Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
IDK how many of you are Kontakt users, but SoundDust just put out another library that looks fun as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtBxEcnX5YU

SoundDust is one of those companies where I kinda say "oh no" every time something of theirs comes out because I know I'm going to buy it. They just really focus on injecting chaos into their instruments in really creative ways and I can't resist that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Audiokit just released their free open source Synth One for iPad and it looks pretty :deadmau5:

https://audiokitpro.com/synth/

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

Trig Discipline posted:

IDK how many of you are Kontakt users, but SoundDust just put out another library that looks fun as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtBxEcnX5YU

SoundDust is one of those companies where I kinda say "oh no" every time something of theirs comes out because I know I'm going to buy it. They just really focus on injecting chaos into their instruments in really creative ways and I can't resist that poo poo.

Hadn't heard of them before. Thanks for the tip!

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Y'all see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGpu2jqeg8

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

Amazing. I saw the guy's thread on Muff's when he first posted, it's kind of amazing how far he's gotten already. This is much more appealing to me now than most of the regular O+C apps. I'm kind of over how complicated they are, and I find the interface frustrating.

Also, maybe it's just his mic, but those encoders sound way more solid than any I've ever used.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

after revisiting a few old youtube videos i bought a keystep for it's sequencing capabilities. i can't stop sequencing. please help.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

good jovi posted:

Amazing. I saw the guy's thread on Muff's when he first posted, it's kind of amazing how far he's gotten already. This is much more appealing to me now than most of the regular O+C apps. I'm kind of over how complicated they are, and I find the interface frustrating.

Also, maybe it's just his mic, but those encoders sound way more solid than any I've ever used.

I grabbed a Northern Light cOC O&C for the Easel and the interface is uh something else, glad I got it used, best of luck to the next guy. :v:

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

after revisiting a few old youtube videos i bought a keystep for it's sequencing capabilities. i can't stop sequencing. please help.

You can never have too many sequencers

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Startyde posted:

You can never have too many sequencers

my power supply begs to differ

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've had to start a second power strip. Synths are on one, sequencers and my MIDI splitter are on another. And some colored LEDs on that second one too, cause my stuff is on a glass table.

PC with Ableton is on a third, but I'd have that anyway.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i meant the one in my case :eng101:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hey I decided to sell my Beatstep Pro too if you demand more sequencing for cheap.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860846&pagenumber=1

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I finally purged the Elektron from my life. That was quite the wild ride.

This extra cash in my pocket should re-ignite my GAS soon enough tho, so what other hype trains can I jump onto with both feet?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I really want to try out the TR-8S but really can’t justify getting one until I sell my TR-8 at the least. Or you know, stop spending so much effing money on vinyl.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

hahahahaha you want to *stop* spending money on vinyl to get a sampler? sounds kinda backwarss fams

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

byob historian posted:

hahahahaha you want to *stop* spending money on vinyl to get a sampler? sounds kinda backwarss fams

Yah, like take a break from vinyl for a month, save for the TR 8S, and then go back to buying vinyl. Not sure what’s so backwards about that.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Plavski posted:

I finally purged the Elektron from my life. That was quite the wild ride.

This extra cash in my pocket should re-ignite my GAS soon enough tho, so what other hype trains can I jump onto with both feet?

What elektron did you sell?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

net work error posted:

What elektron did you sell?

Digitakt. When I got the Deluge, the Digitakt suddenly had very few unique things to shout about, so it and the Circuit had to go.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Yah, like take a break from vinyl for a month, save for the TR 8S, and then go back to buying vinyl. Not sure what’s so backwards about that.

more records → more samples :thunk:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
To pick the conversation thread back up from a few pages ago, this situation I found myself in earlier this afternoon is why I write my music while sober and not stoned:

If I'm high enough to feel it significantly, then I'm high enough that I constantly alternate between either A) having the amount of time I can focus on or remember something be shorter than the time between when I start playing a two bar bassline and the time I get to the end of it to remember what the last note is; and B) spending 15 minutes hyperfocused on the position of one note in the bassline in the piano roll while the bars loop because the note sounds out of time no matter how far forward or back I move it.

and ain't none of that helping me a better musician or write better material.

At least as a consolation prize for me, the stuff I've been writing lately does sound absolutely marvelous when you're so high you can't tell which way is up and I can heartily recommend it as an afternoon's listen after 3-4 bowls of strong poo poo:
https://soundcloud.com/user-984973587/sets/marginalized-beta-version/s-02m75

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

theres a reason , i suppose, that acid was invented on machines with only 16 steps

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

byob historian posted:

theres a reason , i suppose, that acid was invented on machines with only 16 steps

I'll have to see if I might have better success trying to program my X0Xbox while baked, especially since I haven't turned it on in quite a while.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

byob historian posted:

more records → more samples :thunk:

I don't think you understand how much vinyl I have collected in only a year. I have plenty of sampling material where taking a break wouldn't really affect my sampling options. But actually finding the will to avoid a record store for a month is another story, haha.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

MrSargent posted:

only a year

o u sweet summer child :allears:

srsly tho lmk if u need any discs i have been doin it a little bit longer 👍

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

HotCanadianChick posted:

I'll have to see if I might have better success trying to program my X0Xbox while baked, especially since I haven't turned it on in quite a while.

