Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't stand listening to Jesse Thorne. I appreciate him starting Max Fun, and I'm sure he's a great guy, but his way of delivering anything that might otherwise be funny just kills it.

Worst bailiff :arg:

Hey Judge [already snickering], what i-if [by this point audibly quivering] he was cooking a fresh banana nnnnha nhaa nahaaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

sticklefifer posted:

The only kind of cringey bits were how bitter Griffin was about being the only one who didn't have a girlfriend.

But at least that got better after Justin and Travis constantly dunking on him for his eating and bathing habits.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Man I'm kinda wanting to hear sad Griffin, any episodes with particularly high sad sack levels?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Hey Judge [already snickering], what i-if [by this point audibly quivering] he was cooking a fresh banana nnnnha nhaa nahaaha

Holy poo poo, exactly this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The AV Club has a preview of the Sawbones book

https://news.avclub.com/urine-luck-sawbones-fans-justin-and-sydnee-wrote-a-bo-1827113507

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

The only kind of cringey bits were how bitter Griffin was about being the only one who didn't have a girlfriend.

those parts were actually really funny.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I appreciated Justin’s double take on Travis saying take the bottom Jenga blocks because you get the sense that he wasn’t quite sure if he was serious or not

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SpacePig posted:

The best thing to come out of the switcheroo was the McElroys singing their version of Love You. It might, in fact, be the only good thing to come from it.

https://youtu.be/kdm5L0nK7hA

Griffin:
Take a little time for the kids within you,
Come on (silence?) be afraid of the kids,
I am a kid and these are the friends and
all of us are kids and (???) you.

Give a little child for the child that childs and
give a little child and the childs within!
Don't be afraid of the kids, they're coming
Here come the kids and they're fighting.

Travis:
(???) fat child, let the child (???) (locks?)
(???) child, oh my god that child is gigantic!
Child, child, the child is smelly and I don't like him anymore.

Justin pretty much just does the instrumentals acapella, and the words ehe does sing can't be made out. Although, now that I'm listening to it, that happens even when all three of the boys are singing. :tinfoil:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Travis is on form this ep, the guess in Justin’s segment was amazing

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
I just feel like it needs to be said, setting up a Jenga tower takes no time if you keep the corner shaped cardboard piece that the game comes with.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Jenga board*

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I can't think of Jenga and not replay this horrible, horrible ad/jingle in my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7H6wGy5zf4

I actually expected one of the bois to belt this out.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Acute Grill posted:

The McElroys doing the Flophouse (and also every other switcheroo) was also bad so I don't know if this is a meaningful benchmark.

I thought it was fine except for how HARD they went after the creators of the movie at the end. It was weird to hear Clint say something like "whoever made this movie should be killed" or whatever he said.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It sounds like the Phoenix show has been lost to time.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's been banished to hell alongside the Atlanta show

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Did something bad happen at the Phoenix show?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

SpacePig posted:

they said it was the audio quality but who knows :tinfoil:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Apparently it was perfect and spirited and everyone was many lizards strong.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I was also slain by Justin baiting Griffin to change his answer on celebrity wine while Travis stood his ground and was vindicated, a very "these are definitely real brothers" moment.

Also, "Robocup" is an actual robot soccer competition that's pretty big in the robotics industry, several guys in my lab really got their start working in Robocup, so I was briefly very excited that maybe the boys had tuned into the robotic sports world. Alas, maybe some other time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Houston show that they begged for people to go to has also disappeared into the ether

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

George H.W. oval office posted:

The Houston show that they begged for people to go to has also disappeared into the ether

Maybe they cut out all the jokes about lack of attendance, and ended up deleting the show.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Wasn't Houston the one that convinced them to pre-screen live questions finally? Someone in the thread was complaining about it, I think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not Operator posted:

Wasn't Houston the one that convinced them to pre-screen live questions finally? Someone in the thread was complaining about it, I think.

No, because they started prescreening at Columbus and they didn't go to Houston on that tour.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I thought that was Atlanta, and that's why that one's locked away in the McElroy Vaults.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

It sounds like the Phoenix show has been lost to time.

It was eaten by the Voidfish hth

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Atlanta was what led them to start rethinking audience questions with the two people system, but by Columbus they had decided to just prescreen. Unless something happened in Detroit, I don't think there was like a major inciting incident to the prescreening, it was just a last resort for their solutions not working.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

C-Euro posted:

It was eaten by the ɥ̪̞̫̪͋͞s̸̪̱͈̬̼̭̟̲͕̓̏̎ͩ͂̽̾̓̌́ᴉ̸̛̖̳͓̺͙̅ͬ̍͊ͣ̂̀͋̚ɟ̪̦́̇ͯ̓̒͘p̧ͫ҉̦͉͠ᴉ̘͍̮͑̐̃ͬ̋ͅō̧͎͉̝̹̪̤͔ͣͦ̑̆͌̚̚͢Λ̩͉̗̻̝̱̄ͨ̓͠ hth

The what now?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1011688958617669632

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Heh "butt".

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I’m not surprise the perfect and spirited liveshow was lost, I couldn’t even hear them half the time live at the venue.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

That's the filthiest press release I've ever seen :eek:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Atlanta was what led them to start rethinking audience questions with the two people system, but by Columbus they had decided to just prescreen. Unless something happened in Detroit, I don't think there was like a major inciting incident to the prescreening, it was just a last resort for their solutions not working.

St. Louis was the straw that broke the camel's back which is why it has also been lost to time, albeit intentionally

https://twitter.com/TDawgSelz/status/992878258520719361

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Travis is playing D&D with Dice Camera Action right now: https://www.twitch.tv/dnd

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh god.

I just noticed Griffin's lip smacking on TAZ.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Has anyone listened to Bubble?
It sounds like they took a failed pilot (that was read on Dead Pilot's Society) and made it a radio play.

Seems fun!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I listened to the first episode and it really didn't appeal to me.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
The narration was extremely lifeless

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the ads for it are really bad but i guess i forgot that's true for all maxfun stuff until just now

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Went through a re...watch(?) of the first few arcs of adventure zone balance on a coach trip and I’m surprised about how much of the overall arc seemed to be planned out by Griffin as early as it was without it seeming like he was railroading Tres Horny Boys into it.

Also had to bite my arm to not laugh out loud at the death of Magic Brain because whoo boy is that ever hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

dogsicle posted:

the ads for it are really bad but i guess i forgot that's true for all maxfun stuff until just now

I still don't know what the gently caress a heat rock is.