Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm all for companies charging £25 for HD ports of older games because work went into those that justifies the price, but charging nearly that much for a straight port of the original game onto the Switch, with a lovely half-assed blur filter option on top, is just stupid.

The ~£6-£7 price for Arcade Archives titles is a perfectly fine price-point for retro ports of good games, IMO.

I agree with the first opinion, respectfully disagree with the latter. I still enjoying being a Bad enough Dude to rescue the president, but each of those games is 7 USD, for games with minimal content mind you, and I think that that's too far. I would be more fine with this base price if they gave substantial discounts for buying multiple titles. Not so much simultaneously, but give people a discount for buying further titles in the same line: "Oh, you want to buy Sly Spy and you already own Bad Dudes? Thanks for being a loyal customer; you can have the game for $6 instead." or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

JustJeff88 posted:

I agree with the first opinion, respectfully disagree with the latter. I still enjoying being a Bad enough Dude to rescue the president, but each of those games is 7 USD, for games with minimal content mind you, and I think that that's too far. I would be more fine with this base price if they gave substantial discounts for buying multiple titles. Not so much simultaneously, but give people a discount for buying further titles in the same line: "Oh, you want to buy Sly Spy and you already own Bad Dudes? Thanks for being a loyal customer; you can have the game for $6 instead." or something like that.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

JustJeff88 posted:

Not so much simultaneously, but give people a discount for buying further titles in the same line: "Oh, you want to buy Sly Spy and you already own Bad Dudes? Thanks for being a loyal customer; you can have the game for $6 instead." or something like that.

And arcade games were designed to be quarter-eaters that could actually be 100%-ed in around an hour so their actual gameplay/replay value isn't that great unless it's a fighting or sports game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm gonna have to agree that 7 is fine for the neo geo, arcade and turbo games. All of them are cheaper than getting the original game. There's a lot more options in each game and most of them include the Japanese edition.

You're also not meant to buy all of them. Buy a couple that really mean a lot to you.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I'm glad collections are coming back in vogue. Picking and choosing at 8 bucks is fine and I have no problem with that price point for certain individual games, but then I stop and think how the price of four of them could have gotten me the Wii SNK collection with like 20 games.

There's also the annoying thing where some of these Neo Geo games are getting full-featured versions elsewhere with online play while the Switch will only get the ACA version. One value-add I'd like for the ACA NG games is including the AES versions. Limited continues but more options.

Still want to play as Bonus-kun and Fernandez

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Has anyone heard of any "incentives" to buy the physical version of X Collection for the Switch? I am aware that only X1-X4 are on physical media and the rest are digital download, but the first four X games won't take up much additional memory and it is convenient to not have to swap media. I bought the original collection via physical media but, unless the X collection comes with something neat like the twee little 30th anniversary cloth, I think that I'm going to go full digital this time.

Edit: Second question: is the digital version of Sonic Mania going to be the same, content-wise, as the cartridge version that's coming out next month on the Switch? I know that there are some physical gifts in the box version but I'm not terribly tempted by those, so if the actual game content is the game I think that I will just go full digital on this one also as it's not going to eat up a lot of space. (I have a 64gb card in my Switch, which helps).

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 24, 2018

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

Has anyone heard of any "incentives" to buy the physical version of X Collection for the Switch? I am aware that only X1-X4 are on physical media and the rest are digital download, but the first four X games won't take up much additional memory and it is convenient to not have to swap media. I bought the original collection via physical media but, unless the X collection comes with something neat like the twee little 30th anniversary cloth, I think that I'm going to go full digital this time.

Edit: Second question: is the digital version of Sonic Mania going to be the same, content-wise, as the cartridge version that's coming out next month on the Switch? I know that there are some physical gifts in the box version but I'm not terribly tempted by those, so if the actual game content is the game I think that I will just go full digital on this one also as it's not going to eat up a lot of space. (I have a 64gb card in my Switch, which helps).

As far as I'm aware, yes. Mania Plus will be released as DLC for those who already own the digital version and the physical copy will just be the main game with the DLC content already added into it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Larryb posted:

As far as I'm aware, yes. Mania Plus will be released as DLC for those who already own the digital version and the physical copy will just be the main game with the DLC content already added into it.

That's what I thought as well. Thank you for confirming it.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

If you're going to play Lumines I would suggest either turning off rumble or getting a good pair of headphones because otherwise all you're going to hear is a pair of farting JoyCons.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases June 28, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Money Puzzle Exchanger - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Money Puzzle Exchanger" is an action-puzzle game released by FACE in 1997. The definitive version of this non-stop fun money-exchanging action-puzzle game first made its debut on the Neo Geo. It offers three modes of play: VS COM, SOLO PLAY and 1P VS 2P!

Air Mail - $14.99 / £12.00 / €12.99 (June 26)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
N-Fusion Interactive's award winning flight-adventure game, Air Mail, has arrived on Nintendo Switch! Get ready for an incredible ride through a fantasy world filled with exotic lands to explore. Your adventure begins in the picturesque kingdom of Domeeka, where air mail pilots fly from island to island carrying out tasks for the peaceful villagers. You play the role of Scoop, the youngest pilot to ever join the Domeekan Island Fliers. But when conflict erupts it will be up to you to restore peace to the kingdom. Your journey will take you to exciting worlds far from home. And you'll make new friends along the way.

Angels of Death - $14.99 / £11.29 / €12.49 (June 27)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A dark promise deepens the peculiar bond between two reluctant partners. Where is this place in which they’ve found themselves trapped? Why have they been imprisoned here? What does fate have in store for them? Thus begins a dangerous and terrifying escape mission from a mysterious sealed building!

Anima: Gate of Memories - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (June 29)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Anima: Gate of Memories is a third person action RPG that tells the story of two beings bound by an unwilling pact, an ancient monster and a girl who lost her past... Forced to stay together, their lives will take a unexpected turn when both discover that something darker than they could imagine is about to start, a war in the shadows in which they will have a leading role. Anima: Gate of Memories brings to videogames the world of Gaia from the Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG table-top books. You will enjoy a deep and multifaceted story where your choices and actions directly impact the journey and decide the fate of the characters.

Anima: Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (June 19 NA / June 29 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Anima The Nameless Chronicles is a third person action RPG that tells the story of a man without name, an immortal being cursed to walk the world until the end of time. When a shadow of his past rises again, he will be forced to take part in a conflict in which the very existence is in question. But... Will he be our last hope, or our doom? The Nameless Chronicles is the second videogame set in the world of Gaia, from the Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG table-top books. You will enjoy a deep and multifaceted story where your choices directly impact the journey and decide your fate.

Arcade Archives Renegade - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Renegade" is an action game that was released by Tecnos Japan in 1986. In "Renegade", players control a vigilante (named Mr. K), who fights a variety of street gangs on his way to save his girlfriend.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (June 29)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Your favourite marsupial, Crash Bandicoot, is back! He’s enhanced, entranced and ready-to-dance with the N. Sane Trilogy game collection. Now you can experience Crash Bandicoot like never before. Spin, jump, wump and repeat as you take on the epic challenges and adventures through the three games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Relive all your favorite Crash moments in their fully-remastered graphical glory and get ready to put some UMPH in your WUMP!

Cubikolor - $ ? / £7.20 / €7.99 (June 26)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Immerse yourself in the world of Cubikolor! Move your Kube by matching the kolors of the sides and the platform to complete each level. Armed only with your logic and your Kube, move through the 150 levels outwitting the traps in the System, an evil, scheming entity, to confront the machine and pass the test!

de Blob - $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99 (June 26)
de Blob is a 3D platformer where players maneuver their hero, de Blob. Equal parts amorphous blob of paint, struggling artist, revolutionary and juvenile delinquent, de Blob's goal is to replace the drab, lifeless gray coloring that the I.N.K.T. Corporation has imposed on Chroma City and its inhabitants, the Raydians, with a range of vibrant life-giving colors, all the while avoiding and battling the gray-clad forces of the Inkies.

Dream Alone - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Dream Alone is a 2D platforming game with classic platform gameplay, deadly traps, a dark storyline and unique hero abilities. A mysterious sickness strikes a quiet village. One by one the townspeople fall into a coma, entire families falling prey to a death-like state. When the hero's family becomes affected by the disease, he starts a dangerous journey to find the mythical sorceress, Lady Death, who is supposed to have powers that can stop or perhaps even reverse the disease.

Figment - $15.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A action-adventure set in the recesses of the human mind... Welcome to the world of Figment. Join Dusty and his ever-optimistic friend, Piper, on an adventure through the different sides of the mind, solving puzzles to set things straight, beating back the nightmares and seeking to restore the courage that's been lost.

Fossil Hunters - $16.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You are an adventuring Fossil Hunter who has traveled to a remote, mysterious dig site to discover the most incredible fossils the world has ever seen! Discover and assemble your own fossil creations and avoid cave-ins, monsters, and traps while you explore exciting underground environments. Find secrets, treasure and more as you uncover clues to the whereabouts of the fossil hunters who came before you.

Grave Danger - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
WANTED: Dead AND Alive! Dante, Malice, and Elliot have all been cast as outlaws, and it's up to you to help them clear their names. In a world that wants you both Dead AND Alive, there's no rest for the living and or unliving. Switch between these three unique characters, mastering their movements and attacks, and guiding them further into the story. Play Single player or Co-op to solve puzzles! Enlist your friends to control all three characters locally, utilizing them to their maximum potential. If you can't play with a friend or want the completely single player experience, that's fine too; switch between co-op or single player at any time.

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (May 29 NA / June 28 EU)
In celebration of Harvest Moon's 20th Anniversary comes an all-new game – Harvest Moon: Light of Hope. Discover an adventure encompassing twenty years of the spirit that has made the franchise what it is today!

Inside - $ ? / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Hunted and alone, a boy finds himself drawn into the center of a dark project.

The Journey Down: Chapter Two - $19.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Far below the noisy metropolis of St. Armando, Bwana follows in the footsteps of his lost father together with Kito and Lina. In their search for the mysterious Underland, they discover a dark conspiracy shrouding the fate of Captain Kaonandodo. In the second chapter, the plot thickens as our heroes plunge down into the mist below the Edge and wind up in the foggy and treacherous town of Port Artue where they find themselves cornered by pirates and on the run from the law. The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga with an Afro-Caribbean vibe.

Limbo - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Uncertain of his sister's fate, a boy enters LIMBO

Lumines Remastered - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99 (June 26)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The critically-acclaimed puzzle game produced by legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi arrives on the Nintendo Switch! An HD remaster of the original game, LUMINES REMASTERED beautifully marries the elements of sound, light and puzzle-action into one addictive, yet easy-to-play game. You're at the center of the high-energy, block-dropping action while you groove to awesome house, trance and techno beats! Play LUMINES REMASTERED on-the-go in Handheld mode or at home in TV and Tabletop modes.

MotoGP 18 - $39.99 / £49.99 / €59.99
Become the star of the 2018 MotoGP™ season! Pursue your career as a professional rider making your way from the Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup up to the Premier class of the MotoGP™. Race with all the riders of the MotoGP™ on 19 official tracks, including the new Buriram International Circuit in Thailand and enjoy an even more immersive experience thanks to new features. Feel like a professional rider, decide how to change your bike, learn how to manage tyre wear, use the MotoGP™ ID to monitor your progress and challenge your friends with the local multiplayer*.

No Heroes Here - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
NO HEROES HERE is a co-op game for one to four players. Coordination and cooperation are your key weapons to success - everyone must play a role in the battles to come and work together as a team to protect the castles and Kingdom from imminent doom. The enemy hordes have struck with terror and chaos. The King's broken army and fallen heroes cannot protect you from harm. It is up to you to protect the realm and restore Noobland to glory!

Paranautical Activity - $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Paranautical Activity ​is a blisteringly-fast first-person shooter that combines classic​ arena-style FPS action​ with​ ​roguelite elements. An intense and challenging test of precision, skill and reflexes awaits!

Photon Cube - $13.65 / £10.79 / €12.00
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Photon Cube" is a unique puzzle game using light function. "Reflect", "Split", "Combine", Let's lead seven colors of light! 3D prism action puzzle that light draws "Photon Cube" appeared!

Sanrio Characters Picross - $ ? / £6.50 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This is a puzzle game using Sanrio characters. Solve Picross puzzles to unveil pictures and get cute stickers to decorate your screen with! Or use them on game backgrounds! Enjoy Picross with your own background!

Survive! Mr. Cube - $ ? / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Survive! Mr. Cube" is an rogue-lite action game with the story of a man called "Mr. Cube" who has to escape from an unknown world in order to get his life back. In this randomly generated environment, you will have to survive using unique and unusual Cube characters and numerous weapons. Mr.Cube is destined to find his other self in a parallel universe, in order to return his original life. He awakes in an unknown dimension, with nothing but a weapon in hand. There could be a way to escape through the dimension gate, but there are dangerous monsters blocking road ahead.

Waking Violet - $4.99 / £5.99 / €6.99 (June 29)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Waking Violet is a classic 2D top-down puzzle game, but with awesome spells and a unique time rewind mechanic. Playing as Violet, a shy teen with a desire to grow up, you get trapped in a dream you just can't wake up from. Every puzzle solved will take you closer to waking-up and getting back to your real life, but you are in the dream for a reason, and getting out might not be as easy as it sounds…

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (June 29)
Spark the second American Revolution anytime, anywhere in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for Nintendo Switch. Fight through post-nuclear Manhattan, occupied Roswell, New Mexico, and the embattled bayous and boulevards of New Orleans as you liberate the American people from The Regime.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (June 26 NA / June 29 EU)
Ys returns with a brand new adventure for the first time in 8 years! Adol awakens shipwrecked and stranded on a cursed island. There, he and the other shipwrecked passengers he rescues form a village to challenge fearsome beasts and mysterious ruins on the isolated island. Amidst this, Adol begins to dream of a mysterious blue-haired maiden living in a unknown world. Join Adol as he unravels the riddle of the cursed isle and the blue-haired maiden Dana in Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana!

New 3DS
I.F.O. - $ ? / £3.59 / €3.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
I.F.O is an old school LCD-style shoot'em up game. Shoot down UFOs using a classic style aircraft and save the abducted animals from the aliens. Save the Earth from the Aliens! You're the world's last hope.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 28, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That's a lot of games. I feel £27 is too much for it at this point but De Blob is a really cool and fun platformer that not enough people have played.

Also mother loving Money Puzzle Exchanger.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sanrio Characters Picross ftw

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there VR Picross yet

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

How is paranautical activity still being released on new systems?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Breadallelogram posted:

Does anyone know if it still sucks rear end because when I played it on PC years ago it definitely sucked rear end

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
I only got it on PSN because I was craving a roguelite FPS. There's no reason to get it since it's horrible and Immortal Redneck exists. Just get that game instead, it's actually good.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

mrEkli posted:

I only got it on PSN because I was craving a roguelite FPS. There's no reason to get it since it's horrible and Immortal Redneck exists. Just get that game instead, it's actually good.

I was really disappointed with it as well. I've never tried Immortal Redneck.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Lumines? Where's my Meteos HD remake, Nintendo? :argh:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Breadallelogram posted:

didn't the dev go crazy on steam, I recall some drama. But that fan art logo is REALLY bad. That alone should warn people.

How anime is Ys? I want a good action RPG but can do without bad anime stuff.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 28, 2018

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Lumines? Where's my Meteos HD remake, Nintendo? :argh:

meteos was too good for this world

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I only want Meteos if Sakurai is doing it again. The ones without him sucked.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

didn't the dev go crazy on steam, I recall some drama. But that fan art logo is REALLY bad. That alone should warn people.

It's 12 anime.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think Meteos only works on the DS

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

elf help book posted:

It's 12 anime.

drat, but thanks though. I almost made the mistake of getting Star Ocean util somebody showed me the nappy time scene. Dodged that anime bullet.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

homeless snail posted:

I think Meteos only works on the DS

It could work on Switch too with choices of control. Give us the 360 control scheme for docked and the ability to also play with the touchscreen when handheld.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

AxeManiac posted:

drat, but thanks though. I almost made the mistake of getting Star Ocean util somebody showed me the nappy time scene. Dodged that anime bullet.

