Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/1012173005743538176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

yeah that's nice call me when i can customize them all

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dehry posted:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Salon_Maiden_Anabel

Pokemon introduced a multiverse and then Sun and Moon confirms people can travel between them. She's a "Faller" who had a wormhole open up and deposit her in the Sun/Moon world from Emerald. Loooker does a similar thing in ORAS, setting up his appearance in X&Y.

That's dumb. Not fun dumb like a lot of other stuff in this series, that's just regular dumb.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's dumb. Not fun dumb like a lot of other stuff in this series, that's just regular dumb.

Do you mean Anabel's specific story, or just the fact that Pokemon has a multiverse? :v:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I liked it. Why do you think it's unfun dumb?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I guess the customization is why you can’t evolve them but also why can’t I evolve EEVEE of all things

I hope they make eevee useful because I am absolutely putting one on my head

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

It appears to be down now, what did it say? I'm guessing from context that it was something about being able to "customize" eevee/pikachu in the Lets Go games?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I guess the customization is why you can’t evolve them but also why can’t I evolve EEVEE of all things

We know Pikachu has one hell of a stat boost (enough so that I have to wonder why you'd ever use Raichu now) so Eevee will likely get the same. It won't change the fact that Eevee has a terrible movepool but it may get improved too since Pikachu got Double Kick for Brock (despite the game forcing you to get a Water or Grass type to even enter the Gym).

hangedman1984 posted:

It appears to be down now, what did it say? I'm guessing from context that it was something about being able to "customize" eevee/pikachu in the Lets Go games?

Indeed. You can give them ribbons and play Pokemon Amie with them.

https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/1012169283374370816
https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/1012169156349911040

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I’m assuming Eevee will get an extensively altered movepool and probably access to Extreme Evoboost.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wait, you can't evolve Eevee in this game? Isn't that the entire point of that particular Pokemon's existence?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Wait, you can't evolve Eevee in this game? Isn't that the entire point of that particular Pokemon's existence?

Yep if you want to evolve one you have to catch one that doesn't hang out on your head.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I’m assuming Eevee will get an extensively altered movepool and probably access to Extreme Evoboost.

From what we've seen, there's likely no held items in the game, so no Z-Moves or Mega Evolution.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yep if you want to evolve one you have to catch one that doesn't hang out on your head.

That seems dumb, but if there are other Eevee you can find during the game I guess that kind of makes it a little better (unlike in Yellow where I believe the Pikachu you get at the start is the only one in the entire game outside of trainer battles).

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No, that's unbelievably stupid

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's unfortunate. it sucked in pokemon yellow too

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

What, you can easily use Pikachu for the entire game!

(Do not actually do that)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Crosspeice posted:

What, you can easily use Pikachu for the entire game!

(Do not actually do that)

I wouldn't know. The only time I played Yellow, it was a Nuzlocke, and poor Adam fell against Sabrina (he wasn't the only one, though, Sabrina wrecked my team, I'm still surprised I beat that battle and that Nuzlocke with how badly it went).

That said yeah, don't use Pikachu in Yellow. At least Let's Go! gives it enough of a boost to make it worthwhile, since now it's faster than Raichu and nearly as strong. No Light Balls or Z-Crystals though.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wouldn't know. The only time I played Yellow, it was a Nuzlocke, and poor Adam fell against Sabrina (he wasn't the only one, though, Sabrina wrecked my team, I'm still surprised I beat that battle and that Nuzlocke with how badly it went).

That said yeah, don't use Pikachu in Yellow. At least Let's Go! gives it enough of a boost to make it worthwhile, since now it's faster than Raichu and nearly as strong. No Light Balls or Z-Crystals though.

Poor Raichu. :smith:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

at least alolan raichu is cool as heck

even as a kid when I was a huge mark for pikachu and the anime, I still boxed pikachu by the end in yellow. felt bad about it tho

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
level 47 pikachu against 60 aerodactyl??

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dizz posted:

level 47 pikachu against 60 aerodactyl??

Crosspiece is our LP daredevil and has attempted dumber things then that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

at least alolan raichu is cool as heck

even as a kid when I was a huge mark for pikachu and the anime, I still boxed pikachu by the end in yellow. felt bad about it tho

The games too easy to not use Pikachu tbh, it's a necessary handicap now

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So far I've just taken on the final challenges after doing everything else in the game, no grinding required (aside from getting everyone to the same level) and it's worked in every game I've done so far!

Anything is possible when you use Revival Herbs every other turn! Also cool that all the Pokemon games seem to end at around the same level. Huh.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Welp, that kind of killed my desire to get the Eevee version now (evolution is the entire point of that Pokemon, without it it's just a standard Normal type with no real good moves), unless they give it a significant stat boost or something that is. I'll probably play this anyway though as the concept of a Pikachu with stats better than a Raichu's is kind of appealing.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 28, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Raichu would kick pikachu's rear end, easily

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

sharrrk posted:

Raichu would kick pikachu's rear end, easily

True, I still vastly prefer Raichu (and it gets even better in Sun/Moon where it's now a Psychic type as well) but this at least balances things out a bit considering that in the original Yellow version Pikachu was basically worthless with the exception of a few gyms.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in gen 8 dedenne evolves into raichu and pikachu does not evolve

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

also raichu has dedenne whiskers

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Larryb posted:

True, I still vastly prefer Raichu (and it gets even better in Sun/Moon where it's now a Psychic type as well) but this at least balances things out a bit considering that in the original Yellow version Pikachu was basically worthless with the exception of a few gyms.

The real hero of Yellow was the Dugtrio you could capture before the 3rd gym, it wrecked the poo poo out of everything after that. It was like 10 levels above your normal pokemon, so fast, and absolutely destroyed Surge's gym.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

The games too easy to not use Pikachu tbh, it's a necessary handicap now

the game was always easy. I don't play pokemon for a challenge; I play pokemon for the cool monsters

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

in gen 8 dedenne evolves into raichu and pikachu does not evolve

You can't say this

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Larryb posted:

Welp, that kind of killed my desire to get the Eevee version now (evolution is the entire point of that Pokemon, without it it's just a standard Normal type with no real good moves), unless they give it a significant stat boost or something that is. I'll probably play this anyway though as the concept of a Pikachu with stats better than a Raichu's is kind of appealing.

Don't you get a full team of 6 plus your box companion? I'm invested in an all-eeveelution team more than ever now.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dienes posted:

Don't you get a full team of 6 plus your box companion? I'm invested in an all-eeveelution team more than ever now.

I mean, remember its limited to Gen 1 mons so you could only have Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon.

Also the box companion counts as a regular slot.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The hardest* Pokemon challenge known to man is obviously the Mass Effect 3.

Three eevees you cant evolve each with a different colored berry.

If they eat their berry for any reason they're dead.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zore posted:

I mean, remember its limited to Gen 1 mons so you could only have Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon.

Also the box companion counts as a regular slot.

Okay I freely admit I forgot it was Gen 1 only. Eeveelutions + 2 coverage mons it is!

Although if they updated the movesets, you could really abuse Baton Pass....

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whos your favorite pikachu clone i like emolga

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Minccino

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Super No Vacancy posted:

Emolga or Dedenne are mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Mimikyu. :colbert: