Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Those are some pretty good procedural fish. Star Citizen looking nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

G0RF posted:

Everything hinges on whether or not the Vanduul section includes discussion of the ceremonial spiky stick sword that also doubles as the ignition for Vanduul craft. If we get that, I’ll be over the moon!

Do you think their spiky sword/ignition keys have little dongles on the end, like other, smaller knives that unlock their house and their bike lock? Or a USB stick, or a plushie Minion?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Those are dolphins. I love dolphins.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

ManofManyAliases posted:

Dolphins rape people. Why do you love these horrible rape-fish?

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Why do you love these horrible rape-fish?

Those aren't dolphins. Those are ocean yetis.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I want them to patch in the option to attend a Vanduul sword party.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
So in Warframe today, I realized you could buy a loving aquarium for your ship. It cost me 90 platinum, which I made from selling off several blueprints I didn't need. So I hit up the store and saw that 4300 platinum cost 99 dollars. Often on sale at 75% off. So to play fair I'm just going to take the discounted value, cause who the hell will buy platinum at its actual value?

4300 / 25 = 172 platinum per $

Since Star Citizen never has discounts, lets do some math!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/Fishtank/Fishtank-Mark-I

1,000 UEC = $1
172 Platinum = $1

Star Citizen Fishtank = $5 (5000UEC)
Warframe Fishtank = ~ 50c (90 platinum)

BUT! In Warframe I catch fish and put them into the aquarim, in Star Citizen, each fish is 1,000 UEC each.

So for the same amount of fish I have which is 6, thats another 6 dollars I need to cough up just to have my stupid rear end Fishtank Mk1.

Here's Warframes Fishtank.

Oh Star Citizen has an upgraded fishtank?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Either in spoiler bars or via PM, can someone spoil "Second Dream" for me? I know absolutely nothing about Warframe's plot or setting or even gameplay except it's a loot-n-shoot where you have crazy magic power armor and jump around killing massive hordes of dudes, and that the plot is kind of boring and generic until the "Second Dream" quest which contextualizes everything and retroactively makes the entire story good.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Either in spoiler bars or via PM, can someone spoil "Second Dream" for me? I know absolutely nothing about Warframe's plot or setting or even gameplay except it's a loot-n-shoot where you have crazy magic power armor and jump around killing massive hordes of dudes, and that the plot is kind of boring and generic until the "Second Dream" quest which contextualizes everything and retroactively makes the entire story good.

You're basically a kid who's remote controlling an EVANGELION-esque robot suit via scifi telepathy and wake up in your real body

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulBreakableReubenPrimeMe

Twitch chat was not impressed. I didn't grab a screencap in time and it wasn't as bad as e3, but there were a few "Scam Citizen"s and at least one person said they were sorry for anyone working at star citizen.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ManofManyAliases posted:

:same:

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Second dream:
IIRC (it's been a while since I did it) Warframes aren't AI or people in suits, they're war machines remotely piloted by kids with psychic powers who were put into stasis by the progenitor race because the progenitor race was scared shitless of their power. The reveal is p well done cinematically, and lets you summon your inner psychild in battle and *insert your choice of bullshit space magic here*

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
Really, though, Clem being canonical is the best warframe lore addition.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

80 whole likes, huh? Star Citizen is nothing if not ambitious.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Pilz posted:

Sorry I meant it's nothing but ambitious. You can practically smell the ambition. Smells like desperation.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Pilz posted:

I was going to fund an attempt to double Sandi Gardners favorite number but I thought that might be reaching a little

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Why the gently caress is there a Warframe in Star Citizen?

e: Holy poo poo I can't stop laughing.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

It’s 82 likes, Jobbo, not 80 — stop spreading FUD, the hype is real!!!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

no_recall posted:

For the same reason there's a Venture?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

no_recall posted:

e: Holy poo poo I can't stop laughing.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Phi230 posted:

I got Empyrion Galaxtic Survival and I hate survival games but im trying to fill a Shores of Hazeron sized hole in my heart

I've pulled together a bunch of people on Discord. Things have been pretty quiet as of yet but there are some other people from the thread interested in playing if we pull the trigger on giving that terrible game a shot again. Join us.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

drat, they look delicious.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Squadron 42 was complete years ago - as Ben said he played through the entire thing - but they've only just worked on their first alien weapon?

:hmmyes:

They just used placeholders for absolutely everything.

Ben played CoD.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I so hope this can be used with bears. Allthough I fear the deep learning algorithms might explode when trying to analyze crobberts handwaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc5P2bvfl44

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

tuo posted:

I so hope this can be used with bears. Allthough I fear the deep learning algorithms might explode when trying to analyze crobberts handwaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc5P2bvfl44

Something about this terrifies me.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Meridian posted:

Something about this terrifies me.

Only something?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-2-0m-ptu-794284-patch-notes

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Store Citizr : Please the game frozen for 5 minutes so we can collect data

:laffo:

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks
It is my sad duty to inform you that

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

MedicineHut posted:

600i capacity stress test sucsfl !

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/277951253

Meanwhile in chat:

All this in a server where they were trying to spawn just one ship to avoid issues and accompanied by CIG devs.

Can you move around your ship without falling out make your own JPEGs: Yes

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Koil posted:

Already missed delivery

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

How are you guys that bought it enjoying Star Traders: Frontiers? Bounced off a few games so far this steam sale, but I want to dig into this one.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Someone shop Crobbler into this.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:five:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Koil posted:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Dolphins rape people. Why do you love these horrible rape-fish?

Dolphins are mammals :colbert:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Great design for a bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Koil posted:

goddamnit