Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

guess which popular manga/anime this is an adaptation of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMEV1UOtAE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Beato Believer posted:

Are retirees NEETs?

I mean, yeah technically.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

moepire

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Jackard posted:

Nothing about that screams 'vampire' to me
they didnt even give them flesh fangs at the very least, gently caress this show

has someone with pointed canines, i demand good vampire representation

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 27, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

they didnt even give them flesh fangs at the very least, gently caress this show

has someone with pointed canines, i demand good vampire representation
The prejudice about moepires has got to stob!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of vampires, the next four eps of Castlevania are apparently coming in the autumn. I’m up for that - I quite liked the first set.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

i like the episode of Mnemosyne where rin and her secretary get drunk and gently caress and then rin goes to hang out with some dudes at a crossdressing bar, but unfortunately its in mnemosyne

i don't remember this so i guess now i have to. . . finish mnemosyne

was it before or after it timeskipped to the cyberpunk future

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

no, don't

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Parallax posted:

guess which popular manga/anime this is an adaptation of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMEV1UOtAE

I'm guessing either Kemono Friends or Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans.

(The description makes it obvious. The trailer... does not match well with the description. Who thought what Kaiji needed was clowns kung fu fighting CGI monsters?)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

everything in the future absolutely sucks except the part where the secretary wanders onscreen puts her finger to her lips, and tries to figure out who has had sex with who to lead them to this conclusion, including pointing at the various characters in the scene, and then the show ends

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nice Kancolle reference.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

DisDisDis posted:

i can't tell how genuine this post is cuz it's drunk and I'm 2:58 am but there's like 3... 4? manga i know where lesbians and gay dudes exist at the same time without combusting and i treasure them all for various reasons and idk i woulda liked it cuz i like all her other stuff

I like this one manga where it's two sets of gay siblings. The guys are in love, and the girls are in love. It has the "GET MARRIED, YOUR FAMILY COMMANDS IT" thing, but it solves it by having the guys and girls get into sham marriages, having a joint ceremony since their families are close, and then having a joint honeymoon. :allears:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Schubalts posted:

I like this one manga where it's two sets of gay siblings. The guys are in love, and the girls are in love. It has the "GET MARRIED, YOUR FAMILY COMMANDS IT" thing, but it solves it by having the guys and girls get into sham marriages, having a joint ceremony since their families are close, and then having a joint honeymoon. :allears:

Sounds like Wedding Bells are Ringing, by Asou Natsuko. I think there was only one set of siblings, though; the brother marries the sister's girlfriend and the sister marries the brother's boyfriend. (Also, fair warning to anyone who wants to look it up, it's very NSFW.)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Long live the non-moe art tag

e; also i figured i read this before and it turns out i was right

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

everything in the future absolutely sucks except the part where the secretary wanders onscreen puts her finger to her lips, and tries to figure out who has had sex with who to lead them to this conclusion, including pointing at the various characters in the scene, and then the show ends

A 6 ep ova about a lesbian couple that canonically fucks and runs a detective agency and iirc owns a dog that has a great metal OP and it's a new genre every episode and there's weird apocryphal angel poo poo seems like a pretty slam dunk anime concept that would be hard to gently caress up but i guess they did smh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

A 6 ep ova about a lesbian couple that canonically fucks and runs a detective agency and iirc owns a dog that has a great metal OP and it's a new genre every episode and there's weird apocryphal angel poo poo seems like a pretty slam dunk anime concept that would be hard to gently caress up but i guess they did smh
kara no kyoukai has a weird bi agender person and their sugar mommy running a detective agency and getting into knife fights so at least it has that going for it, though kokutou is kind of boring and idk what the deal is with lio

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that sounds epic and I already thought shiki looked cool in fgo and stuff. are the films or the manga better? or is it a vn or go home situation?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

watch the movies, they look great and have amazing music

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

The part where Rin sticks the time fruit into the villains vagina was kind of great in a really weird transgressive style way. I really dislike Memnosyne but I think there's a glimmer of greatness there, that's maybe why I'm so hard on it.

