Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

teh_Broseph posted:

Sa-weet, hit the credits in XII, another one down! Didn't capture me enough to want to do sidequests but that was a good Final Fantasy that I dug. I mighta liked it even more had I played it back in the day, but playing it right after/alongside the 13s, 15, and Octopath it felt clunky in the transition from not being firmly "classic" style and not having the QoL and streamlining parts of the more modern stuff. The Ivalice style is great and I'd love to see more in not-an-MMO with the art level allowed by newer tech instead of the PS2-era look. How bout an FFXV flashback DLC yo.

I'm not sure if I can celebrate or not, in the end can I count it that in FF form I killed god, again, or was that just like some dude with a helping hand of a rebel god-ish cast out? ..Who I guess also wanted to kill god..and it seemed like after Ashe decided not to do what the spooky ghost gods said it didn't really matter if Vayne or Vaan won, both sides had already decided humans would guide their own fate? Still mattering for the people if the empire won or not of course.

The reverse catch-up checklist now at 15, 13-2, 13-3, 12, and have 10-2 on deck.

So, now take that ending, and realize that in centuries, Ivalice's many, varied races would die, leaving only humans and monsters, the monsters themselves would eventually rot away, Ivalice would grow weaker, and more pathetic until all that remains is a snowy, sleepy town called St. Ivalice. Magic all but dead from the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Instant Grat posted:

I told them to just give Taro Yoko a big bag of money on the condition that he keeps working with Keiichi Okabe and Emi Evans. I'll buy whatever comes out of that collab. Doesn't even have to be a game, really.

100% :same:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

teh_Broseph posted:

Sa-weet, hit the credits in XII, another one down! Didn't capture me enough to want to do sidequests but that was a good Final Fantasy that I dug. I mighta liked it even more had I played it back in the day, but playing it right after/alongside the 13s, 15, and Octopath it felt clunky in the transition from not being firmly "classic" style and not having the QoL and streamlining parts of the more modern stuff. The Ivalice style is great and I'd love to see more in not-an-MMO with the art level allowed by newer tech instead of the PS2-era look. How bout an FFXV flashback DLC yo.

I'm not sure if I can celebrate or not, in the end can I count it that in FF form I killed god, again, or was that just like some dude with a helping hand of a rebel god-ish cast out? ..Who I guess also wanted to kill god..and it seemed like after Ashe decided not to do what the spooky ghost gods said it didn't really matter if Vayne or Vaan won, both sides had already decided humans would guide their own fate? Still mattering for the people if the empire won or not of course.

The reverse catch-up checklist now at 15, 13-2, 13-3, 12, and have 10-2 on deck.

10-2 is easily in my top five so enjoy

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Phantasium posted:

Same, I asked for a Platinum mana game because I still think it would be funny to do sick combos on Rabites.

I didn't know I wanted this, but I desperately do.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Help. Random battles keep killing me in FFT now, due to Ramza being much higher level then the rest of the worthless dickheads I've been dragging around the continent. Am I just hosed? Ramza's good, but he can't win the battles alone while the rest of the team flail helplessly in the background.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If nothing else, save scum away the random battles and focus on story battles, which don't scale with level. Alternatively, find a level-down trap and send Ramza through the ringer. Granted, both of those are pretty lame options.

Otherwise, look up some of the tricks to break the game, or trigger an easy encounter, kill all but one foe, then nullify it by Toad or Chicken or whatever while you spam the poo poo out of Accumulate.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

All of those options sound grindy and boring, but I'll need to do something to rectify this mess.
I don't know what or where a level-down trap would be? Are they just trap tiles?
I'm trying to just play through the game and not use guides or anything, but that is getting increasingly harder. I've looked up how to get optional characters, currently working on Cloud which is where the random battles come in. I've heard arithmaticians are good, but currently he can only slowly count to five and is useless.
I have Orlandeu, but he is also high level and I'm reluctant to use him and increase the level divide further.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I think you can do randoms without Ramza and it will scale to the average level of the other shlobs.