I first read that as "naked," and was about to offer my condolences on your synth relationship.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

After The War posted:

I first read that as "naked," and was about to offer my condolences on your synth relationship.

I've been wanting to add some felt to the bottom of my Push because it's uncomfortable to keep on your lap without pants

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Had a scare with my euro subsystem.

I'm running with a row power 30, after a few hours of use had the entire system light up like a Christmas tree and all audio stop. Like all the lights on every module lit up. Turned it on later to check and everything's working, but after less time it happened again.

The power supply might not strong enough to power everything, but I'm surprised at the low power condition of "turn on every light on every module", so I guess I'll have to start experimenting with the cheap/replaceable modules in that case to be sure.

That or this was my software synths giving me a gentle reminder why hardware is scary.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

stillvisions posted:

Had a scare with my euro subsystem.

I'm running with a row power 30, after a few hours of use had the entire system light up like a Christmas tree and all audio stop. Like all the lights on every module lit up. Turned it on later to check and everything's working, but after less time it happened again.

The power supply might not strong enough to power everything, but I'm surprised at the low power condition of "turn on every light on every module", so I guess I'll have to start experimenting with the cheap/replaceable modules in that case to be sure.

That or this was my software synths giving me a gentle reminder why hardware is scary.

Did your euro play this after all lights when on ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubmcr5FmkRU

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

You have used 43 of 300 characters allowed.
Tortured By Flan
Picked up a Novation Peak earlier today and have been loving jamming with it connected to my Linnstrument. It has a wide range of sounds and plenty of knobs to minimize menu diving. I've played around with it for a couple hours now and am impressed at how easy its been to dial in playable sounds, plus the onboard reverb, chorus, and delay have been great.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Anyone interested in a Deluge might want to check your available cash.

quote:

Hello friends. This is just a little heads up that for the first time in quite a while, we are about to sell out of stock :( + :). Superbooth coverage smashed our Deluge stock levels far more than we anticipated and we could be out of stock for a little while, so if you have friends who have been holding off pulling the trigger, give them a nudge :)

Oh, and this is a thing now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe9qaEvj7Zg

Plavski fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 5, 2018

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Saw this in the Trump thread. Best snap up those moderately-priced M32s before President Deals snaps them away.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scottlincicome/status/1014135157685567490

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

still no cho/del/rev ffs at least a delay elektron the monomachine's delay has got to use no cycles just do it

That's equity firm they got mixed up with really has the reigns huh. AH came out like a year and a half ago didn't it?

jvilmi
May 29, 2004
Heads up for anyone who wants a Behringer Model D without queuing, this UK store still has them in stock: https://reverb.com/item/11704813-behringer-model-d-desktop-analogue-synth & https://www.signalsounds.com/behringer-model-d-desktop-analogue-synth

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Startyde posted:

still no cho/del/rev ffs at least a delay elektron the monomachine's delay has got to use no cycles just do it

That's equity firm they got mixed up with really has the reigns huh. AH came out like a year and a half ago didn't it?

It should have had a better screen from the start. What a useless release.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
So uhhh...

Today we’re delighted to invite you to sign up for the closed beta of Overbridge 2.0.

To be eligible to take part, we assume you have basic knowledge of your Elektron units, DAW, and computer.

Selection is a manual process and not all applicants will be accepted at this time. The selection will be done in stages and depends on what part of Overbridge we are currently testing

NEVER have i watched my inbox as carefully.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

It should have had a better screen from the start. What a useless release.

I guess it allowed them to jack the price~

It’s certainly still cheaper than a lot of rack units in its vein but I’d keep an eye out for used mkis, were I in the market.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I have a MKI myself and its pretty great - especially if you're mucking around with a mix of hardware and software.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I'm having a lot of fun using Ableton as a VST host and doing all my music stuff on the Deluge. With the Push, I can basically use Ableton as a multi-timbral hardware synth and sequence everything from the D. I really enjoy writing music on the Deluge this way as it means I'm not 100% bound to the DAW. I can just unplug my Deluge and work on the piece elsewhere, replacing the MIDI parts with built-in synth parts while I'm not hooked at my desk. It's so quick and neat that I'm finding less reasons to use my remaining hardware (Boog, MicroMonsta, 0-Coast) and this weird dawless/daw compromise is taking over my workflow.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Just what I always wanted, a hardware sequencer that lets me get back in the box

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

JamesKPolk posted:

Just what I always wanted, a hardware sequencer that lets me get back in the box

A laptop with Ableton is just a knobless Access Virus :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
since I’m not planning on buying a prophet 5, what is considered the best VST? Some people say the Arturia one is nice but nothing like a P5...so are there alternatives?