Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Spanish Manlove posted:

The secondary market is a bunch of retards.

I am a retard for buying this poo poo, but I'll host a beer dinner with it, share the love (and recoup my losses).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Started a no stout buying policy around a year ago, significantly improved my beer enjoyment.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

MunchE posted:

Started a no stout buying policy around a year ago, significantly improved my beer enjoyment.

except for the Founders Breakfast Stout they released in New Hampshire, of course

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MunchE posted:

Stouts are not the problem. Adjunct stouts that taste like syrup are. Get thee on a nice dry stout <6%

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

MunchE posted:

Founder's Breakfast Stout
The Abyss
Ten Fidy
Speedway Stout
Death by Coconut

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Stouts are good but only if they're not hype whale razzle dazzle Ms. Frazzle specials. My usual store still has high west victory at Sea and that hits the spot for BA beer when I feel like splurging. But otherwise I'd rather just go to 7venth sun and buy one of their beers.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

KBS, BCBS, Parabola, BA Ten Fidy, and Abyss (with variants) are all easily found on shelves here, wattba.

e: oh yeah and Uncle Jacob's!

air- fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 27, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

air- posted:

KBS, BCBS, Parabola, BA Ten Fidy, and Abyss (with variants) are all easily found on shelves here, wattba.

Yes, no, yes, yes, no

What do you guys think of Sunday Morning Stout?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

i remember it being a touch thinner and hotter than the likes of KBS, but still a strong choice for like $15 a four-pack

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Checked a Wawa I passed for any good beer. Nope. Craft stuff is a variety of local IPAs, Golden Monkey, and the standard stuff like Sam Adams and Fat Tire. Otherwise it’s all macrobrews.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yes, no, yes, yes, no

I really REALLY like Sunday Morning Stout. It hits the spot for a nice rich coffee stout without being too expensive/a bomber.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My new thing is just never buying bombers or 750s.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Spanish Manlove posted:

My new thing is just never buying bombers or 750s.

Same, but lambics don't come in 6 packs.....yet

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
375s and 500s do technically count under this rule ...

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

air- posted:

e: oh yeah and Uncle Jacob's!

Also Expedition Stout that you've stuck in your closet for a year.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Fat Lou posted:

Same, but lambics don't come in 6 packs.....yet

:allears:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I have two of those :v:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I bought 6 750s of Boon black label because it was like $12. It violates the 750 rule but I have 6 black label.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Podima posted:

I really REALLY like Sunday Morning Stout. It hits the spot for a nice rich coffee stout without being too expensive/a bomber.

:same:

I have the added benefit of being local so it's everywhere when it's in season.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I went to 7venth and had a good rear end Helles and some fine other beers like a Brett IPA.

Now I'm drinking garbage syrup at AC and anyone who drinks this poo poo is a loving degen with no palate imo.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone able to suggest some good double IPAs similar to King Sue by Toppling Goliath? It's really hard to find in my area, and while Pseudo Sue is available and pretty good it's definitely not on that same level. Tank 7 by Boulevard is close, and I was lucky enough to buy a couple of cases of that at Costco for $20/each, but I'm still looking for something closer to that King Sue.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I'm not super into pills which is an absolute sin in here, but Lenny boy in Charlotte does one called life in the south brewed with grits and it's just a solid drinkable beer.

Also went to an awesome German restaurant where I got my go-to rouladen with a liter of Franz dunkel which tasted ridiculously good. Been a while since I had it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I went to 7venth and had a good rear end Helles and some fine other beers like a Brett IPA.

Now I'm drinking garbage syrup at AC and anyone who drinks this poo poo is a loving degen with no palate imo.

i wanna pick up a sixer of that helles this weekend, sounds really good.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone able to suggest some good double IPAs similar to King Sue by Toppling Goliath? It's really hard to find in my area, and while Pseudo Sue is available and pretty good it's definitely not on that same level. Tank 7 by Boulevard is close, and I was lucky enough to buy a couple of cases of that at Costco for $20/each, but I'm still looking for something closer to that King Sue.