Can you go back to the beginning area for easier fights?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I think you can do randoms without Ramza and it will scale to the average level of the other shlobs.

Can you go back to the beginning area for easier fights?

According to the internet it scales with the highest lv char in your roster, so that wouldn’t work. But i can try it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Attitude Indicator posted:

According to the internet it scales with the highest lv char in your roster, so that wouldn’t work. But i can try it.

If that's the case you'll have to grind and that sucks. Bring 3 or 4 high level people and 1 or 2 shlobs and slowly let them level up.

Alternatively there's a level down tile in the first desert map. About half way down.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Calculators or whatever the new translation call them are very powerful...after a lot of grinding, first for spells from other jobs, then grinding the abilities on Calculator (who is utterly garbage without said abilities) to be able to use those abilities. They're pretty much an end-point for your mages, with the result being you pretty much get free reign of directing where magic flies without having to worry about silly things like MP or Charge Time.

Long story short, CT5 Holy at the beginning of battle will generally hit everyone, and if you gear your team up with Holy-absorbing gear things get really ridiculous really quickly. It's just that it takes a good bit of grinding AP to actually set this up.

Other options include ditching the characters you've been developing all game for the slew of optional characters the game throws at you in Chapter 4, though it's definitely understandable if you'd rather stick with the crew you've been using all game. And at least women have a "pretty much immortal" option in a specific perfume that always casts Reraise, pretty much making your team unkillable, though you'll have to do some Monster Hunting to grab it.

Elephant Ambush posted:

If that's the case you'll have to grind and that sucks. Bring 3 or 4 high level people and 1 or 2 shlobs and slowly let them level up.

But yeah, unfortunately other than the above that looks like your best option.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Or you could just the infinite AP glitch which is easy as hell to do.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Don't suppose asking them for more front mission would work but here we go.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
infinite AP only works on the ps1 version, and only with classes have have scrolling lists. which, iirc, calculator does not.

there's also a ton of minutiae with the infinite AP trick so it's not nearly as easy as you make it sound

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

infinite AP only works on the ps1 version, and only with classes have have scrolling lists. which, iirc, calculator does not.

there's also a ton of minutiae with the infinite AP trick so it's not nearly as easy as you make it sound

the only real extra thing other than what you mentioned is that you have to have enough JP for a job on the page. I don't think there's anything else

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

morallyobjected posted:

the only real extra thing other than what you mentioned is that you have to have enough JP for a job on the page. I don't think there's anything else

the amount of JP you get (or LOSE) depends on the ability you scroll down to. it also changes whether the skill you're pointing at has either been learned, or you don't have enough JP to get. depending on the situation, you can get as few as like negative 72 JP, up to thousands and loving thousands. it's extremely finicky. definitely save before you experiment.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I certainly remember leaving my high-level folks out of my party being a viable option for fixing scaling on the mobile version. Give it a try, it might work.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

the amount of JP you get (or LOSE) depends on the ability you scroll down to. it also changes whether the skill you're pointing at has either been learned, or you don't have enough JP to get. depending on the situation, you can get as few as like negative 72 JP, up to thousands and loving thousands. it's extremely finicky. definitely save before you experiment.

I have never done it and gotten anything other than 9999 so maybe I looked up a very specific method that just always works well by chance

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Kingtheninja posted:

I asked for a proper official FFT2 on consoles so yeah.

I would honestly be happy with a PS4 port of FFT WotL. I'm done with handhelds aside from Record Keeper on my phone.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I could've asked for something good, but instead I asked for FFXV on the Switch. :laugh:

TWEWY 2, FFT 2

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Came across this article on which version of Final Fantasy games you should play if you haven't played a specific game before and I was surprised I agreed with all of it.

