Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Nope! Alcest got really popular (as much as you can get playing super melancholic post-rock, I guess) with the Explosions in the Sky-loving crowd and ever since around Les Voyages de l'Ame, Alcest has been his main priority, which I guess makes sense. I mean, they've been touring behind Kodama for 2 years. After finally seeing them live, I'm kinda jonesing for a new album, tbh. :peanut:

As cool as that would be, they already made the perfect Alcest song with Oiseaux de proie. How can they top it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I listened to Kodama this afternoon. It is in fact very, very good. Neige is awesome.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Misandry Cannon posted:

As cool as that would be, they already made the perfect Alcest song with Oiseaux de proie. How can they top it?
That's a really weird way to spell "Untouched", but yeah, it's gonna be a hard record to top. Well, if Car Bomb was able to top w^w^^w^w with Meta and Every Time I Die was able to top their entire discography with Low Teens, I'm sure Neige can top Kodama.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Eight Is Legend posted:

Hahaha, Henrik, is this you? Never thought I'd see Team Britney pop up on Something Awful.

Don't doxx me, man :tinfoil:

But yeah, that's me with Team Britney and a couple of hangarounds :)

(And you are?)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It's an absolutely lovely midsummer day over here, which is a great time to post a new Night Flight Orchestra track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVtMiXEg2CI

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I like that a lot more than the other one they put out recently. I'm not sure if I really need another album in the style of Amber Galactic though, that album is fantastic but listening to the new tracks gives me a pretty big "I've already heard this" reaction.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Nordick posted:

It's an absolutely lovely midsummer day over here, which is a great time to post a new Night Flight Orchestra track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVtMiXEg2CI

Hey I really like this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know why they're classified as hard rock, since this is poppy as hell.

AND I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT. GIVE ME MORE TASTY EUROPOP, PLEASE!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Dog Fashion Disco is following up last year's re-recording of their first album so it didn't sound like it was recorded in a public restroom with a similar treatment of their favorite bits from the next two albums. They've already uploaded like half of it to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb8WGCge-pI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pda9FjXN6kA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDr6ZNe8QjE

I think they're gonna be continuing down this re-recording route for the next few releases, but that's probably gonna be less due to old recording quality and more to spite the owner of Rotten Records for not letting them buy their old recordings back. That kind of re-release always go well...

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
some fresh Death Metal for yall

https://daily.bandcamp.com/2018/06/27/new-death-metal-bands-list/

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Haven’t heard a bunch of these. Thanks man!

Nice

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Wark Say posted:

I don't know why they're classified as hard rock, since this is poppy as hell.

AND I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT. GIVE ME MORE TASTY EUROPOP, PLEASE!

Well there's Brother Firetribe, they have been doing this poo poo for like 15 years and are pretty good at it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nXG_jmTBY

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I haven't heard quite all of these, but that Replicant album is my favorite dm album so far this year.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
A rather extensive tour this fall...

Relapse Contamination Tour

Dying Fetus, Incantation, Gatecreeper, and Genocide Pact.

Sep 19 Flint, MI @ Machine Shop
Sep 20 Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s
Sep 21 Indianapolis, IN @ The Emerson Theater
Sep 22 Grand Rapids, MI @ Elevation
Sep 23 Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
Sep 25 Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
Sep 26 Salt Lake City, UT @ Metro Music Hall
Sep 28 Calgary, AB @ Dickens Pub
Sep 29 Edmonton, AB @ The Starlite Room
Oct 01 Vancouver, BC @ The Red Room
Oct 02 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Oct 03 Portland, OR @ Bossanova Ballroom
Oct 05 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
Oct 06 Fresno, CA @ Strummer’s
Oct 07 Los Angeles, CA @ The Regent Theater
Oct 08 Phoenix, AZ @ Club Red
Oct 10 Lubbock, TX @ Jack’s Backroom
Oct 11 Ft. Worth, TX @ Rail Club
Oct 12 Austin, TX @ Barracuda
Oct 13 Houston, TX @ The Secret Group
Oct 14 New Orleans, LA @ The Parish at House of Blues
Oct 16 Winter Park, FL @ The Haven Lounge
Oct 17 Greensboro, NC @ Blind Tiger
Oct 18 New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
Oct 19 Hartford, CT @ The Webster Theater
Oct 20 Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Smalls Theater/Brewtal Beer Fest
Oct 21 Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Soundstage
Oct 23 Richmond, VA @ The Broadberry
Oct 24 Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts
Oct 25 Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall
Oct 26 Quebec City, QC @ Salle Multi
Oct 27 Montreal, QC @ L’Astral
Oct 28 Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
Oct 29 London, ON @ London Music Hall

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

The Kins posted:

Dog Fashion Disco is following up last year's re-recording of their first album so it didn't sound like it was recorded in a public restroom with a similar treatment of their favorite bits from the next two albums. They've already uploaded like half of it to Youtube.

