Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whoa I never saw that dual spawn zip trick before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

feel really bad for the guy who came all the way from sweden only for his gamecube to turn off on him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Impeccable motherbrain fight from CScottyW o//

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad someone had to balls to do suitless no recharge.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I love JRPG runs. He just had to reload a save because he mistimed a pause press which would have irreparably derailed RNG manipulation for the remainder of this 90 minute run.

Win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll tune in for the hype Puwexil FF6 run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THe guy running it had a laptop on one knee and a clipboard full of spreadsheets on the other that he needed to reference in the latter half of the run constantly to figure out turn orders based on recent RNG patterns. He had two assistants on the couch as well + Puxweil, it was awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There''s also a part in the run where, after avoiding every single random encounter, they glitch an item to give them tens of thousands of XP and they have to watch level up screens for a solid 10 minutes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQ ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ballsparking ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid Zero Mission is a flawless game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

There''s also a part in the run where, after avoiding every single random encounter, they glitch an item to give them tens of thousands of XP and they have to watch level up screens for a solid 10 minutes.

lol sick

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Metroid Zero Mission is a flawless game

It's incredible.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I haven't played it in probably over a decade so it'll all feel like fresh content again. Time for a replay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Friday is gonna be lit.

3:10 PM Goof Troop swordsmankirby, Bbforky 0:24:00 Co-Op — SNES
3:44 PM Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix (KH1FM) mistmaster1 3:05:00 Any% (Level 1 Proud Mode) — PS4
7:24 PM Super Mario 64 Puncayshun, cheese05 1:00:00 70 star race — N64
8:34 PM The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Linkus7 1:15:00 Any% — Wii U
9:59 PM SETUP BLOCK 6
10:46 PM TASBot plays F-Zero GX by talented authors 0:10:00
11:06 PM TASBot plays Super Metroid 0% by Sniq and total 0:07:07 0% while running past audible invisible animals — SNES
11:23 PM Pokemon Yellow/Red MeGotsThis 2:47:00 Any% Glitchless 2 Games 1 Controller — Game Boy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

yezssss

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
this samus returns guy has been rolling ball form samus back and forth for 10 minutes to get a clip. possibly more i've had it muted

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

this samus returns guy has been rolling ball form samus back and forth for 10 minutes to get a clip. possibly more i've had it muted

that game was so boring to watch so now I'm watching dragon warrior 3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

that game was so boring to watch so now I'm watching dragon warrior 3.

dw3 was epic epci for the win

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

In Training posted:

its fun but its BS that the higher difficulty was stuck behind an amiibo

I don't understand this complaint. It's basically hard mode as DLC, which is not unheard of, but the DLC comes with a toy and can also be used in other games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

they should have just sold the mode as a DLC then

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Caithness posted:

I don't understand this complaint. It's basically hard mode as DLC, which is not unheard of, but the DLC comes with a toy and can also be used in other games.

nobody wants plastic Nintendo poo poo in their homes. look at the WiiU for further proof. Bazinga.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

nobody wants plastic Nintendo poo poo in their homes. look at the WiiU for further proof. Bazinga.

the next amiibo is awesome

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Animals saved again! Yay speedrunning! See you next mission.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They're playing Halo 2 on Japanese to save 8 seconds currently.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
While on probation I watched the tomb raider one where the runner was crying and saying “this literally never happens” and “oops” every 5 seconds

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
If they made Dragon Quest Amiobos I would spend all my money on them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Xbox Ambassador posted:

While on probation I watched the tomb raider one where the runner was crying and saying “this literally never happens” and “oops” every 5 seconds

The original tomb raider one was cool, the new tomb raider was run by a goon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Skyward Sword run on right now is using the worst capture i've ever seen, plus because its a speedrun they're leaving the giant wiimote on the screen. should have been a donation incentive to take it off

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Splatterhouse. Anyone can speedrun these games by playing them normally.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a year they did a Trials game as a speedrun right?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mekchu posted:

There was a year they did a Trials game as a speedrun right?

i think theres been a few times, im pretty sure there was one last winter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Givin posted:

Splatterhouse. Anyone can speedrun these games by playing them normally.

this is simply ignorant.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

a splatterhouse 1cc would belong in any gaming skill showcase

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

a splatterhouse 1cc would belong in any gaming skill showcase

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Caithness posted:

jesu christ

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

In Training posted:

Owns

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Spider-man 32x game was so uneventful that the player asked for donations to be read for half of the ten minute run, and then casually told the audience that he got a world record at the end with no enthusiasm at all.

• Locked thread