Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Playing Mario Odyssey for the first time. The New Donk City Festival is the best thing I've ever experienced in a game.

The whole game is really good, and the festival is just Nintendo taking a victory lap for 30 great years of games and inviting you to the party, and handing you some champagne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Playing Mario Odyssey for the first time. The New Donk City Festival is the best thing I've ever experienced in a game.

It’s the most purely joyous sequence and made me happier playing through 3 minutes of it than the entirety of every first party Sony and Microsoft title over the past 15 years

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

torn between that, peach's choice when you beat the game, or cappy's monologue when you climb the huge tower in darker side as the game's best moment.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Mario's canon age is 24 or something equally ridiculous

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That part of Mario Odyssey made me go back and play Mario 3 and Mario World purely because I wanted more nostalgia from my youth.

Well played Nintendo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the climb at the real finale of the game made me tear up.

i did like everything i could do before that point too so it was really the end of a game that completely sucked me in for weeks

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

torn between that, peach's choice when you beat the game, or cappy's monologue when you climb the huge tower in darker side as the game's best moment.

Honestly the best moment is when bowser is dazed/unconscious whatever and you realize what you need to do.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Mario is 9 years old

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's incredible. Mario Odyssey is so good.

I don't really understand why a proper 3d donkey Kong wasn't the main new donk boss, it would have been perfect. I guess Nintendo don't really do that though, which is probably for the best

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

the climb at the real finale of the game made me tear up.

i did like everything i could do before that point too so it was really the end of a game that completely sucked me in for weeks

I genuinely got a bit tearful at this. It was perfect. And then Pauline's hat

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

an actual dog posted:

I cried a little.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Honestly the best moment is when bowser is dazed/unconscious whatever and you realize what you need to do.

the best is the trippy flashback cutscene like when you possess the frog the first time

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Mario was born Jumpman in Brooklyn, NY in 1981, making him 37 years old.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't cry playing mario becasue i'm not a god drat moron

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

mysterious loyall X posted:

:agreed:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmgMrYgTsw&t=177s my reaction to reading abotu ppl weeping while playing a mario game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmgMrYgTsw&t=177s my reaction to reading abotu ppl weeping while playing a mario game

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Nintendo thread is a no-judgment zone.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im crying about mario right now and im not even playing it, grow up

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

everyone has to cry about mario sometimes. i cried about this, from the gamer tricks thread, the next day, when i was on the toilet for almost an hour.

Bicyclops posted:

one time i was playing Super Mario World with a roommate, and he was getting bored because he kept dying really quickly and having to wait for me to finish a level, so he told me you could kill the bone fish with a cape attack, and he managed to be convincing enough that i tried it and lost my cape. i survived the level anyway and then he immediately died again, so he offered to make some frozen chicken nuggets while i played the next level. then he put a bunch of habanero pepper sauce on one of the nuggets as a prank, so my face was numb from the spicyness.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

one time i was playing Super Mario World with a roommate, and he was getting bored because he kept dying really quickly and having to wait for me to finish a level, so he told me you could kill the bone fish with a cape attack, and he managed to be convincing enough that i tried it and lost my cape. i survived the level anyway and then he immediately died again, so he offered to make some frozen chicken nuggets while i played the next level. then he put a bunch of habanero pepper sauce on one of the nuggets as a prank, so my face was numb from the spicyness.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

very cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't find the hidden chapter in World 3 of Mario + Rabbids.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the desert one looks awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell yeah

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Just found out a physical copy of Flashback, the quest for identity is coming out for the switch so I preordered it. Supposedly the definitive version of the game

I love that game but only beat it once. My favorite stages are the game show stage and the stage with the subway trains

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sunken city ftw

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress yeah

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Wet Dry World is forever one of the coolest and most abstract level settings

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

that ivy guy posted:

discovering the hidden town blew my freakin mind

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that ivy guy posted:

Mario 64 has a lot of cool but abstract level settings, which is no complaint about the cool but less abstract Odyssey settings.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

all the floating colorful geometry in the bowser stages own

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Mario 64 has a lot of cool but abstract level settings, which is no complaint about the cool but less abstract Odyssey settings.

Makes sense since 64 is taking place within magical paintings whereas Odyssey visits inhabited places within the Marioverse.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Mario lore ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao