Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Darling cutie
Electric angel
Doesn’t need an evolution
Evolutionless
Nne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Marill

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
a Zorua disguised as Pikachu

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

whos your favorite pikachu clone i like emolga

emolga

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Super No Vacancy posted:

Talking Pikachu.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

togedemaru is cute

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I love Dedenne. Emolga is real good too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Acrobatics/Discharge Motor Drive Emolga is the best.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kikas posted:

Acrobatics/Discharge Motor Drive Emolga is the best.

Competitively they're all quite tragic. Raichu, Aloraichu, Minun, Plusle, Pachirisu, Emonga, Dedenne and Togedemaru are all PU.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

less laughter posted:

Competitively they're all quite tragic. Raichu, Aloraichu, Minun, Plusle, Pachirisu, Emonga, Dedenne and Togedemaru are all PU.

How quickly we forget:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hate that comic because Garchomp shouldnt be surprised that his training partner is strong

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

obviously. it's the only one who isn't a slightly different type of rodent

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

i hate that comic because Garchomp shouldnt be surprised that his training partner is strong

he knows that it shortens pachirisu’s life span to use “that technique”

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
togedemaru is like the hardest tapu koko counter in the game until they remember u-turn is the best move in the game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oof ouch i cant believe youd give your own koko the spiky shield

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I am Reverend posted:

togedemaru is like the hardest tapu koko counter in the game until they remember u-turn is the best move in the game

I fought that Togedemaru very slowly to death, I can't even remember what pokemon I used but I refused to switch out to something better, and just waited until it completely ran out of heals.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

It's a useful move but something with the least offensive typing attack is hardly the best move period

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

How quickly we forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH9u4eZQGk8

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

Nessa posted:

I love Dedenne. Emolga is real good too.

I wish they were useful. Sadly...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Parrotine posted:

It's a useful move but something with the least offensive typing attack is hardly the best move period

hmm

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

OgreNoah posted:

I fought that Togedemaru very slowly to death, I can't even remember what pokemon I used but I refused to switch out to something better, and just waited until it completely ran out of heals.
I scratched my head really hard over solving Totem Togedemaru until I hit on a strategy of Leech Seeding followed by tanking the heck out of it with Magneton (while reviving all my other team mates so they could drink the delicious XP).

This has been kind of a weird run honestly.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 28, 2018

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
re: eevee chat

my gf, who is 100% let's go eevee's demo, asked "why would i do that?" when i asked her what she would evolve her eevee to. when i pressed her why she wouldn't, she said "the evolutions aren't as cute and you can't dress them up"

if you're mad about not being able to evolve the eevee, let's go eevee is not for you. it doesn't matter what it was intended to do.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Alloran posted:

I wish they were useful. Sadly...

Dedenne is useful as a pickup friend. I originally trained one, thinking it could learn Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast. Then I just kept him in my party to get items for me and help me catch Pokemon with nuzzle.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sharrrk posted:

Raichu would kick pikachu's rear end, easily

Tell that to the anime.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

re: eevee chat

my gf, who is 100% let's go eevee's demo, asked "why would i do that?" when i asked her what she would evolve her eevee to. when i pressed her why she wouldn't, she said "the evolutions aren't as cute and you can't dress them up"

if you're mad about not being able to evolve the eevee, let's go eevee is not for you. it doesn't matter what it was intended to do.

you should be able to dress them up though

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Manatee Cannon posted:

I play pokemon for the cool monsters

Bad news, friend.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

No kidding, I'm going to be fuming until the bulbasaur edition comes out

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Super No Vacancy posted:

Slowpoke

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtKA3u6P1tw

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

Playing through the ultra version of moon and I still can't get over the mood whiplash in this game. First two islands are "fun adventure with my animal friends" then it gets to the third island where it starts making GBS threads in your soul culminating into horrific child abuse. Wtf game.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Tell that to the anime.
Ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UTvSFk_T7s

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I always appreciate when the anime punishes Ash and Pikachu for being idiots. :allears:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Alloran posted:

Playing through the ultra version of moon and I still can't get over the mood whiplash in this game. First two islands are "fun adventure with my animal friends" then it gets to the third island where it starts making GBS threads in your soul culminating into horrific child abuse. Wtf game.

You didn't notice on Melemele Island the implication that Ya Boy Guzma's dad used to beat him?

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

Nth Doctor posted:

You didn't notice on Melemele Island the implication that Ya Boy Guzma's dad used to beat him?

After the fact yea, but before it was pointed out? Not really.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Alloran posted:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Super No Vacancy posted:

I like all of them except Plusle and Minun. I have a plush Pachirisu, and would buy an Emolga, Dedenne or Togedemaru if I ever saw one for sale at GameStop/Barnes & Noble/wherever else has plushies for sale.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Spatula City posted:

I like all of them except Plusle and Minun.

That's messed up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

And then they fuse into Dedenne right?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nth Doctor posted:

Sure did, glad he kicked his dad's rear end before leaving home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
You know what I wanna see in a Pokemon game?

A rival who comments on it if you nickname your starter before your first battle with them. Bonus points if they nickname their own pokemon as a direct result. (aka, they'll only nickname their pokemon if you nickname your starter)