Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

AlphaKretin posted:

Classifying Kingdom Hearts this way amuses me.

E: Interesting that FFT gets a spot on "which games have you played". Must be on their mind.

They also talked about Dungeon Siege and other dormant IPs.

Most of the questions were about streaming, Games-as-a-Service, and Twitch/Let's Plays. They know where the wind is blowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sunning posted:

You kids want to help Square-Enix decide their future and beg for Chrono Break while you're at it?

Square-Enix's Player Survey: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/help-us-shape-the-future-of-square-enix

Went ahead and filled it out. A rough summary of my responses are "You're terrible at management and your remakes are generally bad, but you actually give a poo poo and still make good games so I'll still buy them."

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't hate Chrono Cross. I didn't even quit Chrono Cross. Though to be fair, I never even started Chrono Cross either.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mega64 posted:

Went ahead and filled it out. A rough summary of my responses are "You're terrible at management and your remakes are generally terrible, but you actually give a poo poo and still make good games so I'll still buy them."

Oh dammit I just finished and I completely forgot to slag them for the FF Steam ports.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
There's always an unspoken assumption when people bring up Chrono Cross that everyone hates it, but tbh most of the time I see other posters talk about it they all seem to like it. It's not like FF13 or something in terms of hate.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i don't like chrono cross for various reasons, primarily mechanical, but it's a very visually impressive game with a soundtrack that has its ups and downs but mostly ups.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Reiterpallasch posted:

nuclear take: chrono cross was good

It Tru tho.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

zedprime posted:

Its not a bad way to make a game but the world has moved on for the moment, even in strategy. They get around it in things like Xcom and Invisible Inc by letting you lose without losing. Hell even Fire Emblem these days kind of fits in that mold if you feel like playing hardcore on a normal difficulty.

I mean yes this game was often beaten by actual children at the time but, hey, things change, and,

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Sunning posted:

You kids want to help Square-Enix decide their future and beg for Chrono Break while you're at it?

Square-Enix's Player Survey: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/help-us-shape-the-future-of-square-enix

I did what I always do with these, and begged them to make more Ogre Battle games (or at least remake MotBQ).

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Gologle posted:

I wish chocobo riding was better than it is is FFT.

I wish they would make a new and improved Chocobo Racing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I want a new Mario RPG and no paper mario doesn't count

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

IcePhoenix posted:

I want a new Mario RPG and no paper mario doesn't count

???

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Those don't count either

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GulagDolls posted:

radical dreamers is the best one

It's probably my favorite of the three.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should play X-2

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

You should play X-2

Yes, this.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

when they asked what site i visit the only thing i could fill in was other (please specify) something awful dot com forums

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Can't believe they forgot Crisis Core.

And that apparently 1 through 8 are all one game.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I wrote them a moderately scathing note about how I know they're working with Yasumi Matsuno, he's doing content for XIV, make Tactics 2 you cowards

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I wrote them a moderately scathing note about how I know they're working with Yasumi Matsuno, he's doing content for XIV, make Tactics 2 you cowards

I asked for Star Ocean But Good Like Star Ocean 2 (this is the game's actual title)

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
They include Mobius and Brave Exvius, but not Record Keeper. C'mon, it's coming up on its 4th year anniversary now.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

They include Mobius and Brave Exvius, but not Record Keeper. C'mon, it's coming up on its 4th year anniversary now.
Mobius is directly made by Square and Brave Exvius is done by Gumi/Alim in an official capacity for Square. Record Keeper is just DeNA licensing the Final Fantasy brand from Square, thus why they constantly run into weird licensing issues.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

This is a SPICY take considering Nomura is able to finish precisely nothing and is, by all accounts, kind of a godawful director. He's a designer!

He might at least be a bit better if he wasn't working on approximately 10 billion projects at a time.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sunning posted:

It wasn't for the lack of them but I wish someone from Square would read all the :words: I have to say.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is a SPICY take considering Nomura is able to finish precisely nothing and is, by all accounts, kind of a godawful director. He's a designer!

So are we just not counting handheld games again.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Help Im Alive posted:

You should play X-2

Also Lightning Returns

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Bregor posted:

I did what I always do with these, and begged them to make more Ogre Battle games (or at least remake MotBQ).

I can't believe I loving forgot to do this!

I begged for more SaGa instead.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I asked for a console version of Crisis Core. My PSP is dead and buried.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Renoistic posted:

I asked for a console version of Crisis Core. My PSP is dead and buried.

Crisis Core Switch Port.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dr Pepper posted:

So are we just not counting handheld games again.

Also the console Kingdom Hearts. Also that's loving funny when you consider that Matsuno's most notable work, a game I adore, was a game he so poorly mismanaged the development of they needed two directors to finish the job.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I told them to just give Taro Yoko a big bag of money on the condition that he keeps working with Keiichi Okabe and Emi Evans. I'll buy whatever comes out of that collab. Doesn't even have to be a game, really.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Sunning posted:

I asked for either a new Chrono Game or a remaster and worldwide release for Seikendensetsu 3 for the Switch.

Odd, I never saw this screen :/ Maybe it was because I said that the Mana series was my favorite.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 28, 2018

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Most of the Tactics staff is either working on FFXIV or freelancing. I suppose it's possible that they hire Matsuno/Yoshida/Sakimoto as freelancers and contract a grunt development team to make the game.

lobster22221 posted:

He might at least be a bit better if he wasn't working on approximately 10 billion projects at a time.

I'm not sure if he's even hands-on with any individual project these days. Nomura's in charge of the overarching concept of a game and does periodic checkups on the team since they're usually not at the company headquarters in Tokyo. It's a common setup for producers at Square-Enix but it was usually done with mid-sized projects.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Odd, I never saw this screen :/ Maybe it was because I said that the Mana series was my favorite.

Same, I asked for a Platinum mana game because I still think it would be funny to do sick combos on Rabites.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schwartzcough posted:

I added it to other even though I haven't played it in forever :hfive:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Phantasium posted:

Same, I asked for a Platinum mana game because I still think it would be funny to do sick combos on Rabites.

Doing sick combos on Rabites would be amazing :allears:

E: Oh man, and you could keep the percentage thing, every hit you do takes so much off forcing you to back off every so often. And Platinum Dodging could give you some meter back. Dangit now I want this.

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 28, 2018

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Sa-weet, hit the credits in XII, another one down! Didn't capture me enough to want to do sidequests but that was a good Final Fantasy that I dug. I mighta liked it even more had I played it back in the day, but playing it right after/alongside the 13s, 15, and Octopath it felt clunky in the transition from not being firmly "classic" style and not having the QoL and streamlining parts of the more modern stuff. The Ivalice style is great and I'd love to see more in not-an-MMO with the art level allowed by newer tech instead of the PS2-era look. How bout an FFXV flashback DLC yo.

I'm not sure if I can celebrate or not, in the end can I count it that in FF form I killed god, again, or was that just like some dude with a helping hand of a rebel god-ish cast out? ..Who I guess also wanted to kill god..and it seemed like after Ashe decided not to do what the spooky ghost gods said it didn't really matter if Vayne or Vaan won, both sides had already decided humans would guide their own fate? Still mattering for the people if the empire won or not of course.

The reverse catch-up checklist now at 15, 13-2, 13-3, 12, and have 10-2 on deck.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

teh_Broseph posted:

Sa-weet, hit the credits in XII, another one down! Didn't capture me enough to want to do sidequests but that was a good Final Fantasy that I dug. I mighta liked it even more had I played it back in the day, but playing it right after/alongside the 13s, 15, and Octopath it felt clunky in the transition from not being firmly "classic" style and not having the QoL and streamlining parts of the more modern stuff. The Ivalice style is great and I'd love to see more in not-an-MMO with the art level allowed by newer tech instead of the PS2-era look. How bout an FFXV flashback DLC yo.

I'm not sure if I can celebrate or not, in the end can I count it that in FF form I killed god, again, or was that just like some dude with a helping hand of a rebel god-ish cast out? ..Who I guess also wanted to kill god..and it seemed like after Ashe decided not to do what the spooky ghost gods said it didn't really matter if Vayne or Vaan won, both sides had already decided humans would guide their own fate? Still mattering for the people if the empire won or not of course.

The reverse catch-up checklist now at 15, 13-2, 13-3, 12, and have 10-2 on deck.

Have you played X yet? Because X-2 will make a whole lot less sense if you haven't.

Also if anyone was wondering, Guests leveling up is confirmed in Zodiac Age. I know someone already said that they do but I now have first hand experience from last night :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

I told them to just give Taro Yoko a big bag of money on the condition that he keeps working with Keiichi Okabe and Emi Evans. I'll buy whatever comes out of that collab. Doesn't even have to be a game, really.

I said they should let him direct Final Fantasy 16, because it's less of a joke than the last time they did this survey and everyone asked for Nier 2.