And unfortunately it's not new genre every episode it's just a bad police procedural and a bad saw every episode except for the one where Rin gets sucked into a jet engine that one's good. It's so over the top I just had to laugh, they got me good

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 28, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the first ep was suddenly a zombie movie and the last one i watched but didn't finish was cyberpunk and i don't remmebr much else except being on a boat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice boat

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Not too many hitters this season besides Grand Blue eh? No love for Overlord III?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

*deep breath*

i wish the best for this show, ttgl is amazing and klk stumbled but still has moments and episodes i love

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm planting curses on the show to counteract your wishes.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

good luck to all anime 👍

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sharkopath posted:

I'm planting curses on the show to counteract your wishes.

that's fine, maybe the show they make afterward will be better like how the best moment of KLK was actually in Inou Battle episode 5 when Tomoyo opened up her chuuni speech in front of a mirror and replicated Satsuki's heel click, making the sound vocally. honestly the perfect combo of studio meta gag and actual thematic relevance

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Space Flower posted:

that's fine, maybe the show they make afterward will be better like how the best moment of KLK was actually in Inou Battle episode 5 when Tomoyo opened up her chuuni speech in front of a mirror and replicated Satsuki's heel click, making the sound vocally. honestly the perfect combo of studio meta gag and actual thematic relevance

Trigger will have to make a good show without the outside support of either white or black magic to aid them.

A fair trial....

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hackadoll was already good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

hackadoll was already good

And they got a swiss druid to defeat my hexes and brought good luck to production.

But I am much stronger now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

YOUR rear end IS GRASS HANS

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

that sounds epic and I already thought shiki looked cool in fgo and stuff. are the films or the manga better? or is it a vn or go home situation?

it's not based on a vn, but novels. nasu wrote the novels while he was still in high school and the films have a lot of editing and changes, some nasu pitched and some ufotable pitched to him, to make it less 'i wrote this in high school.' so the movies are pretty much the definitive version. I think the manga mostly follows the movies and theres some great art in the manga (its by a touken ranbu doujin artist that blatantly wants Shiki to kabedon them, which I am extremely here for), but I'm not sure it's fully scanlated.

Actually it might still be running.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's the director from nichibros

i had concerns about comedic timing and you've assuaged them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the kara no kyoukai movies are definitely worth watching despite spending a fair amount of time exploring the recesses of their own butthole.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the kara no kyoukai movies are definitely worth watching despite spending a fair amount of time exploring the recesses of their own butthole.

imo, navel gazing is badass and good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

kara no kyoukai has a weird bi agender person and their sugar mommy running a detective agency and getting into knife fights so at least it has that going for it, though kokutou is kind of boring and idk what the deal is with lio
The one thing that I like about Shiki's portrayal is that she's not portrayed as crazy because of her whole dual personality / agender (which is due to being raised that way) but because she's kinda like T. Sean Collins from World War Z in that she's a murderous psycho, even before she can see the death of all things.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Endorph posted:

imo, navel gazing is badass and good

there's introspection and then there's seemingly endless speeches about what murder really means

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah I distinctly remember really liking the characters, action, and magic mysteries in KnK and being really bored and confused when it started philosophizing at me. Luckily it's mostly the good stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

(its by a touken ranbu doujin artist that blatantly wants Shiki to kabedon them, which I am extremely here for)

That is understandable. Though I thought Shiki wore a robe all the time. That's at least most of what I've ever seen.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 28, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

it's not based on a vn, but novels. nasu wrote the novels while he was still in high school and the films have a lot of editing and changes, some nasu pitched and some ufotable pitched to him, to make it less 'i wrote this in high school.' so the movies are pretty much the definitive version. I think the manga mostly follows the movies and theres some great art in the manga (its by a touken ranbu doujin artist that blatantly wants Shiki to kabedon them, which I am extremely here for), but I'm not sure it's fully scanlated.

Actually it might still be running.

I'd want this shiki to kabedon me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

That is understandable. Though I thought Shiki wore a robe all the time. That's at least most of what I've ever seen.

yeah thats a new outfit for the manga, they sometimes wear other clothes but 90% of the time its jacket over kimono

• Locked thread