So if anybody's curious, there you go.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Kingtheninja posted:

I can't believe I forgot about that franchise. I loved the first two, and while Battletech scratches that itch I would welcome another (as long as it's turn-based: 3 was alright but I really didn't like the other one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, they literally are making another front mission game

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

You realize that article recommends the DS remake of FF3

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

I'd agree with it ONLY if they agree that FFX HD should be played with the original soundtrack. :colbert:

Also FF13 should be played on PC fullstop if you have a decent/good PC. The load times alone are much faster, and the only issue you need to sort out is controllers, which is true of many new PC ports to this day and is plenty fixable so it's not as big of a deal as you'd expect. At this point, the PC port has minor issues

Instant Grat posted:

You realize that article recommends the DS remake of FF3

Yeah, in hindsight this is kinda right. The article already suggests playing things like the SNES version of 6, the GBA version of 5, and the PSP version of 4 over the more easily available versions out there already. Either they are expecting common people to have all these older consoles on hand, or that emulation shouldn't be an issue. And if you're already into emulators, then poo poo, just throw on the translation patch for 3.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Tae posted:

I mean, they literally are making another front mission game

Square listened! Is it classic FM or will it be like that horrible one on ps3?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I assume it's because you need a physical copy of 3 for the full experience. So it's easier to find the Gameboy version and then throw it in the garbage.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kingtheninja posted:

It's an action game.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Monkey’s paw, bitches.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Kingtheninja posted:

Its a spinoff. Apparently its a 3rd person shooter/survival/stealth game. You dont actually own a wanzer but I read you can commandeer enemy wanzers temporarily.

Yoji Shinkawa is one of the art and character designers so at least the game will have that signature Metal Gear style to it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

One of the Armored Core old-guard is on the team too, so at least on paper it already sounds a bit better than "the team that brought you Silent Hill Homecoming".

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ventana posted:

I'd agree with it ONLY if they agree that FFX HD should be played with the original soundtrack. :colbert:

I would mostly agree with you except for Seymour Battle being superior on the HD soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjDvosAj6ow

But then Challenge is superior on the original soundtrack so maybe it's a wash.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Seymour Battle might fit the game's sound a little better with the sound font changes but it is absolutely criminal that they took the Hammond organ out of the series prog rock climax.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cant believe traveling made me late to the FFT is a lovely loving game chat but Im here and FFT is a piece of poo poo and after 4 attempts I still havent beaten it because every playthrough hits some different stupid loving thing Im not willing to deal with.

Now lets double dip on the stupid; FF Dimensions is great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I beat FFT when it came out on PS1 and I suck at strategy games and even more so back then so it can't be that bad.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have thus far chronicled my entire journey throughout FFXII, and I just realized this is like the text equivalent of a reaction video.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
I did the solo ramza once. Which is a lot less impressive once you realize that after a luck based mission or two, its really easy and boring.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Elentor posted:

I have thus far chronicled my entire journey throughout FFXII, and I just realized this is like the text equivalent of a reaction video.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhat is up eeeeveryBODY

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's in the name of the skill, don't judge me.

Numerology Simulation

Turn 1: Hit at Stack 0 for 1 damage.(Avg: 1.00)
Turn 2: Hit at Stack 1 for 2 damage.(Avg: 1.50)
Turn 3: Hit at Stack 2 for 4 damage.(Avg: 2.33)
(...)
Turn 8: Hit at Stack 7 for 128 damage.(Avg: 31.88)
Turn 9: Missed at Stack 8(Avg: 28.33)
Turn 10: Hit at Stack 0 for 1 damage.(Avg: 25.60)
(...)
Turn 100000099: Hit at Stack 5 for 32 damage.(Avg: 143.71)
Turn 100000100: Missed at Stack 6(Avg: 143.71)

Final Damage: 14,370,784,725
Total Turns: 100,000,100
Total Resets (Halfway/All): 15,851,368 (15.85%) / 15,860,071
Amount of turns it dealt max damage: 8703 (0.009%) or 1 every 11,490
Average Damage per Turn: 143.71

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Elentor posted:

Numerology Simulation

Your lucky number today is 6