can sell most crafting materials too. theres a few little tricks you can do as well like disenchanting (is that the right word for this game ?) shells into pearls which sell for way more than the shell would

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the armorers and blacksmiths in novigrad or w/e and maybe oxenfurt pay more than the yokels for your weapons u don't need anymore as well since they aren't dirt poor. so if you have some magic or relic or magic weapons/armor u aren't using put them in a magic box til u get to one of those places

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Almost at the end of the first game. The final boss of act V took almost thirty minutes because he kept endlessly stunlocking/blinding me- extremely dire gaming

its a neverwinter nights engine game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

most of my gold came from selling the common swords and stuff every bandit drops. depending on the type its like 50-350 gold each. you can sell most crafting materials too. theres a few little tricks you can do as well like disenchanting (is that the right word for this game ?) shells into pearls which sell for way more than the shell would

yeah, it's this. also, sometimes you walk into a peasant's hosue who's like "please master witcher, my children are dying and i'm running out of vodka to feed them" but it turns out they have amethyst dust or something on their shelves and you can be like "don't worry, here's a cockatrice poultice for your boy, it's on the house" and then sell their poo poo for like 500 g.

• Locked thread