Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

twoday posted:

I made this sculpture out of H0 Scale railroad guys. It is called "Bavarian Interrogation" and it is about 1 inch wide.

You should listen to this song while looking at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prnED-wFQyA

I mean, ideally you should have the thing in your hand and bring it up to your face while you look at it and listen to the music, for the full effect.

shut down the thread, twoday won it

this is magnificent and the circus of the deaf is the perfect accompaniment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sliami

That sculpture makes me think of Weird Al Yankovic polka medleys.

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Nvm

twoday fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 26, 2018

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Flavius Aetass
i'm usually not pro altering art, but i think that's really neat under the circumstances

looks great, too!

belinda_short

I have feet.
I work on a lot of different things/mixed media when I stream, here's a recent coloring page I made.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I have feet.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
That's sweet. What is your stream?

belinda_short

I have feet.

blaise rascal posted:

That's sweet. What is your stream?

https://www.twitch.tv/belindasart
https://mixer.com/belindashort

Some random art if you want to see it: https://imgur.com/a/exggW

I have feet.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

that's a lot of art

you have a really cool style

Manifisto

yeah

that's a pretty extensive portfolio, and I really like it

thank you for sharing!

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

yeah

that's a pretty extensive portfolio, and I really like it

thank you for sharing!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

belinda_short

I have feet.

Luvcow posted:

that's a lot of art

you have a really cool style

Thanks everyone =) I do a lot of other stuff too (bookbinding/journal style art) but it varies on my mood.

Who made my avatar btw?

I have feet.

Macnult

Followed :)

I really like this one you did:

belinda_short

I have feet.

Macnult posted:

Followed :)

I really like this one you did:

Ahh thanks- I actually have postcards of that one if you have a P.O. box or something and want one. I have large prints too but I have to find them and I am lazy in that regard =)

I have feet.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I like this one's use of colour.

belinda_short

I have feet.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I like this one's use of colour.

That one is on a few sheets of vellum and has color/ink/graphite front and back of a couple pieces and a background sheet.

I have feet.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

belinda_short posted:

Who made my avatar btw?

I used some of your artwork (and feet :) )

belinda_short

I have feet.

Splatmaster posted:

I used some of your artwork (and feet :) )

Thanks =) I was just wondering since the page doesn't tell me, at least not where I can find it.

The feet thing I've been saying for years and I don't know why. I think it started from a bad Jeff Dunaway joke about the jalepeno on a stick and how his brother has legs and just kinda morphed.

So anytime there's a field to put a tag or something about me, I can never think of what to say.

I have feet.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

belinda_short posted:

Thanks =) I was just wondering since the page doesn't tell me, at least not where I can find it.

The feet thing I've been saying for years and I don't know why. I think it started from a bad Jeff Dunaway joke about the jalepeno on a stick and how his brother has legs and just kinda morphed.

So anytime there's a field to put a tag or something about me, I can never think of what to say.

You're welcome!

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
These would make amazing tattoos

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

belinda_short

I have feet.

twoday posted:

These would make amazing tattoos

I think tattooing would be fun, I've designed some random things for friends but it's hard for me to do cause I worry about it being on them, idk.

I have feet.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

belinda_short posted:

I think tattooing would be fun, I've designed some random things for friends but it's hard for me to do cause I worry about it being on them, idk.

lol

i'm conflicted on tattoos because i do not ever want one on me but i have many friends who love them and have asked me to draw something for them to get put on them. i guess it's up to the individual but i would feel somewhat guilty to saddle someone with a permanent piece of work on their body based on a momentary love of a piece of art. like i can definitely appreciate great works of art that people have done on them but at the same time it's just not something i feel comfortable contributing too. art is an amazing part of life but what i most appreciate is something temporary or fleeting, like a picture you can hang on a wall and move or take down or give to someone else.

belinda_short

I have feet.

Luvcow posted:

lol

i'm conflicted on tattoos because i do not ever want one on me but I have many friends who love them and have asked me to draw something for them to get put on them. i guess it's up to the individual but i would feel somewhat guilty to saddle someone with a permanent piece of work on their body based on a momentary love of a piece of art. like i can definitely appreciate great works of art that people have done on them but at the same time it's just not something i feel comfortable contributing too. art is an amazing part of life but what i most appreciate is something temporary or fleeting, like a picture you can hang on a wall and move or take down or give to someone else.

