Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I remember that poor person who took the time translating and posting LP pics of that one Japanese murder mystery game in the LP forum just getting overwhelmed and exhausted after a while when it inexplicably became the most popular threads for like years and hundreds of reddit people were pouring into the site for it. I don’t know if they ever even finished that project but if they didn’t they probably got literal death threats because people were going insane about it

Edit: the Dangan Ronpa threads. There were two funny videos of redditors freaking out when the paywall went up I’ll try to find

Edit: guess it was tumblr. My phone can’t link videos at the moment directly cause it’s poo poo

https://youtu.be/rUpcl_P9ZTw

https://youtu.be/v9cqtaKQLwA

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Jun 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I remember that poor person who took the time translating and posting LP pics of that one Japanese murder mystery game in the LP forum just getting overwhelmed and exhausted after a while when it inexplicably became the most popular threads for like years and hundreds of reddit people were pouring into the site for it. I don’t know if they ever even finished that project but if they didn’t they probably got literal death threats because people were going insane about it

Edit: the Dangan Ronpa threads. There were two funny videos of redditors freaking out when the paywall went up I’ll try to find

The finished the first one, then canceled the second one when an official translation was announced.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

someone ended up cosplaying as the paywall because of that

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tweak posted:

someone ended up cosplaying as the paywall because of that

hahahaha

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I think this was contained more to Games, but does anybody remember that horrible "The French Revolution but anime" game that some guy registered here to plug? It was an awesome, months-long saga of total cognitive dissonance on the part of the "developer" and shitloads of guillotine jokes.

Actually, looking up the smilie that came out of it reminded me: it was called Thermidor, and last I heard they were hard at work at implementing the guillotine dating simulator part. :thermidor:

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

I can't find the original video but I was watching something on Youtube a few months ago about crazy anime fandom's and the guy mentioned SomethingAwful as a safehaven for fans of some strange anime I never heard of and he described the paywall as a greedy way to cash in on anime nerds and said that video of the kid getting his head smashed by the window was an attack on THAT particular anime fandom.

It's a good example of how many niche corners of this website exist

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Pulling a Bigpeeler.

50 Foot Anting

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Pham Nuwen posted:

50 Foot Anting

If that dude reined himself in a bit his stories would be a lot more bearable. As they are, he talks himself up so much and talks his "opponent" down so much in the stories, the net effect is something like Superman stomping Gollum's balls over and over for two hours.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Was it Microwave that did those little mspaint exploration comics or whatever? I liked those.

Pham Nuwen posted:

50 Foot Anting

Him and his alt(I forget), had some fun interesting stories but I never was a fan of the "found footage.txt" way it was presented nor did I like the opposite-folks coming and pointing out the obvious "IT'S FAKE". Yeah, No poo poo.

What ever happened to those folks? I know Microwave melted down about his mom, what about 50FA? GBS2.0?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Professor of Cats posted:

Him and his alt(I forget), had some fun interesting stories but I never was a fan of the "found footage.txt" way it was presented nor did I like the opposite-folks coming and pointing out the obvious "IT'S FAKE". Yeah, No poo poo.

What ever happened to those folks? I know Microwave melted down about his mom, what about 50FA? GBS2.0?

The alt was Humper Monkey, IIRC.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Was it Microwave that did those little mspaint exploration comics or whatever? I liked those.

50FA last posted in 2015 unless he made a new account. He namechanged to Nostalgia4ColdWar at some point.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
The problem with 50FA was he'd bust into threads where people were sharing their actual life experiences, some of them really tough or emotional, and just be like oh your real life problems reminded me of six pages of heavy handed fiction, lemme just hijack this thread.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.

Yeah, those were the ones. The matter energy one brought me to literal tears of laughter more than once because of the stupid poo poo goons would decide was important (make the little men wear pants! :3: ). That thread is the solitary reason I'm still miffed about waffleimages.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

I Said No posted:

If that dude reined himself in a bit his stories would be a lot more bearable. As they are, he talks himself up so much and talks his "opponent" down so much in the stories, the net effect is something like Superman stomping Gollum's balls over and over for two hours.

You forgot to mention the part where he's constantly staring at the reader while masturbating about how hot and pregnant his wife is, or someone elses wife is.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hellbastard was okay

He was always nice to me when we talked and we both agreed Aquaman isn't as bad as people made him out to be.

most aquaman hate is just thinly disguised homophobia

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Caganer posted:

most aquaman hate is just thinly disguised homophobia

World of Warcraft literally had a song with the lyrics "I am king of the sea, not a queen like Aquaman" and had a video of a Aquaman-looking character model flexing in a dress

Nerds are awful people

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

50FA last posted in 2015 unless he made a new account. He namechanged to Nostalgia4ColdWar at some point.

I enjoyed his story about his oxycontin addicted super saiyan step son.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elise the great posted:

my hyperconservative Christian college
Please make a thread about this

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
does anyone know if microwave ever told his mum that heaps of people on the internet think shes hot

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

quite stretched out posted:

does anyone know if microwave ever told his mum that heaps of people on the internet think shes hot

i am not familiar with this saga but it sounds hilarious

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Screaming Idiot posted:

Aquaman isn't as bad as people made him out to be.

Really living up to your username.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I have nothing but respect for posters like olpainless and Screaming Idiot who choose to do their posting with an "own me weakly" sign on their backs.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Won't someone think of the content creators?

Eripsa did a little too hard and broke their brain.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Eox posted:

I have nothing but respect for posters like olpainless and Screaming Idiot who choose to do their posting with an "own me weakly" sign on their backs.

You hush, I appreciate each and every "more like oldXless" joke I've ever seen, even the clunkers.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Big Peeler and Humpermonkey stuff reminds me of a thread from long ago. There was a goon who worked at a pharmacy and had to deal with a junky lady with an obviously forged prescription. In the thread I recall he named the lady Hobag and there was some violence with her kids or friends and lots of screaming and the goon mspainted himself doing heroic deeds. Anybody else remember that one?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

my fav 50fa anecdote is the one where the fridge was left open a whole night and a sheet of ice formed on the kitchen floor, a definitely real thing that happens

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

I enjoyed his story about his oxycontin addicted super saiyan step son.

That was HumperMonkey

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think mine was the story about how for nebulous reasons he didn't speak until like 8th or 9th grade (and then wouldn't shut up) but the school and all the kids were fine with that until one substitute teacher got so enraged at this apparently disabled kid that she broke his finger. Being mute according to him also apparently means being unable to react to pain. After his pro wrestler sized marine dad would then all but physically assault the faculty in response.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

The Saddest Rhino posted:

my fav 50fa anecdote is the one where the fridge was left open a whole night and a sheet of ice formed on the kitchen floor, a definitely real thing that happens
Mine was how he survived a jet plane crash at an airshow in Germany and getting covered in burning fuel. The scars healed up really well!!

He had a serious case of Walter Mitty that manifested as Humper Monkey.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My favorite story is still Jed the crazy roommate who got found playing a tuba or something in a poo poo lasagna after the storyteller busted open his door. That was actually one of the stories that got me to finally join after finding it a good decade later.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

timefly posted:

That was HumperMonkey

Same guy

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
My favorite was when he riled up the whole trad games grog thread by posting over and over with stories that were increasingly more obviously made up that revolved around him, his hot pregnant wife, and some loving LOSER GOON LMAO that he would always dunk on in the tales. By the end it had escalated to him physically assaulting the goon over D&D or whatever and yet he was somehow still the good guy. And his wife was very hot. And very pregnant.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The villain in those stories started out as a pretty common-sounding Obnoxious Game Store Guy but over time as things became more elaborate he had to become larger, sweatier, and grosser in every way in order to become the perfect foil for Cool Guy 50FA and his wife, Literally Venus Ant (she took his name of course).

All his Cold War army stories are great though, except he scrubbed them from the forums a while back. I don’t know if someone saved them.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Caganer posted:

i am not familiar with this saga but it sounds hilarious

I am unable, but someone please, help this man.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
The SAclopedia is your friend

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1955

Microwave, and his hot mom.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Pirate Radar posted:

The villain in those stories started out as a pretty common-sounding Obnoxious Game Store Guy but over time as things became more elaborate he had to become larger, sweatier, and grosser in every way in order to become the perfect foil for Cool Guy 50FA and his wife, Literally Venus Ant (she took his name of course).

All his Cold War army stories are great though, except he scrubbed them from the forums a while back. I don’t know if someone saved them.

I actually just went looking for some of those old stories since I was reminded by this thread but apparently sometime in 2017 50FA went through and methodically scrubbed his entire posting history from the forums. Bummer. I checked and if you're really dedicated you can use the waybackmachine to see his old posts anyway... but I'm not that dedicated to drudging up some old creative fiction.

Still, weird he felt it necessary to go through and delete it all.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bath Tubs posted:

and said that video of the kid getting his head smashed by the window was an attack on THAT particular anime fandom.

Ahhh, what a great video.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Bath Tubs posted:

that video of the kid getting his head smashed by the window

I swear the only purpose of that video is to startle the poo poo out of me on the rare occasions I get logged out for whatever reason

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Didn't someone call Microwave's mom? Or was that just Diet Pill and Sister's Panties-Sniffer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Didn't someone call Microwave's mom? Or was that just Diet Pill and Sister's Panties-Sniffer?

Who was the goon that had people calling his parents with "hi, I'm from the internet"? Was that diet pill guy?