I think they're gonna be continuing down this re-recording route for the next few releases, but that's probably gonna be less due to old recording quality and more to spite the owner of Rotten Records for not letting them buy their old recordings back. That kind of re-release always go well...

Loved the last re-imagining. Can't believe they're skipping 9 to 5 At the Morgue though on this one though.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p8CO_YlaxE

Can't wait.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

gently caress me, that's a lineup.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Might attend the Chicago show, but man, seeing the Emerson on that bill is a blast back to high school.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I follow ND on Facebook and apparently they're doing an all ages show in Los Angeles, August 28th, with Cattle Decapitation, Crematorium and Thrown Into Exile, start time 6PM

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
TIL that Abbath does a pretty loving on-point Lemmy impersonation. Vocals wise, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z62NArGII3A

Nordick fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 28, 2018

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

A rather extensive tour this fall...

Relapse Contamination Tour

Oct 18 New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre

See y'all at gramercy. Look for probably the only one there wearing an Enslaved shirt and drinking soda.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Fenrir posted:

See y'all at gramercy. Look for probably the only one there wearing an Enslaved shirt and drinking soda.

If the shirt doesn’t say THE BEACON! on the back, I am disappoint.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Oh cool, I can make their Emerson show.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nordick posted:

TIL that Abbath does a pretty loving on-point Lemmy impersonation. Vocals wise, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z62NArGII3A

This fuckin rules, give him some glasses and a cowboy hat and he's pretty much indistinguisable

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

To Battle posted:

If the shirt doesn’t say THE BEACON! on the back, I am disappoint.

Hahaha, I'll have to get some electrical tape or something and make that happen.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nordick posted:

Bömbers is loving awesome.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Nordick posted:

Some years back at the Inferno festival I saw him get up on stage with Sodom to do Ace of Spades. Was a good time.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I will never forgive myself that I loving missed Motörhead at Wacken 2004, because I was at the swimming pools and they played earlier than I thought. :saddowns:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Boston show is at Brighton Music Hall, a very small venue that has banned moshing.

Dying Fetus at a venue that doesn't allow moshing. :thunk:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i've never seen a place that has "no moshing" policies actually enforce them

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ya I'm pretty sure at this point every single concert will have a no moshing rule just for deniability in case of injury.
Stoked for that tour though, this is turning in to a great concert year.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KozmoNaut posted:

Bömbers is loving awesome.

Yeah this. I saw them play a small show, the whole thing was fun and silly as hell. The crowd kept yelling “hey Abbath!” Like Lou Costello. Everyone was singing along, playing air guitar, it ruled.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i've never seen a place that has "no moshing" policies actually enforce them
BB King's, 2006, after they got sued

Snowy posted:

Yeah this. I saw them play a small show, the whole thing was fun and silly as hell. The crowd kept yelling “hey Abbath!” Like Lou Costello. Everyone was singing along, playing air guitar, it ruled.
They did this during the Immortal reunion show at BB King's in 2007 because they couldn't mosh

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ive seen moshing at Brighton Music Hall, except it was lame "moshing at a band that doesn't play moshy music" so it kinda petered out on its own.

I dont even know of a venue that actually "allows" moshing. They usually have signs saying no moshing for insurance/liability reasons but let it happen anyway.

Also as a former concert security employee we couldnt stop people from moshing even if we wanted to lmao.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah all security can do when a pit starts is hope to avoid an Active Moshing Situation

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

whats an active moshing situation?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

whats an active moshing situation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7njvwB-Ks&t=240s

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i wouldnt know anything about that the only pantera i listen to is metal magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

been listening to the entire discography again for the first time in a long time and its real good and i remember how loving dope Pantera was