Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The eyes are too big.

Also the first Broly movie and Fusion Reborn are coming to theaters in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

New Leaf posted:

I don't know if any of you collect Dragonball Funko Pops, but they're finally releasing Tien and he comes with a tiny Chiaotzu.

https://toywiz.com/dragon-ball-z-funko-pop-animation-chiaotzu-tien-vinyl-figure-384/

Also, Namek Bulma, Roshi, and Androids-era Gohan.

These belong in the trash. I guess to be fair 99% of funko pops belong in the trash.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Funko Fat Buu is fine because it's just one of the XV Majin faces

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

buu is actually the only one that looks half decent, even if he's a far cry from being appealing or cute. of course tien look awful because he's got a whole three soulless black eyes, and bulma isn't afro bulma.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Monaghan posted:

These belong in the trash. I guess to be fair 99% of funko pops belong in the trash.

I still haven't found the 1% that doesn't. I guess stuff like BB-8 that translates well to Funko simply because it lacks eyes and other things the Funko style would turn into soulless abominations.

I can only imagine getting a Funko if I can't get anything else and that's not the case for Dragon Ball. If you want cute DB toys, please, get WCFs. They span the entirety of Dragon Ball, from classic to Super and even non-canon stuff, the SD style is adorable and they're really well done. There's probably a bunch of other choices too, but I'll shill the one I actually collect.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Meh, Funko are cheap and easy to find so I don't mind if my daughter messes with them. And the Krillin one is petty spot on since he doesn't have whites in his eyes anyway.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Jesus, Buu looks like something out of binding of Issac

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've never seen a funko that doesn't look awful and I'm not sure it's even possible

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Funkos are poo poo

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Even if it wasn't the intention, this interview just shouts "yes, we get it, GT was a bad idea" to me. Mostly the constant repetition of how you just can't have Dragon Ball without Toriyama.

Though then again, the Heroes adaptation is coming out soon, so I guess they don't care that much about it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even if it wasn't the intention, this interview just shouts "yes, we get it, GT was a bad idea" to me. Mostly the constant repetition of how you just can't have Dragon Ball without Toriyama.

Though then again, the Heroes adaptation is coming out soon, so I guess they don't care that much about it.

To be fair, that guys is with Shueisha, not Toei.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Funkos are poo poo

Lot of Funko hate..

This change anyone's mind?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

New Leaf posted:

Lot of Funko hate..

No because part of the joke is not seeing Yamcha's face

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Calaveron posted:

No because part of the joke is not seeing Yamcha's face

I like sleeping Yamcha as much as anyone but no, Funko pops still suck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

Lot of Funko hate..

If it were Peacefully Sleeping Yamcha, sure. But it's Dead Yamcha, and they managed to massively gently caress up one of the most iconic poses in Dragon Ball history.

If anything, it reinforces my mindset that Funkos are poo poo.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Lot of Funko hate..

Absolutely not

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

GT? Hakai
The Super Manga? Hakai
Funko Pops? You guessed it... Hakai

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Lot of Funko hate..

That's napping on the couch Yamcha, not dead Yamcha

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

multijoe posted:

GT? Hakai
The Super Manga? Hakai

I agree with all of these opinions.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

multijoe posted:

GT? Hakai
The Super Manga? Hakai

Blaze Dragon posted:

I agree with all of these opinions.

:agreed: with these.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fine, fine, more useless hunks of plastic for me!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Lot of Funko hate..

Sure changes my mind from poo poo to abominations, yeah

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TFS have got a new video up with a clip from the DBZA finale, starts at 4:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMfOQX9VbLs

filicide

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Make a Wish Foundation, also known as Shenron, would like to issue a statement that it's not his fault these dipshits keep summoning him.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hell yeah finally!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The unthinkable has happened: Gohan finally learned to DODGE

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

The unthinkable has happened: Gohan finally learned to DODGE

Yeah but...I mean he could be dodging better.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

To be fair, that guys is with Shueisha, not Toei.

That interview makes it pretty clear that Toei is just doing animation grunt-work for Shueisha, and that Shueisha are the main people running the show. They have a "Dragon Ball Room" that's more or less analogous to the Star Wars "Story Group" that's been behind pretty much every DBZ thing since 2016.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"I'm 6!"

"Oh. Huh."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
King Dog doesn't care if children fight in martial arts tournaments. They sign up, they are adults and put their life on the line for the citizen's amusement. And he needs his bread and circuses as he can get them before the next alien, horrible mutant, ancient evil or weirdo comes to earth to do Kai knows what. Hell, he can't even remember most of them happening because - uh, oh, it didn't happen? Why do I have this sensation that a lot of murder occurred?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 28, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So everyone here knows about Dragon Ball Z Abridged, the satirical fan-made parody series. Some of you may be aware of the YouTube user Masacox, Lawrence Simpson, the voice actor for Goku in the series. His portrayal of Goku is generally on point and gets the spirit of the character, though it can go too far.

What you may not be aware is that he has a YouTube channel series where he presents theories and fan fiction. Hardly a novel concept, it is, after all, a very easy way to get a lot of views on YouTube. It sure seems to work for that obnoxious Game Theory guy.

Apparently, he fell in love with one of his theories, figuratively. It came from his discussion of what he thinks would have happened if Raditz didn't die and instead became a regular cast member.

When I looked for an episode of Dragon Ball Z Abridged after finding out they did a short clip for episode 60, I found out that he decided to go further than just making therories.

He decided to make a radio drama about his alternate universe.

Presented for your cringe, Dragon Ball R&R: https://youtu.be/SoZdndUY-hw

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 28, 2018

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Are those his sayan kids?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
If the next dragon ball isn't modern family in the dragon ball universe I will burn all the dragon ball things I wasted money on.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dragonball R&R is cute and its honestly not that bad. its a little amateur but, its not professionally made, of course its gonna be

if it keeps focusing on cute little slice of life stuff with raditz's family being involved in dragonball world things it will be fun. if it tries to get all serious and dramatic i dont think it will pull it off

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

drilldo squirt posted:

If the next dragon ball isn't modern family in the dragon ball universe I will burn all the dragon ball things I wasted money on.

I am in

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Card list for UM 3 is out

http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/cardlist/index.php?search=true&category=418103
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/cardlist/?search=true&category=418902&free=UMP-16%20UMP-17
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/ca...UMP-26%20UMP-27
http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/cardlist/?search=true&free=PUMS4&category=418902

Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta look pretty snazzy with their new trenchcoats. Xeno Goten didn't get a card though :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

loving

God drat It Goten

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/nappa_7838/status/1010485537243709441

:psyduck:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did someone loving nuke Nappa's head what the hell

Also while I can be forgiving of SSJ4, God that does not do that form any favors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Obviously fake. He didn't grow pants of any kind.