Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Ignore is for cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

tyler posted:

Ignore is for cowards

So this request probably won't affect you :)

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Any chance you could make posts from ignored users smaller? I know currently it's displaying a link to show the ignored post but maybe you could word it so it only takes up a line?

This probably has to do with your font settings too. Mine probably takes 3 lines because I’m an old man and have my font size jacked up. :corsair:

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 27, 2018

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Jerk detected! User ignored.

Or just

User ignored.

Would work even with a huge font. It's clearly a pushable link so the rest isn't needed.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The thing is I don't think Awful.app does anything special for ignored posts. So it would have to start doing something special since right now it just renders the post as is.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Crime on a Dime posted:

Bump the minimum requirement for real. Also any word on the extra space at the front when you paste an image URL?

Nothing to report, still on the list!

Jeoh posted:

Do we have any data on how many people are still stuck on those ancient devices?

We're at something like 95% iOS 11, which only supports non-ancient devices. There's still a couple hundred devices on iOS 9.

Sereri posted:

We switched to the version recommended by the twitter api of injecting the latest twitter.js and ours didn't break. Not sure if that's something the apple app store release people allow.

Didn't even occur to me, but of course that's a thing. I'll check it out!

Hervey Keith posted:

Came in here to post about probs with Twitter gifs/vids loading - looks like that’s already been covered.

Awful app is the only way I browse SA anymore and I think it’s awesome. Thank you.

:toot:

irpoweroutlet posted:

I’m on Public Beta 1 of iOS 12 and this may be related to what you were talking about in the beginning of your last post Pokey.

My app settings are to open twitter links in the twitter app and use the Awful app as my browser for other links. Everything opens in safari.

I'll make sure that's on the list. I've mostly written those off as the not-entirely-intuitive iOS system behaviour, but it seems like there's enough smoke here to go searching for fire.

tanky posted:

Bumping the min requirement to 12 would be convenient, but maybe too aggressive. iOS 11 adoption has been real slow, iPhone 5 is still fairly common, and we'd lose the long tail of people's old iPads. Unless iOS 12 goes gangbusters from the start or our userbase is way ahead of the adoption curve, it'd probably make sense to do the bare minimum work to keep those updating (I like the idea of just fixing preview/theme).

What kind of analytics do we have? I didn't see hw.machine being logged, but percentage on iOS 10.3.3 from connect or crashlytics might be a useful proxy for device breakdown.

iOS 12 doesn't drop any devices though, so if we were gonna do 11 we might as well just go right to 12.

I managed to screw up the build script just enough to ship the most recent App Store release with no Crashlytics. The numbers above come from App Store Connect. (24% opt-in rate, bunch of paranoid goons!)

theflyingexecutive posted:

Make a new paid version for iOS 12 and cut the taxman in

I've offered.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Any chance you could make posts from ignored users smaller? I know currently it's displaying a link to show the ignored post but maybe you could word it so it only takes up a line?

I'd accept a change that shrinks the font size. Not so sure about rewording it; I try to stay faithful to the Forums proper in showing content. Also this:

carry on then posted:

The thing is I don't think Awful.app does anything special for ignored posts. So it would have to start doing something special since right now it just renders the post as is.

tyler posted:

Ignore is for cowards

:yeah:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've posted about this before but I have an issue where forums will auto-refresh but the thread list is messed up and there will be dead threads listed. Instead of the standard number of threads on the first page there are like two pages worth and at the end the "pull up to go to next page" doesn't work. Manually pulling down at the top of the thread list to refresh fixes it. Ive only noticed it in GBS and PYF (I know, lol don't read those forums problem solved lol).

Not a huge deal and maybe just me but wanted to report

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Just wanted to mention that the "[/..]" keyboard button while posting still doesn't understand nested bbcode tags, and instead repeatedly attempts to re-close an already closed tag. So if you write bold-italics and try to close both tags with the "[/..]" button, and then hit it a few more times for fun, you'll get:
code:
[b][i]for closers[/i][//i][///i][////i][/////i]
I know I've mentioned this before (and iirc it cropped up after switching to Swift for the regexes, possibly?) but I think that was all in the old thread.

:sureboat:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Sent items folder in PM's would be grrrreat

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Crime on a Dime posted:

Sent items folder in PM's would be grrrreat

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Having trouble keeping track of all the pms with girls

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

tyler posted:

Having trouble keeping track of all the pms with girls
then maybe you ought to stop harassing them

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Crash report

Iphone 7, ios 11.newest

I had an image copied to the clipboard (an actual image from the camera roll, not a url). I started composing an empty reply and tapped the textview to bring up the copy/paste bubble. I selected the img option and accidentally picked the option that inserts the [img] bbcode tags. I then selected all so the tags' text was highlighted, selected the img option from the bubble and selected paste to paste my image and the app crashed.

1. Copy image data to clipboard from Photos app
2. Compose empty reply
3. Insert img tags
4. Select all
5. Paste image
6. Crash

Fwiw the image data didn't seem messed up, i opened the app again and successfully pasted and posted without re-copying the image from Photos. Here is the image i hope you like it

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sometimes the app will swipe off to the right into some grey and I have to force quit it to work again.

Latest version, on iPhone 8 running 11.4

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I liked the image thank you regtendo

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
To be fair The Nice Guys is a pretty good movie

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Is Awful supported by any of those band-aid "open links to this app in the actual app instead of Safari" apps, like Opener?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Is Awful supported by any of those band-aid "open links to this app in the actual app instead of Safari" apps, like Opener?

I actually came here to ask the same question.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Workflow (and likely siri shortcuts in ios 12) works

Heres one i made for when images dont load when you're on the train or whatever, if you long-touch a blank inage to get to the fullscreen loading view this will kick it out to safari so you can go back to reading and then check the image in safari when you have service

https://workflow.is/workflows/30478b9174a64e93b5ed760cd6abfb62

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm very bad at regex so if someone could share one that'd trim out everything past the ? In a forums twitter url (so I don't have to remove the tracker info when i go to share a twitter link from the forums) ill buy you an av

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Regular Nintendo posted:

I'm very bad at regex so if someone could share one that'd trim out everything past the ? In a forums twitter url (so I don't have to remove the tracker info when i go to share a twitter link from the forums) ill buy you an av
A very bad regex substitution would take (.*)\? and replace it with $1

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
In public beta 2, tweets open in the twitter app again.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When I post in this thread, apostrophes are stripped between compose and preview. People already think I’m an idiot, so no real harm, but weird. On the TestFlight channel.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861354&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

YouTube links reliably open in the app again, thanks!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

pokeyman posted:

There's also "forwarded". I stole them from the site proper, assuming that people would know what they meant in that case (if they know at all), but I'm open to new icons.

Hey, I've made these now. They're named unread-msg, read-msg, rep-msg and fwd-msg.

(In the 2x & 3x folders)

I've also made changes to the others in the set (still same naming and dimensions) so if you could pop those into the next beta that'd be great!

e: Some other things - Share URL could maybe just be Share. I've changed that icon to the more typical share icon.

The brightness sun icons in settings currently appear black on the dark theme.

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 8, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I still have the issue where every now and then the screen will not be responsive unless I open threads with 3D Touch.

Not a huge inconvenience since it’s easy to just close the app and reopen, which has fixed it 100% of the time, just something I figured the dev would like to know.

iOS 11.4 and the most recent release of awful app.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
feature request: replace the tasteful posting animation with a flushing or toilet bowl animation

tia

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Are non plat users able to report now or is it a bug I can see the report button?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

boop the snoot posted:

I still have the issue where every now and then the screen will not be responsive unless I open threads with 3D Touch.

Not a huge inconvenience since it’s easy to just close the app and reopen, which has fixed it 100% of the time, just something I figured the dev would like to know.

iOS 11.4 and the most recent release of awful app.

Same issue and specs here

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Can we start scraping https://www.twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com? Maybe it’s bad to diverge from the site there, I dunno. (Why doesn’t the site do it?)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Subjunctive posted:

Can we start scraping https://www.twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com? Maybe it’s bad to diverge from the site there, I dunno. (Why doesn’t the site do it?)
What do you mean?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

anthonypants posted:

What do you mean?

I mean that we auto expand “twitter.com” links, but not “www.twitter.com” or “mobile.twitter.com” ones.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Have we figured out how to get video links/gifs from embedded tweets to play in the app again yet?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dismas posted:

Have we figured out how to get video links/gifs from embedded tweets to play in the app again yet?

Get twitter to somehow hire engineers who aren't dullards

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to remove someone from your ignore list in awful app? I can’t find it and I accidentally added someone that I didn’t mean to while trying to look at their rap sheet.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Is there a way to remove someone from your ignore list in awful app? I can’t find it and I accidentally added someone that I didn’t mean to while trying to look at their rap sheet.

Tap avatar for the menu, then choose unignore

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crime on a Dime posted:

Tap avatar for the menu, then choose unignore

Wow, I feel like an idiot now. Thanks man.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Will filtering threads by tag ever work again? I seem to remember it used to... long, long ago.....

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Weedle posted:

Will filtering threads by tag ever work again? I seem to remember it used to... long, long ago.....

I was wondering about this. Tried to filter via tags yesterday and found out that I can’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Weedle posted:

:pray: