Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

I recognize that the Times does do NY coverage, but seriously even papers in tiny towns will do a "here are all the candidates running in this district" thing. That's just really basic reporting.

Maybe firing all your editors and a ton of reporters wasn't a great choice, NYT.

the grey lady is decrepit and forgetful

time to bury her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This kind of poo poo makes me real mad, as a journalist, because local newspapers used to be the only way for a lot of people to find out about extremely important things happening close by. Now in many communities it's a lot easier to find out what's happening in China than what's happening in the city council.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:thunk:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ben jealous giving his victory speech. it's good stuff if rough around the edges. im looking forward to this sweaty guy throwing as many punches as he can in on the current guv. bring in a progressive dem governorship

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
ALEXANDRIA!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

the grey lady is decrepit and forgetful

time to bury her
Journalism is dying, newspapers are dying, and it's really bad for America. We're already seeing the effects.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fwiw when I lived in Madison I really enjoyed the Isthmus which was a leftist local publication that covered news and politics

Every city needs their equivalent of Isthmus

edit: https://isthmus.com/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:confused:

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1011810093782978563

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Serf posted:

when can i send more money

kaniela ing is a native hawaiian whos going up against an very powerful politcal machine in the HI dems. He's also a DSA member and will need all the help he can get.

https://twitter.com/KanielaIng/status/985360651596935169

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

Journalism is dying, newspapers are dying, and it's really bad for America. We're already seeing the effects.

there's a weird amalgam of news being consolidated into national politics only *and* news being extinguished because it doesn't bring in advertising dollars anymore, and I think both can be largely attributed to the explosive rise of social media // always-connected new-era of the internet

I think both are unhealthy and will eventually have to give way, or the pendulum swings back, to spheres that focus on actual local living and news, but I'm not sure what the path forward is on that

I know there's a lot of slow-food movements sprouting up everywhere and what I'd love to see is I guess "slow-news" sprouting up where people realize it's very important to be very aware and participative in their local communities?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You can't beat fascism because fascism will just change the definition of victory.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kaniela ing loving rules I hope to Marx he wins

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

there's a weird amalgam of news being consolidated into national politics only *and* news being extinguished because it doesn't bring in advertising dollars anymore, and I think both can be largely attributed to the explosive rise of social media // always-connected new-era of the internet

I think both are unhealthy and will eventually have to give way, or the pendulum swings back, to spheres that focus on actual local living and news, but I'm not sure what the path forward is on that

I know there's a lot of slow-food movements sprouting up everywhere and what I'd love to see is I guess "slow-news" sprouting up where people realize it's very important to be very aware and participative in their local communities?
I think it's because Americans are dumb as a box of rocks and when you give them information they get angry and destroy it.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dairy Tariff posted:

here's a cleaner version not by me

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

chelsea probably shouldn't have hung out with neo nazis

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Unfortunately years of sustained torture will break anyone’s brains

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

chelsea is very good but aimed too high for her first entry into politics imho

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
In all seriousness though I’m gravely concerned we’re gonna alienate the single-issue data center consolidation voters.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/Julie_Johnsoned/status/1011797998635020289?s=19

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jdavidgoodman/status/1011788333465382912
all about seniors

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
make peter the president, then balkanize, including the division of every single state into a new country

101 daou-nations

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

alexandria im yellin from east harlem

thank u for taking my energy

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i finally understand why Steelers fans burn down Pittsburgh every time they win a championship

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spot the lie! Spot the lie! :commissar:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

All of them should be placed in work camps.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Montasque posted:

All of them should be placed in work camps.

my favorite thing about boomer filth is that they keep bleating at me "you'll be old one day"

scum, I pray daily that when I'm old the new generations will see me as insufficient as they march towards a better future

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

same thing they said about Hillary lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

better dead than old imo

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

chelsea probably shouldn't have hung out with neo nazis

Atonement was demanded ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yikes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

they like the racism

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is far too much succ for tonight

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmfao

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

This take loving sucks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bad dems: but would it solve racism?
also bad dems: racism doesn't exist in republican districts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/MikeAllSawyer/status/1011795489056964608

• Locked thread