I did somewhat the opposite myself. I found a tattoo artist I liked and I allowed them to do whatever they wanted for my piece. I feel like if I'm not putting my own personal art on my body and I trust my artist, I want their vision, but I'm a little bit weird in that regard. I don't like doing custom work either.

This is the artist btw: http://noontattooart.blogspot.com/
My piece is quite different from these, though.

A friend of mine is working on a game and I am designing the cover for it, and it's all sorts of things I can do but are out of my comfort zone. I'm pushing myself because it's a friend, but if it was a normal custom piece I'd say no.

I consider art fleeting, but in a different way. Something stays with you when it comes to art you really love, or better- holds your attention. If you look at it a lot or think about it a lot, it's making your brain move and that's really something.

I have feet.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

belinda_short posted:

I did somewhat the opposite myself. I found a tattoo artist I liked and I allowed them to do whatever they wanted for my piece. I feel like if I'm not putting my own personal art on my body and I trust my artist, I want their vision, but I'm a little bit weird in that regard. I don't like doing custom work either.

This is the artist btw: http://noontattooart.blogspot.com/
My piece is quite different from these, though.

A friend of mine is working on a game and I am designing the cover for it, and it's all sorts of things I can do but are out of my comfort zone. I'm pushing myself because it's a friend, but if it was a normal custom piece I'd say no.

I consider art fleeting, but in a different way. Something stays with you when it comes to art you really love, or better- holds your attention. If you look at it a lot or think about it a lot, it's making your brain move and that's really something.

well said, theres lots of tattoos I've seen which are beautiful and i am more than happy that the people who got them love them. theres been many times I've considered getting one but i never have. just the ability to create things that evoke emotion and make people feel alive is amazing. i guess I'm just not a tattoo person, though theres been plenty of times I've considered it. and no disrespect to the people who cover themselves with them, its all part of everyones individual story.

Macnult

belinda_short posted:

Ahh thanks- I actually have postcards of that one if you have a P.O. box or something and want one. I have large prints too but I have to find them and I am lazy in that regard =)

that’d be awesome, I’m using it as a phone background at the moment :) how much would you charge for one of the large prints?

Macnult

here’s a nice little bonsai tree

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

i like it

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Macnult posted:

this tree makes me happy. is it drawn from life?

Macnult

Olive! posted:

this tree makes me happy. is it drawn from life?

it is! i was at my friends house with my sketchbook last night

Manifisto

Macnult posted:

nice!

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I want a signature with the wildcard now, but I need to wait until Summer. :(

Hey, it's summer!

I'm enjoying using neon index cards to draw and colour on:

Manifisto

they're all great but I esp like this'un

ty nesamdoom!

DavidAlltheTime

Thanks! I forgot I made some cows, too.

Macnult

DavidAlltheTime posted:

i like these cows

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

def the best of the bunch

DavidAlltheTime posted:

and this, the color palette is very nice

DavidAlltheTime

Thanks!
Here's something I made and will either turn it into a scavenger hunt clue, or slip it into my friend's luggage when they leave:

DavidAlltheTime

This is four attempts to draw people from the same source photo. I've tried portraiture before, and it hasn't worked, and this time was no different.
I know I need to draw the egg with the crosses on it to start a face, but I refuse! and even though these don't look right AT ALL, I find them creepily amusing.

belinda_short

I have feet.
I just got back from FL after having not done any work for a week, worked on a coloring page today and a couple art journal entries (bug is unfinished). Coloring page isn't done yet tho. I'm working on a game cover for a friend and it's a bit far out of my comfort zone so I decided to make the journal entry reflective of that process (representational). I may add to it though.

I streamed a while yesterday cause I was hopped up on meds (bronchitis).

I am adding a couple journal pages cause I got shots of them while I took these.

https://imgur.com/a/s1480Dm

- This one is supposed to be dark and hard to see- there's a video linked about the concept in the imgur album.

I have feet.

belinda_short

I have feet.

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Thanks!
Here's something I made and will either turn it into a scavenger hunt clue, or slip it into my friend's luggage when they leave:

I love scavenger hunt stuff! I do one with the murder mystery that I'm in and we do all kinds of fun clues.

I have feet.

DavidAlltheTime

belinda_short posted:

This one is supposed to be dark and hard to see- there's a video linked about the concept in the imgur album.

I really like the dark one.
All are grand though, thanks for sharing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

just to reiterate from earlier you have a really, really cool style. that one there is my favorite of the bunch but i'm thinking the whole journal would be an immersive read. how many journals have you filled so far?

• Locked thread