Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

For forever i would buy computer speaker sets and hook them up to my TV and that's ok, but more recently started getting into powered studio monitors and have no clue why people waste money on anything else, not even expensive and sound divine.

Same reason you didn't buy monitors sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

friendly 2 da void posted:

I also bought a Sticker Hat. Really excited.

Heh the military has been doing those hook & loop hats for years. Here's one on Amazon for $10.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I call it the American Sniper Chris Kyle hat.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
new glasses :anime:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Josh Lyman posted:

Which computer sets did you have and what monitors do you have now?

The computer speakers were all logitech brand, the monitors are Mackie 6'' ones, I think they have a new version now:
https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-MR6mk3-6-Inch-Powered-Monitor/dp/B00EA1W1M0

Thinking about getting a sub to go along with the monitors but those are quite a bit more and the speakers already have a ton of bass.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

The computer speakers were all logitech brand, the monitors are Mackie 6'' ones, I think they have a new version now:
https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-MR6mk3-6-Inch-Powered-Monitor/dp/B00EA1W1M0

Thinking about getting a sub to go along with the monitors but those are quite a bit more and the speakers already have a ton of bass.
Were the Logitech’s the THX certified sets? If not, I can totally understand why the difference would have been night and day.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i have the logitech Z906 which are the THX 5.1 set. they're real good and have so many different inputs that i use them for everything

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

strap on revenge posted:

i have the logitech Z906 which are the THX 5.1 set. they're real good and have so many different inputs that i use them for everything

I agree, it's great value and great sound. No need for a receiver or anything. Also on sale fairly often.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I bought a refurbished Logitech 5.1 Z680 setup for my pc in like 2003 or something and only recently the headphone jack is finicky but still fine. My home theater setup I bought all NHT's in 2001 and still going strong. Spend the money on a good setup and you won't have to upgrade for a long long time.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I just preordered Subterranean Press' limited edition of The Three-Body Problem. I already own it in a more normal variant but I am a sucker for their work.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology
Front row tickets to see this man

star in this play

at the Weston Playhouse in Vermont. This was apparantly the theater that he started his acting career at, so this should be a great time.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Is he playing Doc Gibbs? That's who I was in college. :v:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I went to buy something completely different but picked up two of these 1½$ Berol pens mostly because I wanted to see how good a pen you can get for that price:

Turns out the one that came with a black cartridge is poo poo and the one that came with a blue cartridge is totally fine.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

My first new car.
A 2018 Nissan Altima SR Midnight.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Fly with me posted:

My first new car.

Congrats, that's a hot car!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fly with me posted:

My first new car.

Dang that’s nice. Enjoy it :)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Fly with me posted:

My first new car.

Need to murder out those windows asap. New altimas look good, but drat I love the new maxima.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
A ticket to go to the pictures next week.

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/d...60-EE239E9B377C

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress yes :perfect:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

according to my parents, dropping acid and watching this in the theater is quite a time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fly with me posted:

My first new car.

Whoa, congrats to Nissan for selling one!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

LifeSunDeath posted:

according to my parents, dropping acid and watching this in the theater is quite a time.

You don't need to drop acid, it's sort of embedded into the movie.

My father took me to see this when it came out. We both fell asleep. :kiddo:

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Need to murder out those windows asap. New altimas look good, but drat I love the new maxima.

It's already back at the dealership getting tinted.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

New watch for my wedding ☺️

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

New watch for my wedding ☺️

Nice ultrathin JLC buddy :):respek::)

It's amazing how pictures don't do watches of these prices justice. When you have the watch in front of you every little detail seems exquisitely polished, and new colors are even appearing. The sunburst dial alternates between silver and champagne colored. I love the design of the master collection, I think more brands should have similar simple, classic and elegant designs. I find the huge diver watches ugly.

I bought a brown replacement strap for it and it makes the watch look even better.

My recent purchase: I bought a hardware sequencer

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good choice! I need to find nice replacement straps I don’t want to pay £400 for jlc croc ones. Ideal world I’d like a brown croc and an orange croc to spice it up now and again :) or maybe khaki.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

Good choice! I need to find nice replacement straps I don’t want to pay £400 for jlc croc ones. Ideal world I’d like a brown croc and an orange croc to spice it up now and again :) or maybe khaki.

supposedly the JLC straps come from this artisan so you can get same quality but more choice and cheaper :)

https://www.camillefournet.com/en/watch-band/leather-watch-band

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I might have a dice problem.

(White ones are custom d20s with a symbol from our campaign in place of the 20.)

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

(White ones are custom d20s with a symbol from our campaign in place of the 20.)

Crazy repect crazy.

I've bought far too many poly dice over the years, including metal and semi precious stone. I've supported a Kickstarter and got one of every color it produced. But I've never gone so far as to have custom dice made. I'm impressed.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

There's no such thing as too many dice. I think I have a good 8 "sets" in pouches and then a cubic foot vase filled to the brim. Actively have to stop myself from gathering more because I only run 1 game IRL already and they're mostly just pretty.

Where did you get those customs made? I am working on a new campaign I'm going to do as serialized one shots that could use a few special d20s to make it a little more exciting than just looking for the 20's and 1's.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

supposedly the JLC straps come from this artisan so you can get same quality but more choice and cheaper :)

https://www.camillefournet.com/en/watch-band/leather-watch-band

Thank you so much for this link. I never knew I liked the way ostrich leather looked until now.

edit:
Holy poo poo, the grey python. This site is gonna cost me thousands. I'm already going through all my watches thinking of new/alternate straps.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Jun 28, 2018

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Thank you so much for this link. I never knew I liked the way ostrich leather looked until now.

edit:
Holy poo poo, the grey python. This site is gonna cost me thousands. I'm already going through all my watches thinking of new/alternate straps.

I also bought one from here (blue stitch) https://www.iwantastrap.com/ and they look extremely nice

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nephzinho posted:

Where did you get those customs made? I am working on a new campaign I'm going to do as serialized one shots that could use a few special d20s to make it a little more exciting than just looking for the 20's and 1's.

I did them through a Kickstarter by these guys: https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/customized/custom-dice.html

I’m not sure they do custom d20 usually, but you could ask.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Along with things like anti-seize compound, brake fluid, etc...

First time replacing my brakes, watched a couple videos, I think I'll manage it ok.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

stay safe, brake ghost

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DrBouvenstein posted:

Along with things like anti-seize compound, brake fluid, etc...

First time replacing my brakes, watched a couple videos, I think I'll manage it ok.

what up brake buddy. I just got these to do my brakes. It has been like 20 years since I have done a brake job.

Also I used to get Bendix brakes for free, this is the first time I have ever paid for brakes.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Fly with me posted:

My first new car.

Sir, this is a Wendy's drive through.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Where did you get the custom ones made?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Flaggy posted:

Where did you get the custom ones made?

did them through a Kickstarter by these guys: https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/customized/custom-dice.html

I’m not sure they do custom d20 usually, but you could ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Dick Trauma posted:

You don't need to drop acid, it's sort of embedded into the movie.

My father took me to see this when it came out. We both fell asleep. :kiddo:

I was only three when it came out originally, so I didn't see it in the cinema at that time :)

I'll be seeing it boringly sober, I'm afraid.