Tank 7 is a saison and tastes nothing like a double IPA, you sure you're not thinking of perhaps something from Stone or Alesmith? :psyduck: anyway where are you located?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

air- posted:

Tank 7 is a saison and tastes nothing like a double IPA, you sure you're not thinking of perhaps something from Stone or Alesmith? :psyduck: anyway where are you located?

Hell I dunno, I guess maybe they're both just citra hopped and seemed similar to me. I'm just getting back into beer after a long time away so I dunno what the hell I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska

e: another couple I've liked are Spacedust and Dayglow IPAs by Elysian.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 27, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Captain Duvel posted:

I'm not super into pills which is an absolute sin in here, but Lenny boy in Charlotte does one called life in the south brewed with grits and it's just a solid drinkable beer.

Also went to an awesome German restaurant where I got my go-to rouladen with a liter of Franz dunkel which tasted ridiculously good. Been a while since I had it.

A good pitcher of dunkel is the best thing to get at a German restaurant. Pale lagers are overplayed. Bring on the dark bread of beers!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Whoops, totally misread a post

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Anyone have any thoughts about Brut IPAs? Seems to be a new thing popping up here and there.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

obi_ant posted:

Founder's Breakfast Stout
The Abyss
Ten Fidy
Speedway Stout
Death by Coconut

Yes, I've had them all. I could show up to a bottle share with all of these in my bag along with 10 other guys desperately trying to find someone to split the mountain of 22oz+ stout bottles they're sitting on, 2-3 would get opened and then everyone would drink other stuff because stouts get real loving samey

internet celebrity posted:

Anyone have any thoughts about Brut IPAs? Seems to be a new thing popping up here and there.

Brut IPAs rule.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The brut IPAs I have had have been worse than haze IPAs so I am not a fan.

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King

I've had one, and it was real good. The fruity hoppiness of a NEIPA, the dryness of a saison, and the clean finish of a good lager. I'm sure there's some bad ones out there but the Great Lakes (Ontario) Brutalism is pretty great.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
West Coast grainbill with the addition of enzymes to dry it out further, then hopped like a NEIPA? Sounds kind of interesting. Also just sort of sounds like someone dry-hopped the poo poo out of a cream ale / blonde ale.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

he said before waiting 10 hours in line for a terrible Wakefield beer

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

nah posted:

he said before waiting 10 hours in line for a terrible Wakefield beer

That I will trade for SARA or rare Polish Ice Ciders.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Enos Cabell posted:

Hell I dunno, I guess maybe they're both just citra hopped and seemed similar to me. I'm just getting back into beer after a long time away so I dunno what the hell I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska

e: another couple I've liked are Spacedust and Dayglow IPAs by Elysian.

Yeah, Tank 7 definitely doesn't use citra.

If you're looking for more fruit-forward pales, look for anything labelled "hazy," "juicy," or "NEIPA."

chitoryu12 posted:

A good pitcher of dunkel is the best thing to get at a German restaurant.

You misspelled "schnitzel."

(Dunkels are underrated.)

In KY beer news, everyone was right and everything is mediocre. Except Goodwood Bourbon Barrel Stout which would be overcarbed for any style of beer, let alone that one. It tasted like old Dr. Pepper. So for all of you that are like "ALL STOUTS ARE THE SAME," go gently caress yourselves because you forgot how lovely some brewers can be.

danbanana fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 28, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

danbanana posted:

You misspelled "schnitzel."

A...pitcher of schnitzel?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
just blend that poo poo up with some brown gravy and pour it into my fat loving face

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

just blend that poo poo up with some brown gravy and pour it into my fat loving face

same except sausage gravy

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Gimme some spaetzle with mushrooms and gravy too and a liter of kolsch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
kostritzer swartz fo lyfe