The story in Ys games is extremely ignorable but it's also not very weird, silly or quirky. Usually just some pretty standard adventure stories.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Switch port of Ys 8 is supposedly plagued with technical issues and still using the old bad translation instead of the re-translation NISA did (why and how is a mystery).

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Don't take this too authoritatively (it's coming out the 29th in EU so I haven't touched it) but "plagued with technical issues" seems to be overblowing it. From what I've seen the game runs perfectly acceptably, doesn't have crashing issues, and the translation is stiff but understandable (and has some really entertaining errors)

Plus they're apparently patching the hell out of it. The translation should be up to speed very soon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys VIII has way too much story in it but it's the best version to date of their party based action systems, I had a blast with it. Probably the most technically impressive Vita game I ever played too

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Amppelix posted:

Don't take this too authoritatively (it's coming out the 29th in EU so I haven't touched it) but "plagued with technical issues" seems to be overblowing it. From what I've seen the game runs perfectly acceptably, doesn't have crashing issues, and the translation is stiff but understandable (and has some really entertaining errors)

Plus they're apparently patching the hell out of it. The translation should be up to speed very soon.

Most of the bugs are triggered by installing the pre-order DLC before a patch, or after a patch, or something. It's real dumb.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh, well that's pretty easily avoided

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

I think he posted a death threat about Gabe Newell lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Breadallelogram posted:

I think he posted a death threat about Gabe Newell lol

Can you blame him? Its TYOOL 2018 and we still dont have HL3

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It was like 2014 or 15 I think, but your point still stands

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Amppelix posted:

Just a barely related translation quote, but when the first Elminage game to the west (on PSP, now elsewhere) the translation was so poor that Sony, I believe, basically strongarmed the devs into improving it under pain of pulling the game completely. Apparently the original Japanese developers had no intention of doing anything to improve it until they weren't given a choice. The game hasn't earned very good reviews anyway, but being hard to read isn't helping.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Speaking of poo poo ports, I wound up going for The Sexy Brutale last week since it was part of the eShop sale and it'd been lingering in my Steam wishlist for a while, and boy howdy what a mistake that was because that's the worst technical performance I've ever gotten out of a console game purchase. Not just the chugging and loading times; after an hour of playing when you thwart the giant spider murder, entering the grand white hall led to protagonist Boone's animations not even loading, so in addition to the chugging and input/processing lag, he just choppily floated around the joint too, like a statue being moved by telekinesis. (Powering down and restarting didn't make any difference.) And this for a game that's apparently had 4 or 5 patches since it launched on Switch late last year? Holy gently caress!

Always check your reviews for ports I guess. Even for this week's Owlboy sale I'm hitting up Metacritic and checking the reviews first! Oh...wait...

quote:

The real shame is that the Nintendo Switch version, which you would think would be the ideal version, suffers from bad control issues and some troubling bugs that make it hard to recommend for that console.

...maybe it's been patched by now?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Flame in the Flood has a "definitive" patch that made it to PC/PS4 but not Switch*, and I have no idea if heart and slash ever got their unity fix for the unplayable broken bug they had. Devs are lazy yo.

*that I know of

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Wizard of Legend also runs like absolute dogshit on Switch, but supposedly they submitted a patch for that a while ago and are just waiting on Nintendo.

It's amazing how many Switch ports are garbage, considering the hardware is common and well-understood.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Wizard of Legend also runs like absolute dogshit on Switch, but supposedly they submitted a patch for that a while ago and are just waiting on Nintendo.

It's amazing how many Switch ports are garbage, considering the hardware is common and well-understood.

it runs fine for me and only really drops frames when HUGE flame beams get shot, otherwise I'd never say it was dogshit quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

it runs fine for me and only really drops frames when HUGE flame beams get shot, otherwise I'd never say it was dogshit quality

It runs noticeably worse than on PC or other consoles, not even taking into account the sudden freezes or the drop to 5fps whenever you enter a room with fire walls in it, to the point where the game is noticeably less responsive and harder to play (on top of the control issues when not using mouse+keyboard).