Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
blackberry's back, baby!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

quote:

Then there’s the Key2’s LCD screen, which at just 4.5-inches across and featuring an unusual 1620 x 1080 resolution, seems like something you’d get on a phone five years ago.

quote:

In even darker conditions, the differences are quite shocking. The shot from the OnePlus 6 looks like an actual photo, while the Key2’s pic starts to stray into impressionist painting territory.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
is there a photog equivalent to audiophiles? just sell it as a feature

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jabor posted:

dypers

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

President Beep posted:

blackberry's back, baby!

back from what remains a mystery. I'm imagining that place where the ship from Event Horizon went, hell

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Boiled Water posted:

back from what remains a mystery. I'm imagining that place where the ship from Event Horizon went, hell

backberry, baby!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
the camera's so bad you won't need eyes

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Boiled Water posted:

looks like it brought something back with it :ohdear:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

looks like it brought something back with it :ohdear:

lmao

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Jabor posted:

im sure there is at least one huckster selling gold memory cards for DSLRs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dypers are trying to justify the pixel 3 looking like a cheap chinese iphone knockoff

Taffer posted:

Chinless designs are super annoying to handle. I don't want it to be huge, but a chin for a place to put your fingers where you aren't touching the screen and where you can have a speaker is 100% great and I do not want it to go away. Cut down on potential screen size for that erryday.

On the same note, curved edges. gently caress curved edges.

It's amazing how clunky the iPhone x is to handle. I thought removing the button would improve the experience because the button has always sucked, but somehow they managed to make a gesture system that's even worse and requires weird pauses and twists and constant long presses for everything.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

but somehow they managed to make a gesture system that's even worse and requires weird pauses and twists and constant long presses for everything.

legendary apple ux

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

infernal machines posted:

legendary apple ux

it's not hard to use at all

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

3d touch is dumb as gently caress and exists purely because they couldn't figure out how to keep the ui interaction simple

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

3d touch is dumb as gently caress and exists purely because they couldn't figure out how to keep the ui interaction simple

force touch owns on the keyboard for moving the cursor around and it's good for the slide up settings/app drawer

i use it for literally nothing else tho

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
3D Touch owns

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

that's not what that poster is referring to

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what is "constant long presses" referring to?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

probably the app switcher

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

probably doing some completely dumb useless poo poo like force-quitting every app and toggling bluetooth/wifi every 10 minutes like an idiot with brain problems

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

my ram!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

probably doing some completely dumb useless poo poo like force-quitting every app and toggling bluetooth/wifi every 10 minutes like an idiot with brain problems
in the ios 12 beta you don't even need to longpress in the app switcher anymore

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

dypers are trying to justify the pixel 3 looking like a cheap chinese iphone knockoff

weird that they signed their post at the beginning

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

O____O

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OldAlias posted:

weird that they signed their post at the beginning

lmao

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

that phone looks.. fine? it's the same as every other phone to me these days (incl Apple). just a big ol roundrect with tiny bezels. i still am not a fan of notches, although in theory Androids already have the menu bar up there which could be kinda packed into that space. i don't count on any Android having a great implementation though

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

stealing top bar space on a platform that allows every application to throw an icon up there seems like a bad idea

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

stealing top bar space on a platform that allows every application to throw an icon up there seems like a bad idea

you aren’t excited for multiple rows of icons?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
disable notifications for most apps and it's a non issue.

the notch is still ugly

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

necrotic posted:

the notch is still ugly
friendless, too

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

necrotic posted:

disable notifications for most apps and it's a non issue.

the notch is still ugly

Most users probably aren't aware of it but yeah, Android has OS level override for app icons going back a while now. You can customize to where each app can/can't do specific things, like: popover alerts, audible chime, vibrate, etc. There's even an API where apps can expose different classes of notification to the OS menu where you do this stuff, so in theory you wouldn't need to open the app to adjust different types of notifications, but very few apps use this API

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

FMguru posted:

friendless, too

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Most users probably aren't aware of it but yeah, Android has OS level override for app icons going back a while now. You can customize to where each app can/can't do specific things, like: popover alerts, audible chime, vibrate, etc. There's even an API where apps can expose different classes of notification to the OS menu where you do this stuff, so in theory you wouldn't need to open the app to adjust different types of notifications, but very few apps use this API

hahaha what a dumb pile of poo poo who buys these things

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

iOS has standard notification controls for every app

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
yeah so does android whats your point

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

so android is seriously just re-implementing the last 30 years of windows, but on a cell phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum